closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: RMSD undelivered...

RMSD undelivered...

I sent a watch off to Ebay authenticator yesterday but it wasn't delivered today. I've sent and received quite a few watches RMSD and I've used it at work for years to send artwork proofs and important documents and I've never had a failed delivery or even a delay. Until today I would have recommended it without a qualm.

The tracking looks odd to me..

Tuesday 11 April 2023
    20:02
    Item received at
    Warrington MC
    19:45
    Item Despatched to Greenford MC
    Warrington MC

How can it be despatched to Greenford (London) 17 minutes before it arrived at Warrington, having been collected locally?

One small consolation if it's lost, the maximum value has gone up to 5k but not the insurance.

From 3 April 2023, we are increasing the maximum permitted value per single item that may be carried by any Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed® product from £2,500 to £5,000. The maximum value of compensation paid will remain at £2,500, it is just the maximum permitted value per single item that is being increased.

Quote Originally Posted by Linocut View Post
    I sent a watch off to Ebay authenticator yesterday but it wasn't delivered today. I've sent and received quite a few watches RMSD and I've used it at work for years to send artwork proofs and important documents and I've never had a failed delivery or even a delay. Until today I would have recommended it without a qualm.

The tracking looks odd to me..

Tuesday 11 April 2023
    20:02
    Item received at
    Warrington MC
    19:45
    Item Despatched to Greenford MC
    Warrington MC

How can it be despatched to Greenford (London) 17 minutes before it arrived at Warrington, having been collected locally?

One small consolation if it's lost, the maximum value has gone up to 5k but not the insurance.

From 3 April 2023, we are increasing the maximum permitted value per single item that may be carried by any Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed® product from £2,500 to £5,000. The maximum value of compensation paid will remain at £2,500, it is just the maximum permitted value per single item that is being increased.

I know you must be flapping and understandably but if it’s any consolation I have had a similar experience giving me a sleepless night only for it to turn up at buyers door the next morning
    Sometimes the tracking and check-ins seem to lag behind the real position.

Sure you’ll be fine try to breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    I know you must be flapping and understandably but if it’s any consolation I have had a similar experience giving me a sleepless night only for it to turn up at buyers door the next morning
    Sometimes the tracking and check-ins seem to lag behind the real position.

Sure you’ll be fine try to breathe.
    I sincerely hope so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I had a special delivery item arrive a day late 2 weeks ago. It seems to be getting more common. Remember you can claim back the cost of late special delivery using a straightforward online form.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Used to work in tech for RMG, either a scanner is not synched to the time server or someone realised a scan was missed and did the earlier track in the process at a later time. I wouldn’t overly worry!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    I had a special delivery item arrive a day late 2 weeks ago. It seems to be getting more common. Remember you can claim back the cost of late special delivery using a straightforward online form.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using TZ-UK mobile app
    Same here a few weeks ago - parcel just arrived 1 day later than it should have.

Master
    I really should stop tempting fate by posting statements like this, but I’ve sent ~20,000 parcels by RMSD in the last ~15 years and not lost one yet

But I lost 3 out of 5 tracked parcels to Italy in one week once

We really are blessed with RMSD as much as we complain about RM as a whole

Well I’m relieved and pleased to say it was delivered at 6:15 this morning. Pod was a photo of a big bag in a frame with about half a dozen other parcels, some very obviously watch sized others in disguise.

Blog Entries
    You should be able to get the cost of postage back from RM via an online form - since it was delivered late by SD. (Oops - see that was mentioned above)

https://www.royalmail.com/retail-com...%20for%20delay

Did you insure it separately if it was over £2500 for loss and damage? there are a few options available discussed many times here on the forum.

Glad it arrived safely. Martyn.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 13th April 2023 at 08:05.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    You should be able to get the cost of postage back from RM via an online form - since it was delivered late by SD. (Oops - see that was mentioned above)

https://www.royalmail.com/retail-com...%20for%20delay

Did you insure it separately if it was over £2500 for loss and damage? there are a few options available discussed many times here on the forum.

Glad it arrived safely. Martyn.
    I did pay the extr for the 2.5k cover. I’m a bit confused by the insurance options tbh. I see people using Secursus, then others quoting t’s and c’s saying that they don’t cover private sales.

The last time I sold on eBay it was 2400 so I was happy with the cover. This was over 3k and given the new higher value limit and my previous experience I thought the risk was reasonable.

It’s ended ok but I could do without the stress so I will def find full value insurance next time.

Updated - as I just noticed the new RM T&Cs, that compensation of £2.5k would still be paid (if bought) for items valued up to £5k (as noted above). A worthwhile change, gives the option of self insurance from £2.5-5k (as you decided to do) - given how reliable the RMSD service normally is.
    Last edited by jukeboxs; 13th April 2023 at 09:57. Reason: Updated

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Linocut View Post
    I did pay the extr for the 2.5k cover. I’m a bit confused by the insurance options tbh. I see people using Secursus, then others quoting t’s and c’s saying that they don’t cover private sales.

The last time I sold on eBay it was 2400 so I was happy with the cover. This was over 3k and given the new higher value limit and my previous experience I thought the risk was reasonable.

It’s ended ok but I could do without the stress so I will def find full value insurance next time.

Secures cover private sales but not sales via forums / ebay sales - if you email them you may still get cover
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG