closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: NATO Saves the day

Craftsman

NATO Saves the day

At the Newcastle v Brighton game last night. Jumping around celebrating the Callum Wilson goal, notice flapping on my wrist, spring bar popped. Without the NATO could have been messy.

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

Master
    Nice to see and yet a bit troubling as well - was it the original spring bar?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Nice to see and yet a bit troubling as well - was it the original spring bar?
    Not sure but I would doubt it, watch is over 20 years old. I'll be making sure I use correct type and size moving forward.

It’s easy for a nato to grip the flange of a standard spring bar and pop it out - I only use them with a watch with drilled lugs and the non-flanged type. Not saying that’s what happened here but I don’t use NATOs really any more

Lucky save. I’ve also read somewhere that NATO’s can unhook the wrong type of spring bar. Something to do with the way it potentially twists. As RobDad says, shoulderless are the way forward. Though without drilled lugs it’s a bit of a pain to remove them I’d wager.

Grand Master
    Any strap that’s too narrow, or has shrunk, can cause this problem, especially if the springbars are a tight fit.

When using nylon or silicon rubber straps, I would recommend shoulderless springbars with or without drilled lugs. Twisting these straps can too often release flanged springbars. If the lugs are not drilled, the shoulderless bars can easily be cut with snips if required.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks View Post
    When using nylon or silicon rubber straps, I would recommend shoulderless springbars with or without drilled lugs. Twisting these straps can too often release flanged springbars. If the lugs are not drilled, the shoulderless bars can easily be cut with snips if required.
    It was a rubber NATO, shoulderless will be used in future. Cheers