closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedmaster Moonwatch - getting a better bracelet fit?

Master

Speedmaster Moonwatch - getting a better bracelet fit?

I picked up a lovely 2015 Moonwatch Hesalite recently but i'm struggling to get a good fit. If I add a link its too big and if I go down to the second and final micro adjust hole on the clasp it's too small. A half link would be ideal but from my limited searching it seems Omega never made a half link for this bracelet? Clasp code is 1958/957.

Many thanks!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I had issues with the fit on mine and had great success by flipping the bracelet completely so the clasp folded the other way around. Worth a try?

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    I had issues with the fit on mine and had great success by flipping the bracelet completely so the clasp folded the other way around. Worth a try?
    That wouldn't change the size though (which seems to be issue) - only comfort of the clasp?

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    That wouldn't change the size though (which seems to be issue) - only comfort of the clasp?
    You'd be surprised - the clasp contact area with the wrist has to account for size but also shape (oo err). Moving the clasp up and down by shifting links has worked wonders for me before, but by that same logic flipping it would add more variations.

Master
    Is this the push pin version of the bracelet? If so there is a half link as I have two. It's the same one as for the 2254 Seamaster bracelet

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Both from my experience trying it

The Forstner 1450 bracelet is back in stock, if that’s of interest. Not the cheapest aftermarket option but is has an adjustable clasp and it is the best ever bracelet style for the Speedy IMO. I’m about to fit mine, which has just landed.

Get a seamaster clasp. It’s micro adjustable on the fly without tools. I did the same upgrade when I had the same watch.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Get a seamaster clasp. It’s micro adjustable on the fly without tools. I did the same upgrade when I had the same watch.
    What else does it require to fit the bracelet?

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    What else does it require to fit the bracelet?
    Copy paste from WUS

So I've gotten fed up enough with my Speedy Pro's original bracelet fit and have decided to replace the clasp. I did some research and found that the 117STZ001154 (six-microadjust) clasp and 2x 118ST1589 links are the pieces I need. The clasp in a video dated mid-2018 cost the producer $110, with the links at $50 a pop. I called a jeweler and emailed my local Omega boutique and have been quoted $240 for the clasp from both places. Links still $50. Has anyone gotten the 1154 clasp recently at a better price than $240-- over double the price from 2018?
    See less

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    Is this the push pin version of the bracelet? If so there is a half link as I have two. It's the same one as for the 2254 Seamaster bracelet
    Its the screwed version of the bracelet. Could one fit a pinned link I wonder?

Journeyman
    https://unclestraps.com/collections/...-2-link-tester

If this is the bracelet with screws for the Speedmaster 1861, Uncle Seiko is selling a half link.
    Last edited by Mamaw; 8th May 2023 at 20:05.

Craftsman
    I had the same problem and I bought 2 links and the seamaster claps with micro adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Copy paste from WUS
    Thanks. For that money I think I'd rather keep the original bracelet mint and stick the Forstner 1450 (a far nicer design, IMO) on it instead.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamaw View Post
    https://unclestraps.com/collections/...-2-link-tester

If this is the bracelet with screws for the Speedmaster 1861, Uncle Seiko is selling a half link.
    Thanks, just ordered this. Seems like the most cost effective solution!

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    The Forstner 1450 bracelet is back in stock, if that’s of interest. Not the cheapest aftermarket option but is has an adjustable clasp and it is the best ever bracelet style for the Speedy IMO. I’m about to fit mine, which has just landed.
    I have one of these with the original pressed clasp and stretchy links - it’s a lovely thing. Do they still have the stretch feature, Tony?

Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post
    I have one of these with the original pressed clasp and stretchy links - it’s a lovely thing. Do they still have the stretch feature, Tony?
    I also have the 1450 with the stretch bracelet, it’s a lovely thing and I fancied adding a 1479 but l couldn’t see it listed but noticed they all seem to come fitted with the milled clasp now.
    This from Forstner
    Now fitted with Forstner's push-button milled clasp. NOTE: by popular request, Forstner has replaced its stretchy links with solid links.

UnlimitedStraps have the Uncle Seiko 1479 with the choice of clasp for £110.
    Last edited by bigvic; 23rd May 2023 at 21:56.

Dangerous thread, as I appear to have ordered a Forstener 1450, in attempt to get my 2017 Speedy onto an acceptable bracelet. It’s languished on a Rallye strap, as has never sat right with the stock bracelet.

D

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    I also have the 1450 with the stretch bracelet, it’s a lovely thing and I fancied adding a 1479 but l couldn’t see it listed but noticed they all seem to come fitted with the milled clasp now.
    This from Forstner
    Now fitted with Forstner's push-button milled clasp. NOTE: by popular request, Forstner has replaced its stretchy links with solid links.

UnlimitedStraps have the Uncle rSeiko 1479 with the choice of clasp for £110.
    Iirc from Omega Forums there were QC issues with the sprung links, although I think they still do a stretchy Oyster. Personally I like a Joseph Bonnie Bonklip

Speedmaster Moonwatch - getting a better bracelet fit?

Behold. Arrived today and very easy to resize. First impressions are that I very much prefer it to the stock 1861 bracelet. It doesn’t have the heft, of that bracelet, and it has a vintage feel, but it is comfortable and the watch head sits right for a change. Money well spent

Dave

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    Yep, I have this link for my bracelet, and it makes all the difference.