closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Correct bracelet for red sub

Journeyman

Correct bracelet for red sub

A friend has asked me to look at his red sub 1680, he knows I have an interest in watches. I know enough to say I'm certainly not qualified to navigate the traps and pit falls of vintage rolex. I believe the watch to date to 1973, the bracelet is a 93150 which I think dates to 1976. Does this make it a replacement or were the 1680 released with this type of bracelet? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by fierbois16 View Post
    A friend has asked me to look at his red sub 1680, he knows I have an interest in watches. I know enough to say I'm certainly not qualified to navigate the traps and pit falls of vintage rolex. I believe the watch to date to 1973, the bracelet is a 93150 which I think dates to 1976. Does this make it a replacement or were the 1680 released with this type of bracelet? Thanks in advance
    It should have a 9315 bracelet from the start but the most Red Sub's have the 93150 today.

Supposedly the 9315 folded bracelet is correct - some comes with ‘pateted’ diver extension :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Thanks guys, I guess it's likely that it would have been some early service replacement bracelet? It's certainly has minimal stretch / wear as far as I can tell. The watch was serviced in 2001, would it have been possible to have received the bracelet at that time?
    Thanks again

Master
    What is the stamped letter on the inside of the folding clasp (if it has one that is)? Do you mind me asking what the first 3 serial numbers of the watch are? It’s quite common to have found the 93150 has been fitted at some point in a red subs lifetime.

Here are the 9135 and the 91350 side by side, They are very different

I used an aftermarket bracelet for my Red

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by gmt 16750 View Post
    What is the stamped letter on the inside of the folding clasp (if it has one that is)? Do you mind me asking what the first 3 serial numbers of the watch are? It’s quite common to have found the 93150 has been fitted at some point in a red subs lifetime.
    332, first 3 numbers
    The end links are folded, I didn't see what numbers were stamped underneath unfortunately. The service papers state its a 93150 and mentions links with a reference of 7-58 I think. No idea what this relates to.

Journeyman
    Just looked at another picture. The end links are marked 593, on a 91350 bracelet. Is it possible to tell if this would be correct for a watch of this date.
    Thanks again