closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Online Reg Plate Manufacturer

Online Reg Plate Manufacturer

Could anyone recommend a DVLA approved online supplier of numberplates.

If possible, I would prefer the plate to be as plain as possible, ie I really DO NOT want plates which have the suppliers crappy logo, website, tel number etc etc on them.

(Long and square format plates are needed)

TIA
    Last edited by Maysie; 23rd May 2023 at 08:57. Reason: 'DO NOT' added!

The only one that I have used recently is JDM plates, easy to do with no problems.

Ditto JDM plates.

Legal and no fancy logos - though I believe you can have them on request

Someone I know is in the process of dealing with the aftermath of a notice of intended prosecution for a speeding offence perpetrated by a lowlife who cloned her registration number.

It hadn’t occurred to me before, but as ugly as those crappy makers’ logos etc are, they might help as evidence compared to a completely plain plate.

Apparently this type of fraud is on the increase.

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    Someone I know is in the process of dealing with the aftermath of a notice of intended prosecution for a speeding offence perpetrated by a lowlife who cloned her registration number.

It hadn’t occurred to me before, but as ugly as those crappy makers’ logos etc are, they might help as evidence compared to a completely plain plate.

Many a thread on here about the ability to clone plates…doesn't happen apparently according to one guy but we all know that it does.

I think that's a very good idea, photograph your front and rear plates with a distinctive logo or somesuch and it might help one's case.

I used this company on ebay just last week - excellent quality and the plates were with me within two days:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/374627492...oAAOSwYhlkN7jv
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    Could anyone recommend a DVLA approved online supplier of numberplates.

If possible, I would prefer the plate to be as plain as possible, ie I really want plates which have the suppliers crappy logo, website, tel number etc etc on them.

(Long and square format plates are needed)

TIA
    I'm guessing that you are being ironic, or intended to type 'don't really want' ?

Either way, it's a requirement under the British Standard definition for number plate manufacturers to include their company name and postcode bottom centre of each plate.

That's it - nothing else is required, or approved under the BS statement.

You can include an approved country code at the LH edge of the plate, for the purist this upsets the symmetry of the plate !

Had a decent experience with www.platesforcars.co.uk couple of years back for new personalised plates for my V60 as I didn’t want dealer branding on there,

Quote Originally Posted by MattMM View Post
    Had a decent experience with www.platesforcars.co.uk couple of years back for new personalised plates for my V60 as I didn’t want dealer branding on there,
    Don't know how companies get away with it…on their advert clearly says no documents required. The number plate game is a total mess.

Do you require documentation to process and complete my order?
    We do not require any documentation in order to process and complete your order. You must though own the registration number / vehicle for which you are having number plates made, be the registered keeper of the registration / vehicle, or have the owner / registered keeper's permission to have number plates made up. This only relates to road legal number plates and does not relate to show plates and off road number plates and signs.
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 23rd May 2023 at 06:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Don't know how companies get away with it…on their advert clearly says no documents required. The number plate game is a total mess.

Do you require documentation to process and complete my order?
    We do not require any documentation in order to process and complete your order. You must though own the registration number / vehicle for which you are having number plates made, be the registered keeper of the registration / vehicle, or have the owner / registered keeper's permission to have number plates made up. This only relates to road legal number plates and does not relate to show plates and off road number plates and signs.
    Along with
    What are the Legal Details?
    The legal details are a legal requirement for all number plates in the UK, and display the makers name, postcode and the British Standard. For this reason the legal details are a default option, but you can deselect the Legal Details and nothing will be printed to your number plates if so required. The legal details are printed in small text at the bottom right hand corner in a light grey.
    And
    If i enter multiple spaces, or no spaces in my registration will they be made like that?
    Yes we can confirm your plates will be made with the specification you enter and design online. The designer will prompt if no spacing is added, giving you the option to amend if required.
    R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Along with

And

R
    The only thing I noticed was that they were in ROI so I'm guessing they can do what they want? Don’t know if they have the same rules regarding plates and manufacturing of over there. You would have thought though that a company that goes through the trouble of writing requirements on an FAQ would at least try to adhere to the info they're giving.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    The only thing I noticed was that they were in ROI so I'm guessing they can do what they want? Don’t know if they have the same rules regarding plates and manufacturing of over there. You would have thought though that a company that goes through the trouble of writing requirements on an FAQ would at least try to adhere to the info they're giving.
    I suspect it's something along the lines of a legal plate must have manufacturers marks, BS marks etc and there must be evidence of ownership to produce this to cover the plate manufacturer.

If someone is making and selling bits of yellow/white plastic with numbers and letter on that's not intended as a legal plate, then they and the purchaser are free to put whatever they like on there.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by W124 View Post
    Either way, it's a requirement under the British Standard definition for number plate manufacturers to include their company name and postcode bottom centre of each plate.

Not needed for motorbikes from what I read...

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/mot-insp...%20motorcycles

You do not need to check:

- the supplier’s name
    - postcode
    - BS number
    - logos or emblems if they are outside the minimum margin around the registration number

ETA: This might simply be because there's an assumption you can't buy plates without these markings ?
    Last edited by I a n; 23rd May 2023 at 08:59. Reason: See ETA

Quote Originally Posted by I a n View Post
    Not needed for motorbikes from what I read...

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/mot-insp...%20motorcycles

You do not need to check:

- the supplier’s name
    - postcode
    - BS number
    - logos or emblems if they are outside the minimum margin around the registration number
    It's the same for cars - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/mot-insp...of-the-vehicle

Not required for the MOT, but the MOT must check that the plates adhere to all the regular rules around spacing, colour, size, fonts, backgrounds, screw placements... any of these being wrong should be an immediate fail

Quote Originally Posted by W124 View Post
    I'm guessing that you are being ironic, or intended to type 'don't really want' ?

You can include an approved country code at the LH edge of the plate, for the purist this upsets the symmetry of the plate !
    Oops. Well spotted!

Some simple small text is absolutely fine, its all the other bling that you so often see that I don't really want.

Thank you all.
    I will order through JDM plates as recommended.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Not required for the MOT, but the MOT must check that the plates adhere to all the regular rules around spacing, colour, size, fonts, backgrounds, screw placements... any of these being wrong should be an immediate fail
    Either people must switch plates for the MOT test or MOT testers aren’t doing their job properly. There are numerous non-compliant registration plates that I’ve seen for year after year. Was reminded today seeing (as I do regularly) one which I’m guessing is format LLLNNL (L=Letter, N=Number) spaced as LLLN NL, presumably so that the first four characters look like numbers and the last two characters appear as initials.

Master
    Blog Entries

Wait until ULEZ expands again. it'll be clones galore, far cheaper than selling your car.