closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko MM200 Rubber Strap advice

Master

Seiko MM200 Rubber Strap advice

Hey all, I'm thinking about purchasing a rubber OEM Strap for my Seiko SBDC061, I think the correct Strap reference is R028011J0, I was wondering if there are any owners out there that could comment on the Straps comfort??

I've never owned a Seiko Prospex model with an OEM Strap fitted, only a blumo with a crafter blue fitted, but I've had some of those horrible Z22 Straps that come on the SKX range and I simply don't get on with them, are the Prospex Straps any better before I go to the effort of ordering one??

Thanks
    Matt

Sent from my CPH2211 using Tapatalk

Modern seiko rubber straps are some of the best out there, the older stiff rubber was awful and unwearable, the modern straps are fantastic in my opinion.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Modern seiko rubber straps are some of the best out there, the older stiff rubber was awful and unwearable, the modern straps are fantastic in my opinion.
    Thanks Sinnlover, I think I will treat the Watch to one then, although I have the Bracelet the Watch has lived on a NATO since I've had it, and I fancy a change for summer.

I’m the opposite, I think the newer seiko straps are dust/lint magnets and never use them. I bought two of the older stuff straps from the first two gems of MM300 and love them. Awful out of the box but some hot water and patience curves it fine.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I’m the opposite, I think the newer seiko straps are dust/lint magnets and never use them. I bought two of the older stuff straps from the first two gems of MM300 and love them. Awful out of the box but some hot water and patience curves it fine.

Interesting thanks, it wasn't so much the stiffness of the Z22 I had a problem with, it was the Wavey bit near the spring bar end of the strap that rubbed against my wrist, but that could have been my fault not giving it enough time to break in, or wearing too tight or loose??