closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Baby Dreadnought - Built like a Battleship

Baby Dreadnought - Built like a Battleship

I recently purchased a Baby Dreadnought from a WTB. Watch was in superb condition and exactly as described. The value for money is outstanding, it’s a brilliant ‘little’ watch.

The timekeeping was fine but I’m a fussy so and so and wanted it to be better. After a PM to Paul Walker the watch was sent off for regulation. Paul worked his magic and the timekeeping has been improved to within COSC. It’s gained a total of 4 seconds in the last 50+ hours. Thanks Paul!

I did however have a little mishap with it yesterday and managed to drop it from waist height onto tarmac. Heart sank as I picked it up from the ground. Was the crystal cracked? Had the second hand stopped? Was the case gouged? Surprisingly the answer to all of these is no! Apart from a few little battle scars the watch remains working perfectly and still keeping the same great time. I forgot to check the tarmac for damage but I suspect it didn’t hold up as well My 11 year old son (who’s actually started his own little collection) now says the Dreadnought is ‘built like a naval warship’. He’s not wrong

It’s a tool watch through and through and a few little scars suit it quite nicely.

I actually think it’s one of Eddie’s best watches. Looks great, size is spot on and built like a tank.

Yep, I just got the polar one myself. Great size, great construction. I love it. I have been swapping between it and the honeycomb Everest.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    The Miyota movement is a good design but they do benefit from a bit if careful adjustment and regulation. I’ve taken plenty apart over the past few years and, like the ETA movements, I can almost assemble one on auto-pilot! One design flaw is the lack of fine adjustment for the regulator, that makes them difficult to regulate accurately, another is the self- winding which only works in one direction of rotation of the rotor, they do self- wind efficiently in the wrist but not so well on the cyclotester. However, the reverser design is fairly simple and robust which bodes well for longevity.

I think the Baby Dreadnought design works best on the bracelet, in my opinion its a bit like a hockey puck when mounted on a strap.

One fact that’s beyond dispute; the Timefactors watches offer incredible value for money when compared to the big brands who put an extra nought on their prices!

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I think the Baby Dreadnought design works best on the bracelet, in my opinion its a bit like a hockey puck when mounted on a strap.
    Absolutely. I initially put mine on a chunky Zulu, as I'm not fond of bracelets. It is back on the bracelet now...

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Absolutely. I initially put mine on a chunky Zulu, as I'm not fond of bracelets. It is back on the bracelet now...
    I also agree. It’s meant to be on the bracelet. Also happy to report it’s still sitting at a total of +4seconds since Sunday afternoon. I can’t complain about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    This was where I went wrong, it was only after I sold mine that I realised that it's one of the few watches that wears better on the bracelet,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.