closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bremont release tonight

Master
    Blog Entries

Bremont release tonight

Anyone going to this tonight? The case readers look interesting, hoping it’s the in house Martin baker.

Blog Entries
    I have it in my diary.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Grand Master
    Im there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIAC

Master
    Just got the email. I'll have whatever they're smoking.
    Last edited by ctafield; 10th May 2023 at 19:20.

Master
    It is very different, that is for sure !

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    It is almost a bit like a squashed bell ross BR 01

Master
    Blog Entries
    I like it but at 43.5mm and square it’s going to look huge.

When you order a Steinhart Aviation from Wish.

Master
    Blog Entries

Bremont release tonight

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Im there

Still in Bristol. Gutted, their events are normally quite fun. The MB price points isn’t too bad, if they get that into the normal or similar case that would be a winner.

Have a great evening
    Last edited by Middo; 10th May 2023 at 20:53.

Ooh, no thanks!

Master
    I like the Vulcan, but not the Viper (the square MB)

When Linde Werdelin, Bell & Ross and two barbers poles collide!

Each to their own but not for me.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by ctafield View Post
    I like the Vulcan, but not the Viper (the square MB)
    I agree, but nice to see Bremont being a bit bolder with their designs.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Each to their own of course, but that just looks disgustingly cheap to my eyes. Lost the love for Bremont now. Still appreciate my Alt1P, and it's a keeper for me, but the current lineup & the direction they are taking holds nothing for me I'm afraid.

Master
    Bremont and Ross

I was very confused until I read the description. Not a thing of beauty, but quite interesting from a nerdy perspective. It's definitely the one for completists...

If ever a thread was useless without pics...

Actually, maybe it would have been for the best to leave it alone.

Not so much a comment on the watch but rather the sales technique. Seems to be the new trend to use the kickstarter approach (and its not just Bremont) You give us your money, we will then build it and some time in the future you get your watch.

Sorry, but those Viper hands look awful.
    Totally flat, and painted.
    No polish, no contrast, no folds, no lume, nothing.
    Just painted stripes?
    Looks dreadfully cheap, on a watch that otherwise looks anything but cheap.

Bremont continue to demonstrate they have no design language of their own and are caught in their own tailspin from jumping from gimmick to gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    If ever a thread was useless without pics...

Actually, maybe it would have been for the best to leave it alone.
    Good point. I hate it but I do like the Vulcan.

Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    Bremont continue to demonstrate they have no design language of their own and are caught in their own tailspin from jumping from gimmick to gimmick.

Although I like a lot of what they do (orange thing: no; chrono: yes), I have to wholeheartedly agree with this - even CW are fumbling towards some elements of design consistency, but Bremont continue to spaff out disturbingly random and incoherent designs. At their price point that needs to stop.

I’m actually shocked how horrible that is! Looks like a ‘fun’ watch made by someone like Tissot in the 80’s or a Pop Swatch. The ugliest watch I’ve seen in quite some time.

I agree. The Vulcan could be a good looking watch but the patterns on the sub dials completely spoil the design. It’s over kill (pun intended) and there is no need. If you want to tie the watch in to one of the V force, fine but engrave the case back or similar. (Bung a bit of Black Buck 1 in there if you have too)

The Viper… Is it a prototype that will be designed when the technology is mature? Do the worn PVD screws come as standard, are they and optional extra or are taken from an F16 that flew missions over the gulf?
    I am sure there will be a story behind it, such as being ejection resistant but if I need to punch out of an aircraft knowing the time is the least of my worries. If San Martin or Steeldive produced this it would be ridiculed.

I would love to see Bremont do well and would happily own several of their watches (Supermarines) but the majority do them no favours. There is always a design element that take it over the edge, I.e. how many fonts do they use on one watch? It’s as if they go ooooo that looks nice and then the boss goes no more, more, more, put more infantile crap on it.

Rant over but Bremont please produce a refined, subtle watch, the quality is there, the base designs are there, just learn less is more sometimes.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 10th May 2023 at 21:26.

Grand Master

RIAC

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.

Horrible thing.

Journeyman
    I don't know, the vulcan looks like a bremont and is fairly identifiable imo.

The Viper however... if you took the logo away you may mistake it for an aliexpress special.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

I do think the "Bremont have no design language of their own" comment is total baloney.
    They have produced a lot of models with the trip-tick case design, which is pretty unique to them and very much their own language.
    In fact, their first watches to depart from it are the relatively recent armed forces collection, everything else had (and many still have) this essentially Bremont feature. And even the armed forces ones (which the Vulcan is derived from) has the same swooping lug chamfer of the trip-tick case models. However, the Viper is a total departure.

I think the brothers must have had a flashback from an old Hacienda visit where you could fly without an aeroplane.

Grand Master
    Great evening. Watch feels great in hand and on wrist and story is good as always.

Perhaps not one I would buy personally but new and interesting watches always a
    Good thing for someone.

Looking forward to tomorrows hangover already

RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I’m actually shocked how horrible that is! Looks like a ‘fun’ watch made by someone like Tissot in the 80’s or a Pop Swatch. The ugliest watch I’ve seen in quite some time.
    This

Disappointed

D

Each to their own of course. I know a couple of people who love a Bremont model, but its never for the design or good watchmaking - its for the tie in, like Bletchley Park or Aviation. In my opinion, they just don't make an objectively good watch at their price point that someone else hasn't already been doing for decades, with a better finish, for a better price. That case for example - why? All I see are more threads which make it thicker, with more ingress points. If literally no one else is doing it, there's probably a good reason. They have a very hockey puck-like design, its not my cup of tea.

