closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Laser welding crown and tube anyone on here?

Laser welding crown and tube anyone on here?

Hi guys struggling to find a crown and tube for my 1960s Tudor manual wind 7992
    Simon Freese can get the auto version but for whatever reason he says you have to not fully wind the watch.

The option I'm considering is laser welding especially too keep the original crown.

Has anyone had this done? is it a complete fix? lastly anyone on here that can do this or recommend someone?

I'd love to start wearing the watch as it's pretty thing.

Baden

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Baden H; 19th April 2023 at 10:20.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I dont know if he could do crown and tube but Danesh at Elite Workshop in Hatton is a bit of a magician with laser welding 020 7831 4555

Grand Master
    Struggling to see how laser welding will help. I’m assuming the crown won’t screw down owing to damaged/ worn threads? I would expect the pendant tube to be interchangeable between automatic and hand- wound, can’t see how the design would differ. As I see it the difference gas to be in the crown, which has to be able to disengage from turning the stem when pressed in to engage the threads. If this is faulty a new crown is needed, can’t see how a crown like this can be fixed.

Might be worth contacting Bill Rice, he was Rolex accredited for a long time and he may be able to help.

Are you sure the watch is original? I believe a 7996 is automatic and the dial looks suspect.