closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 53

Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 53

I tried on one of these on Friday, and was so impressed I'm seriously considering getting one.

I would welcome any thoughts or views from any past or present owners of this brand/model.

Many thanks

A

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have the support sea wolf liberty London edition.

I bought it on sale, mainly for the looks, but it's really cemented it's place on my collection.

Plus points are the for, finish, accuracy, size and superb bezel action.

Negatives are the lume in mine is rubbish, and the crown doesn't quite suit the watch

Overall I'd heartily recommend

They look to be a very nice watch and have a bit of history being a homage to the original, which along with the Fifty Fathoms and Submariner are the original trio of dive watches. The thing that stops me looking further is price. You can get an original for similar money. - they are still a vintage diver watch bargain.

If vintage is not your thing, I think crack on. Unfortunately I like old decrepit things

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    I have the support sea wolf liberty London edition.

I bought it on sale, mainly for the looks, but it's really cemented it's place on my collection.

Plus points are the for, finish, accuracy, size and superb bezel action.

Negatives are the lume in mine is rubbish, and the crown doesn't quite suit the watch

Overall I'd heartily recommend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    They look to be a very nice watch and have a bit of history being a homage to the original, which along with the Fifty Fathoms and Submariner are the original trio of dive watches. The thing that stops me looking further is price. You can get an original for similar money. - they are still a vintage diver watch bargain.

If vintage is not your thing, I think crack on. Unfortunately I like old decrepit things
    Thanks both. I was really impressed with the quality of the finish when I held it on Friday. I was also impressed with the expanding link on the bracelet to automatically adjust for wrist expansion. I'm popping into the AD tomorrow for another look, and if i still like it and can negotiate a discount I'll probably go for it.

Re: buying an original, I'm afraid I'm more of a "like vintage vibe; want modern reliabilty/convince" type of chap.

A

Absolute sleeper of a company

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Any excuse for a pic.

I’ve got the Liberty edition too although I (annoyingly) paid full price for it.
    I can only echo the comments that they are beautifully made.
    Mine has been a bit of a draw queen as I have far too many watches currently and this one has remained in its box.
    I’m thinking of seriously culling the collection and that would include this one. Because they ended up on sale I have no idea where to price it and I suspect ebay may realise the best price?

Craftsman
    Good to hear positive comments from owners about the finish on these. I'd not heard great things about their recent releases but I'm after a diver with some colour for summer and Zodiac do some great combos.

As a fellow Liberty edition owner, it’s the pick of that sub range for me - choice of straps and bracelet - lovely caseback engraving, and I’m a little partial to purple.

Overall a very nice watch, and a step up from something like a Squale to me.
    It's just a matter of time...

The movements are nicely made too. If you google the calibre you can see they are fitted with a swan neck regulator:

https://reference.grail-watch.com/movement/stp3-13/

(Maybe I’ll keep mine!)
    Last edited by ODP; 1st May 2023 at 11:52.

Journeyman
    Highly recommend them! They're a lot more fun than your average Swiss diver imo.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Thanks, all, for your thoughts and views. I've bought one and will pick it up next week (dark blue face with light blue bezel).

Once again many thanks for your responses.

A

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by aamaci View Post
    Thanks, all, for your thoughts and views. I've bought one and will pick it up next week (dark blue face with light blue bezel).

Once again many thanks for your responses.

A
    That's the one I had - absolute stunner! The only reason I let mine go was I was rationalising from 35 to 10 watches. Two of four had to go and that (and a Radon's Captain Cook) lost out to my Tudor Black Bay, and my Sinn U50. Enjoy that Zodiac - wonderful colours!

Last edited by Calumets; 3rd May 2023 at 20:56.

Very striking