closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Previously owned watch returns..

Master

Previously owned watch returns..

Whilst perusing the web I happened across a model of watch I used to own and sold on this forum about 11yrs or so ago; upon closer inspection of the photos it was my actual watch! (Hope to do a deal tomorrow to get it back).
    Just wondering how many of us had gone and got one of their missed pieces back?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Bought my planet ocean back, really missed it when I didn’t have it but strangely haven’t worn it much since… won’t be letting it go again though!

Whilst browsing Ebay last week, happened upon a watch I had sold on the forum back in 2015. It’s not arrived yet, but on reflection probably won’t get much wear. Thankfully a relative cheapy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Saw my old Bell & Ross BR02 with orange dots on ebay and bought it back. Sadly it had acquired quite a few scratches since my ownership so sold it on. However, I knew I wanted a BR02 back in the collection and went and sourced a good condition one. It does get worn about once a year!

Master
    Not just me then?! Well, deal struck and this is on its way back to me over the next week or so - very excited!

Took one previously traded watch back in part trade (Vratislavia) and sold one back to a previous owner (SD16660), both on here.
    Last edited by gunner; 4th May 2023 at 12:03.

Craftsman
    I actually did this last month. I had a Breitling SuperOcean 42 that I bought with some inheritance money in 2016. I sold the watch last year to fund another purchase. Since selling the watch to a dealer I found myself checking their website from time to time to see if it had been sold. 12 months later I bought it back when I saw it was still on their website. I’m happy to have my watch back, I won’t make the same mistake again………it felt like the right thing to do given the circumstances related to my original purchase.

Master
    Agree with this, it's the associated memories that go with items like watches; I was with my Mum when I bought this one that is now winging its way back to me (she is 85 now and dementia is setting in, so it brings back happier times).
    Glad you've got yours back!

Quote Originally Posted by marcbe View Post
    I actually did this last month. I had a Breitling SuperOcean 42 that I bought with some inheritance money in 2016. I sold the watch last year to fund another purchase. Since selling the watch to a dealer I found myself checking their website from time to time to see if it had been sold. 12 months later I bought it back when I saw it was still on their website. I’m happy to have my watch back, I won’t make the same mistake again………it felt like the right thing to do given the circumstances related to my original purchase.

The only time I’ve bought back an exact watch was a Seiko SKX that I had modded. I ended up modding it further and moving it on.

Actual models of watch I’ve bought, then sold, then bought another, well that is a much bigger list.

The one I’m most guilty of is the Smiths Air Ministry. I’ve owned about 6 or 7 I reckon. I’m even debating selling my existing one. It’s a beautiful watch, I put it on for a few hours at most and then decide to change to something else. It’s strange. It’s a watch I want to own, but don’t really wear.

Think this is the only one I’ve bought back.

Originally bought from Nic Green about 10 years ago, sold it to fund another Heuer and regretted it.

Got the opportunity to purchase it back in 2021 (it had moved to the States). Won’t be going anywhere again in a hurry.

Craftsman
    I’d really like to get back my first ever ‘proper’ watch. A Breitling Colt from 1998. I sold it a long, long time ago and have searches open on C24, eBay and other places to see if I can ever track it down.

I’ve seen watches identical to it many times and asked the seller for the details only to find it wasn’t the one.

I appreciate its needle in a haystack territory, but these things always are.

So in short, I would do it… if I ever found the watch.

Master
    I used to own this one:

I sold it on SC. I missed it and never got it back, but I did get this one to replace it (eventually)

If anyone has the Breitling M1 I sold them on here about 10yrs ago drop me a line!