closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Potentially stupid question - pricing a limited edition 13 year old Breitling.

Potentially stupid question - pricing a limited edition 13 year old Breitling.

As per the thread title, this is a potentially stupid question to ask on here, but I'm genuinely stuck.

I need to raise some cash due to redundancy, so sadly the watch collection is going to be thinned.

So soon be on Sales Corner will be my 2020 Tudor Black Bay Bronze - slate dial, a 2022 46mm Breitling Navitimer AB0137 (cost me £6,500 new) plus the following that I'm finding impossible to price...

I've got a 2010 Breitling Superocean Chrono which was actually the first 'proper' watch I ever bought and started my addiction. It was my gateway watch, I guess. I bought in in 2010 whilst on holiday in Crete (from an genuine AD before anyone makes a snarky comment!) bizarrely I was on holiday with another forum member (MrNoble).

Mine is the panda dial version and number 513 of 1000 - launched in 2009 to celebrate Breitling's 125th anniversary. I'll be honest I have no idea if a run of 1,000 watches is particularly 'limited' or not.

Anyway....

It cost me €3,350 10 years ago, is obviously discontinued and the only other one I can find anywhere on t'interweb is the reverse (black dial white sub dials) priced at £3,650. I've seen a few others snapped up over the years for around the £3,250-£3,500 mark, but I just don't know how on earth to price it.

I appreciate I'm potentially shooting myself in the foot here, as I'm going to list it in Sales Corner, but I genuinely have no clue what is a fair price, without doing myself down.

Is a run of 1,000 watches actually that limited? Does that make any difference to the resale?

It's a beautiful thing (to my eye anyway) and I bought it purely on the aesthetics - knowing nothing about watches at the time - it just looked 'right' to me and I'm heartbroken to have to let it go but sh*t happens.

Any thoughts / ideas / suggestions?

A few pics.......

Last edited by jfb1977; 25th April 2023 at 19:09.

If you want to hold out for the maximum list it at the 3500 your saying you’ve seen them at ,and eventually a buyer will turn up .
    But realistically I think you’ll be looking at more like 2500,if you want to sell,someone’s got to really want it at 3500.
    If you just want a breitling there’s cheaper and better looking models for me personally.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

It’s a lovely looking model IMO. Why not try it at £2995 and see what happens?

First let me say I'm sorry to hear of your plight. That cannot be a nice feeling at all.

On the watch I personally feel a run of 1000 isn't so limited that you can't get one if you really want one. It is worth adding, though, that this limited run of 1000 came in 3 colours. It means that specific colour is more limited than one of a thousand, albeit you don't know if that makes it one of 333.3 or less/more.

I'd hazard a guess that you might make £2750 on it if you're patient, depending on condition/whether it's been serviced & when, and where you sell it. Fellows sold the blue for £2700 in 2016 which includes their fees etc. There's one on WatchUseek from August 2020 for $3,450 which was £2650 at the time. Realistically at the moment it might be more like £2250-2500 I suspect, especially if you sell through TZ-UK where some watches which appear to me to be bargains are not selling at the moment.

Hopefully you feel like you get a fair deal when you do come to sell. It's a lovely watch. Good luck.

Thanks for the responses.

I've got an idea now as have asked a few well known watch buying sites what they'd give me for it and the best offer is £2,700, so that's the watch world equivalent of a We Buy Any Car trade price, so I know they can see a decent profit buying it at that.

Good to have a baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by jfb1977 View Post
    Thanks for the responses.

I've got an idea now as have asked a few well known watch buying sites what they'd give me for it and the best offer is £2,700, so that's the watch world equivalent of a We Buy Any Car trade price, so I know they can see a decent profit buying it at that.

Good to have a baseline.
    If I was in your shoes I would take the best offer.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody74 View Post
    If I was in your shoes I would take the best offer.
    id tend to agree, i dont see it being worth materially more as a private sale.