closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Daytona help needed

Craftsman

Rolex Daytona help needed

I find myself in need of a little guidance.
    I went to have a look at a 2007 Daytona black dial that's up for sale. Described as in "as new condition" and being sold privately. The seller and watch are legitimate and the watch has the original paperwork, tag and box etc but the stainless bezel was showing slight signs of wear, with the black tinting of the bezel characters faded at their outermost edges and a couple of small but nonetheless noticeable scratches on the bracelet.

I have 3 questions: These seem to pick up signs of wear very easily. Is this something to be concerned about. Secondly, Seller says it was serviced by the Jewellers that he bought it from 2 years ago, but has no proof of this. And lastly, at circa £16k would this be an OK price in today's market?

Many thanks!

Sadly, very hard to answer this without photos.

Master
    If the watch was serviced by a Rolex accredited workshop and it looks ok, the £16K is ok.

However if there is no documentary evidence of a service then I would negotiate a reduction to pay for a genuine Rolex service. Watches such as a Daytona have to show a history of Rolex servicing or else their value sinks.

£16k is a very good price

If the letters are fading away at the edges then it sounds like it's been over polished.

Pictures would certainly help!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug86 View Post
    If the letters are fading away at the edges then it sounds like it's been over polished.

Pictures would certainly help!
    f

I think you mean badly polished. If I was the OP I’d check how much Rolex charge to fit a new bezel when the watch is serviced. These watches fetch crazy money IMO but the market is what it is, do the sums and make the right offer.

the Bezel is approx £ 300 at service which for Rolex is reasonable but they chuck the old one

Craftsman
    Many thanks all, some very helpful and useful info there. Good to know that a new bezel can be had for £300 if needed. Will have a think this morning and decide whether or not to pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Culminator View Post
    Many thanks all, some very helpful and useful info there. Good to know that a new bezel can be had for £300 if needed. Will have a think this morning and decide whether or not to pull the trigger.
    yep sensible at £ 300 but they will insist on service and won't replace bezel on it's own.