closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Buy anything today during the shop opening?

Craftsman

Buy anything today during the shop opening?

Seems strangely quiet here today following the earlier shop opening. Anyone pick up something nice?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by YCymro View Post
    Seems strangely quiet here today following the earlier shop opening. Anyone pick up something nice?
    I tried to buy the steel bracelet for my 36mm 2020-Everest, since my clasp is worn out.
    Couldn’t order it at TF.
    They don’t ship straps and accessories anymore internationally.
    Too bad, I don’t see any alternative for the original bracelet.

I caved and got the polar PRS-52 baby dreadnought. Summer watch, I'd say :) Liked the black one too but ultimately preferred the contrasting second hand on the polar.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Mine shipped out today, so most likely on my wrist later this week. Looking forward to it!

Apprentice
    PRS56 awaiting notification it's been shipped. Can't wait to see this in the flesh!

Actually just got my PRS-52 Polar Baby Dreadnought today. Just sized it during a work call and it's on my wrist. It wears very nicely and is super legible, big fan. Have a couple of fkm bands coming for it, but the bracelet is pretty great.

Really liking how this one fits! Been wearing it since I got it.

If anyone does online banking with Royal Bank of Scotland, they have just introduced 'Click to Pay', which negates the polava of authorising the payment through having to get codes etc. therefore fast payment, which may avoid missing the time limit before you find you've lost the purchase.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    If anyone does online banking with Royal Bank of Scotland, they have just introduced 'Click to Pay', which negates the polava of authorising the payment through having to get codes etc. therefore fast payment, which may avoid missing the time limit before you find you've lost the purchase.
    Thanks for this. Perhaps RBS can offer an incentive as a ‘group buy’ for TZ forumers to get a beneficial rate on a new account!

Craftsman
    Been taking quite a bit of time off from watch buying but very pleased to have got myself a Commander today. Now for the wait...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by entity999 View Post
    Been taking quite a bit of time off from watch buying but very pleased to have got myself a Commander today. Now for the wait...
    How quickly did you get in? I tried at 14.08 and everything had apparently sold out.

I got a Commander too today, in and out in 1min50 I think, even with txt ID checking.

Apprentice
    Yes, refresh, refresh, refresh starting at 13:59, got the Commando PRS-47 complete at 14:02. Ordernr 9111.
    First successful buy this year.
    Tried the Everest’s earlier this year, but I was to slow.

Craftsman
    Refreshed screen and got on PDQ, order confirmed email at 14.01!
    Due to too much use I seem to have memorised my credit card details which probably helps!

Apprentice

I can only wish for now.

Unfortunately no. Do you think there might be another run for the Commander in the future? With my 7.5 inch wrist, and that 38mm case along with it's 20mm strap width fits the bill for me. Hope to see at least one more run. Eddie you have turned me into a monster with your watch choices. That's Ok, I'll forgive you.

It is very likely there will be more PRS60's for sale.
    If the minimum batch size at manufacture is 300, and maximum sales have been around 200 at each store opening.
    There will be more stock waiting to go out very soon.

To be quick enough, I need to copy & paste credit card details into the checkout page to tick all the boxes and close everything off around 2-minutes.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeny View Post
    It is very likely there will be more PRS60's for sale.
    If the minimum batch size at manufacture is 300, and maximum sales have been around 200 at each store opening.
    There will be more stock waiting to go out very soon.

To be quick enough, I need to copy & paste credit card details into the checkout page to tick all the boxes and close everything off around 2-minutes.
    Yes I must be more efficient and stealth like for future purchases. In my opinion the PRS60 should be a model for many upper scale dive watch manufacturers out there. Dive watches were originally on the small / petite side back in the late 50's early 60's. Somehow they have now due to brainwashing have become something that one might wear around his neck. Nothing against any entertainers just the truth. Dive watches are so big now that when I wear mine I actually try to decide do I really want all that weight on my wrist all day. Crazy isn't it?

Apprentice
    Managed to get a Commander. Sat doing the refresh and dead on 1400hrs clicked on Buy. Used my phone as all my card details are pre-entered. Was literally next next next, text message received and job done.

I do also fancy a speedbird GMT so that’s next on the list when it becomes available.

Apprentice
    Good luck to everyone this afternoon. I hope you get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBoes View Post
    Good luck to everyone this afternoon. I hope you get what you want.
    I wasn’t planning to buy anything (skint) and didn’t even realise the shop was open today but just happened to click on TF at about 14:05 and saw the Commando available.
    Honestly don’t know how it happened but 2 minutes later I’d accidentally bought one!

Not a hope. I have no idea how to do online paying for anything. I don't have a credit card and can't see me getting one because having gone into my bank they cannot order one for me, I have to apply on 'the banking app'. So that's the end of that.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    I wasn’t planning to buy anything (skint) and didn’t even realise the shop was open today but just happened to click on TF at about 14:05 and saw the Commando available.
    Honestly don’t know how it happened but 2 minutes later I’d accidentally bought one!
    Oops, nice accident, enjoy it.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairos View Post
    Not a hope. I have no idea how to do online paying for anything. I don't have a credit card and can't see me getting one because having gone into my bank they cannot order one for me, I have to apply on 'the banking app'. So that's the end of that.
    Okay, not having a banking app makes modern shopping difficult. No smartphone either?

Craftsman
    Anyone lucky today and have something nice coming in time for Christmas?

Blog Entries

Buy anything today during the shop opening?

I bought a nice bowl of sold out at 2.01pm. Just simply was not quick enough and I use a smartphone. But my newborn was crying and bouncing in and out of apps to verify just failed me . I can only empathise with someone using a pc or other means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bond; 26th November 2023 at 15:44.

Apprentice
    Yes, it has been a while, but I was finally succesfull today.
    Ik bought the PRS-25 Honeycomb. I am a happy Dutchman.
    Ordernr 11075.
    Took me about 25 secs.

Well done. First time I was logged in and having a browse. I think the shop closed at 2.03pm.

I’m interested in a Precista G10 but not in stock.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    Well done. First time I was logged in and having a browse. I think the shop closed at 2.03pm.

I’m interested in a Precista G10 but not in stock.
    I understand that a new batch of PRS-10’s will take a while.
    Better check the used market.

Yep, finally snagged a HoneyComb, actually refreshed before 14:00 and it was for sale so quickly added to my basket and paid for, been waiting almost a year to get one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Yep, finally snagged a HoneyComb, actually refreshed before 14:00 and it was for sale so quickly added to my basket and paid for, been waiting almost a year to get one of these.
    You'll love it! It's a great one, I have one from the first batch.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBoes View Post
    Yes, it has been a while, but I was finally succesfull today.
    Ik bought the PRS-25 Honeycomb. I am a happy Dutchman.
    Ordernr 11075.
    Took me about 25 secs.
    Great, yesterday's order is on the way to Arnhem.

Mines just turned up, loving the dial on this, 10 months I waited but it was worth it.

Apprentice
    Just received my Honeycomb.
    Ordered last sunday, including duties payed, two days to Arnhem NLD.
    Looks great, feels great.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post

Mines just turned up, loving the dial on this, 10 months I waited but it was worth it.

That looks lovely - congratulations!

Craftsman
    The Honeycomb does look good however, I still prefer it on the Oyster style bracelet but each to their own as they say...

Craftsman
    This week I see a couple of Everests for sale on SC around the £220 mark which is cheaper than I’ve seen before. I wonder if this means that the bubble is bursting on these and that they’ll be easier to buy from the website in future.