closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New C Ward Release

Must be annoying for CW that in the intervening 7 years since they dreamt up this model, Tissot has launched the PRX, which was a huge hit with similar design elements at a budget way below this offering - and beating them to the mass market relaunch of the integrated genta-inspired style by a couple of years. I’d have to see one in the metal but the dial looks migraine-inducing. And I don’t get migraines!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    There are now quite a few real world pics on the Christopher Ward forum and it seems to wear better than I expected for the size. Apparently whilst the case is 40mm, it is only 38.5mm to the outer edge of the bezel.

The similarities to the Antarctique are understandable - the head of design at CW also does some design work for Czapek. CW initially started thinking about the concept for the Twelve in 2017.
    So they counted the crown guards in the 40mm - they should have made clear, that’s much more appealing. The link to Czapek design helps too.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    So they counted the crown guards in the 40mm - they should have made clear, that’s much more appealing. The link to Czapek design helps too.
    No not the crown guards. 40mm is the measurement taken excluding the crown guards. It is more that the outer edge of the bezel is 38.5mm, so not the same as the 40mm case size.

Posts to the page with pics of measurements shown on digital calipers:
    https://www.christopherwardforum.com...61360-210.html

A few other measurements -
    Flat side of one side of the dodecagon to flat side on the other side: 37mm
    Crystal: 34mm
    Dial: 33mm (the rehaut is vertical, but seems to be just a smidge under the crystal diameter)
    Dial not including minute track: 29.5mm

At least that garish dial provides some camouflage for the dreadful logo. Good grief.

I quite like the latest logo, they've had some shockers but I don't see a lot wrong with this one.

There seems to be much less goodwill towards CW than afforded to some brands, despite them making some nice watches at fair prices.

Master
    A pretty gushing review from Watchfinder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJEtsa6fmqw

It does look appealing in the video and the white works well. I don’t need another integrated bracelet watch but I’d be tempted otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    I quite like the latest logo, they've had some shockers but I don't see a lot wrong with this one.
    I think it’s a great logo, a clever combination of the Swiss and English flags to make something enigmatic but cool, though I suppose it does help to know that’s what it is. They’ve really struggled with the branding over the years, with several revisions, and sometimes too much branding (the trident second hand has also puts me off on some of their watches). But now they have it right, it’s understated, uncluttered and modern.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My initial thought were that the white dial was the nicest and the videos with real world lighting confirm that the promotional photos of the dials don't do them too many favours.

For the quality they have now (which is excellent) the price is fair in my view. Makes a tempting "holiday watch" too with enough resistance for lounging in the pool.

I've gone for the white / silver version and I really like it. Very legible, well finished and a really good fit. It's not groundbreaking in the grand scheme of things but they've delivered a well made watch that I'm sure will have a lot of very happy owners.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Slight thread hijack, what's the return policy like with them?

I really like the idea of the white dial twelve and also the Sandhurst 2, but worried if it's not right they'll be funny about it...

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post

I really like the idea of the white dial twelve and also the Sandhurst 2, but worried if it's not right they'll be funny about it...

Cheers.
    60 days to decide if you want to keep it and 60 month warranty I think

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    60 days to decide if you want to keep it and 60 month warranty I think
    Because it’s mostly online sales so long as it’s still got stickers on it and everything it came with no issues sending it back if you don’t like it.

That’s as far as I can recall unless things have changed recently?

New C Ward Release

Cheers.
    Send it back to them in the same condition as you receive the watch, and it is no quibble.

CW pay and guarantee postage in both directions too.

I have done it with one watch after a month of umming and are-ing, and it was completely painless.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Ordered a Sandhurst 2, will report back when it arrives...

Ordered a Sandhurst 2, will report back when it arrives...
    Did you manage to get a personalised discount when you signed up?

Master
    Blog Entries
    No nothing :(

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sandhurst 2 arrived but won't be staying as-is, I might swap it for a different version.

The bracelet clasp is frankly comical in terms of it's length and flatness. The bracelet wouldn't curve much with it on.

The watch itself is nice, the case and dial are lovely, and the crystal has a nice AR. I'm less fond of the arrow hour hand and the crown is big (though that's probably part of the design brief of a field watch).

I ordered a spare camel canvas strap and think that would be much nicer so I'll refund this one and think about getting the cheaper strap version instead.

Master
    Blog Entries

What the hell were they thinking with that clasp??

I like the look of the case, dial, crown and overall colour scheme but the hands look oversized and rather comical and as for the clasp....

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post

Bit odd that. Here’s what look like the same adjustable bracelet on my weedy 6.5 inch wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Same length clasp as on something like a 114060 Submariner. However on the CW clasp the link nearest the clasp on the 6 side doesn’t full articulate, which makes it longer. Depending on how the adjustable clasp is set this may, or may not also increase the effective rigid part on the 12 side.

The clasp blade is the same length as on their previous bracelets. They extended the length of the clasp cover, to accommodate a greater range of micro adjust positions. Not really needed, as there was sufficient before and unlikely that anyone couldn’t adjust to a good fit, as they also have a smaller, as well as full size links.

Really suits the sand canvas strap. I, like you, don’t much think it suits the bracelet.

I get why the hands are as they are, the big crown, too - it's supposed to be a military-style field watch, so legibility, practicality and functionality really matter; to me they seem to have given that a decent bit of thought, and as a blind old git - I also like it.

That clasp tho'...

Why do SO many manufacturers struggle with clasp design? The exact same people who can produce miracles of micro-engineering inside a case, so often fail dismally on the outside!

Master
    Blog Entries
    It's almost the same length as my 114060 but it's much flatter than the Rolex. I'll take a pic later to show the difference

Master
    Blog Entries
    Here's the difference with an oyster clasp. The outside is actually smaller but as mentioned above the first links can't pull down and lengthen it significantly. Also the folding section is much flatter so the combo on my wrist doesn't work at all.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Watch was returned, no fuss whatsoever.

I was looking at the 36mm sealander (OP-alike) but it's got the same loooong clasp. They need to sort that out it must be damaging sales.

I'd buy a CW again if the right one came along though, subjectively the quality for the money was excellent.

Any real life pics of the Twelve?

Here’s a comparison with the older style bracelet clasp. When I say older, only 18 months old.

Oyster is massive by comparison.

Master
    Blog Entries
    That's a very different shape, the butterfly section is much more flat in the new one so doesn't curve around the wrist

Master
    Just wanted to bring this one back, does anyone have any impressions on the 40mm or 36mm? It’s been out for 6 months now.
    I keep coming back to this one (or a Farer) as an all rounder watch.

Did I miss any discussion threads

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app