As far as I can see their business model hinges mostly on storytelling and being British.

Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    Good point. I hate it but I do like the Vulcan.

Ah, the hands that look like they are for shaping condoms...

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    I wonder if there has been a design change. This graphic suggests a 'forged carbon' case but according to the release details the case is titanium?

I really like the Vulcan and would happily own one. The Viper on the other hand, er, no.

Grand Master
    Quite a lot of both sold last night so its flicking someones switches before the general public get to have a go today.

My comments last night to the boys and team were if it rolls out with a black or grey or coloured dial with options of bezels in darker or cool colours it will be getting my money. Ive said before on others that white dials on orange look like gingers on the first morning of a hot holiday but in black or other contrasts id wear it all Day long.

Edit: This watch is really really growing on me!!!

Last edited by 100thmonkey; 14th May 2023 at 13:15.
    RIAC

Each to their own of course. I know a couple of people who love a Bremont model, but its never for the design or good watchmaking - its for the tie in, like Bletchley Park or Aviation. In my opinion, they just don't make an objectively good watch at their price point that someone else hasn't already been doing for decades, with a better finish, for a better price. That case for example - why? All I see are more threads which make it thicker, with more ingress points. If literally no one else is doing it, there's probably a good reason. They have a very hockey puck-like design, its not my cup of tea.

As far as I can see their business model hinges mostly on storytelling and being British.
    Sounds like a win for marketing, the not so subtle use of nostalgia, a sort´ve Waltyness and cheesy promotional tie ins.
    Last edited by Passenger; 11th May 2023 at 07:17.

Bremont - IMHO consistently wide of the target, Emperors New Clothes always springs to mind.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Non off these are aimed at the mass market. I think the MB will sell out 250 units isn’t that many to shift.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I do think the "Bremont have no design language of their own" comment is total baloney.
    They have produced a lot of models with the trip-tick case design, which is pretty unique to them and very much their own language.
    In fact, their first watches to depart from it are the relatively recent armed forces collection, everything else had (and many still have) this essentially Bremont feature. And even the armed forces ones (which the Vulcan is derived from) has the same swooping lug chamfer of the trip-tick case models. However, the Viper is a total departure.
    This
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman

Bremont release tonight

So yet another bremont limited edition
    Is bremont the dfs of the watch world ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by scooby; 11th May 2023 at 17:35.

I really like the Viper, reading a Hodinkee review of the movement and view it as a fun watch. I'm considering enquiring about it, but weighing up how much wrist time it would get compared to others (along with my Milgauss, which I consider another fun watch), when I've been trying to reduce my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Agree completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    So yet another bremount limited edition
    Is bremount the dfs of the watch world ?

Is that some watch company we are not aware of?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Agree completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that some watch company we are not aware of?
    Fyi
    Dfs are a furniture company that has sale after sale
    The same as bremont having limited edition after limited edition

^ Scooby, ignore him, smart alec and humour failure.

As to the OP, as soon as Bremont can master a non-slab case, I'll be interested.

So yet another bremont limited edition
    Is bremont the dfs of the watch world ?

Since I typed this reply, I had an hour+ chat with a friend of mine, who I met when I bought my first Daytona and number of subsequent watches - Bremont, Rolex, Breitling, etc, etc. I read this thread and have taken on board the comments and perceptions within the parameters of the authors' comments. Whilst I feel naive when reading this forum, regarding my horologic knowledge, relative to perspective opinions espoused, I am amused, and feel assured in the deal I have in place to confirm purchase of a Viper.

Edit: Sorry, I meant to quote my own post above, not Scoobys', whose diatribe I was distracted by.
    Last edited by Nicholas; 11th May 2023 at 23:38.

Dfs are a furniture company that has sale after sale
    The same as bremont having limited edition after limited edition
    What a bizarre analogy!

Most high street furniture companies have sale after sale. ?

Bremont do seem to have quite a few limited editions but (and it's a big but) there are plenty of watch manufacturers who have just as many and Seiko/Grand Seikos limited edition releases seem to pale everyone else's into comparison yet you seem to have highlighted Bremont for some reason?

I actually don't see any harm in limited edition releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
    and feel assured in the deal I have in place to confirm purchase of a Viper.
    I'd like to think that the purchase of a watch is entirely based around the idea that you like it and not what a percentage of an anonymous forum think about it. The Viper isn't for me but it's not my money and I won't be wearing it. Enjoy your purchase!

Master
    Blog Entries
    That Vulcan is a travesty of a design compared to the aircraft.

Why don’t they just try and make a nice watch without some tenuous connection all the time.

Grand Master

Bremont release tonight

But in a few years when the original Viper is changing hands for £12k itll be the best thing sliced bread.

https://www.bremont.com/products/mb-viper
    Last edited by 100thmonkey; 12th May 2023 at 07:57.
    RIAC

Master
    Blog Entries

Bremont release tonight

Agreed- I don’t want to come across as an English Bro’s groupie. However the Ltd editions are proper low volume at least. 250 units is really limited compared to other brands such as omega, Seiko, panerai etc.

If the brand comes good and you have to admit they have come a long way in short space of time. A 250 unit run of a quirky cased watch that was a movement testing mule for future iterations of the state MB range may be quite collectible.