closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 116200 Service before sale

116200 Service before sale

As part of my continued collection thinning I'm putting my 166200 on SC at some point. Timing it yesterday it looks like its losing about a minute a day which hasn't caused me an issue over the couple of years having it. I was planning on getting it Genesis'ed but someone suggested just sticking it on at a keen price and the new owner can decide. B&P, V. good condition, normal hairlines on PCL

Cheers
    Mike

PS I've already mentioned it but planned to point out the timing in listing
    Last edited by P9MES; 18th April 2023 at 10:34.

Do you mean a 116200?

I do and title edited

I guess it will all come down to what someone feels is a reasonable price to allow for a service. I know of a full set in excellent condition that can be purchased from a dealer with 12 months warranty for £5300.

I was thinking more something £4xxx

Grand Master
    Have you fully wound the watch first before checking the rate over 24 hrs? Suggest you hand-wind it 50 twists and check it again carefully. After fully hand-winding it leave it dial-up for 8hrs or more and see what it's doing.

If I was buying I`d be more concerned about cosmetic condition, a used watch that's a few years old will almost always end up needing to be serviced and that'll fix any mechanical issues. A battered case can be refinished but severe damage can`t be fully rectified.

Cost of service is worth checking, I`d adjust the price accordingly by 50% of the service cost . Selling it freshly Rolex serviced will help the sale but whether it adds ca£600 to the price is debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Have you fully wound the watch first before checking the rate over 24 hrs? Suggest you hand-wind it 50 twists and check it again carefully. After fully hand-winding it leave it dial-up for 8hrs or more and see what it's doing.

If I was buying I`d be more concerned about cosmetic condition, a used watch that's a few years old will almost always end up needing to be serviced and that'll fix any mechanical issues. A battered case can be refinished but severe damage can`t be fully rectified.

Cost of service is worth checking, I`d adjust the price accordingly by 50% of the service cost . Selling it freshly Rolex serviced will help the sale but whether it adds ca£600 to the price is debatable.

I'll try this