closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Steinhart Architect: Genta homage

Steinhart Architect: Genta homage

What do we collectively think of this one? I'm a bit on the fence about it. Some things I like, some things I don't.

Really not sure about the shade of green they picked for this one. On balance I probably prefer the blue overall.

Patek styling cues…………. Not a bad design!

I like it, but not at €840. Presumably plus VAT in the UK?

It’s ok. I’d prefer the CWL Twelve.

Hints of both the AP RO and the PP Nautilus in there, but clearly staying far enough away to not be a direct copy of either. My problem with Steinhart is the sheer volume of new releases and special editions etc both by Steinhart themselves and watches made for exclusive sale by the likes of Gnomon etc.

At least this one can’t be labelled Rolex-a-like.

It’s okay, but I wouldn’t buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I like it, but not at €840. Presumably plus VAT in the UK?
    That's inc VAT. I believe the post-Brexit situation requires the seller to fill in a form and the VAT gets paid correctly automatically (collected at source and paid to HMRC). I'm not 100% sure about how it works TBH. AFAIK Steinhart are set up with the proper paperwork but if I were going to buy one of these I'd email them first to check.

If you buy something from some random seller who doesn't fill in said paperwork then yes, you can get double-charged VAT.

The price seems a bit on the high side to me as well, but I'm sure the build will be excellent as Steinhart usually are, and this is from their Premium line. It comes with the SW300-1 Elaboré Premium rather than the base SW-200 you'd get in most watches up to about double that price nowadays. Not COSC, but I believe that's the top grade of movement Sellita makes.

Not for me
    At first I thought it was a homage to the recent Bell and Ross integrated bracelet watch.

Can’t say I am a fan of the Genta inspired thing happening at the moment. Genta peaked with the Polerouter IMO.

Journeyman
    It's a much nicer effort than the one from maen, looks like a nice bit of fun and a decent daily....

Except for the bracelet, I see no micro adjustment or half links, surely a deadly decision for a watch genre that sells itself on a bracelet that won't fit half of their buyers?

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Not much Genta to my eye, but quite a lot of Armand Nicolet:

It looks too thick and slab sided, the numbers are too big and ugly, the date looks tiny and stupid. I don't like the dial/chapter ring. Apart from that, aye, it's alright.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    It looks too thick and slab sided, the numbers are too big and ugly, the date looks tiny and stupid. I don't like the dial/chapter ring. Apart from that, aye, it's alright.
    It’s 39mm by 11.5mm. Not too bad for the current times? -/-10mm is a big step forward money wise.

The Armand Nicolet above mentioned is kuch bigger.

This watch does seems reasonable value for money?

Quote Originally Posted by Time Cat View Post
    ... The Armand Nicolet above mentioned is kuch bigger. ...

2mm x 1mm? Much bigger? What a World!

Quote Originally Posted by Time Cat View Post
    It’s 39mm by 11.5mm. Not too bad for the current times? -/-10mm is a big step forward money wise.

The Armand Nicolet above mentioned is kuch bigger.

This watch does seems reasonable value for money?
    I didn't make any reference to the diameter or the actual measurements, I said it LOOKS too thick and slab sided. And it does.

As a value prospect, yeah, it's not bad, but while the Tissot PRX exists it's too much. I'm sure it's subjectivity "better" than the PRX but it just isn't anywhere near as cohesive a design.
    Last edited by Papa Hotel; 25th May 2023 at 11:10.

If it helps, I don't like the dial, hands, case, bracelet or crown. The rest of it is ok.
    "A man of little significance"

My word for it would be 'lumpy'. It looks lumpy.
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

There’s something a bit Cartier Santos about the case - doesn’t do much for me tbh. I bought a PRX which I rarely wear, so I’m not as much of a fan of the Genta look as I thought I would be. They wear a little feminine/jewellery imho, just not my cup of tea

£745.00 from Chronomaster, definitely not for me tho.
    The hour large 12/6 remind me of the Longines hydroconquest layout, it's bitsa watch from my perspective.

Sent from a technical device.

Master
    Hard pass from me. The giant 12 and 6 look horrid, the skeletonised minute hand 'inspired' by the SMP300, date window at 4 are all red flags. Plus paying a 'Genta tax' for a watch with a Sellita movement.

Quote Originally Posted by J J Carter View Post
    the skeletonised minute hand 'inspired' by the SMP300,
    I'm not sure I see that myself, the similarity is minimal with the main visual part of the hand being totally different in shape and size. Steinhart have been using that hand for years in the Triton and Ocean 2, both original watches without any accusations of ripping off the SMP.

I'm not sure I see that myself, the similarity is minimal with the main visual part of the hand being totally different in shape and size. Steinhart have been using that hand for years in the Triton and Ocean 2, both original watches without any accusations of ripping off the SMP.
    Wasn’t the Ocean Two based on an IWC, can’t remember the model, but someone on here has one which pops up on the Friday thread now and again. Basically the first 15/20 secs of the bezel insert coloured along with matching hands.

I did collect the different colours at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Wasn’t the Ocean Two based on an IWC, can’t remember the model, but someone on here has one which pops up on the Friday thread now and again. Basically the first 15/20 secs of the bezel insert coloured along with matching hands.

I did collect the different colours at one point.
    The mk1 O2, yeah, but IIRC the hands were completely different from the current O2.

I know you did Ken, you sold one to me!

I'll second that.

BUBI
    @porque.racing