closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: IWC servicing under warranty. Surprised

IWC servicing under warranty. Surprised

Pleasantly! (Sorry for the clickbait)

Bought a Spitfire Chrono at the end of summer last year, wore it a while on and off.

After a short while, I “think” the rotor started to become noisier - could have been in my head but began to bother me.

All research led to say it was not un-common or problematic but you know how we are here… I was obsessing!

Anyway, lived with it a while. Then I thought the feeling of the crown changed on winding. It used to have a consistent resistance - then it seemed to change to a feeling of less resistance for perhaps a quarter of a turn.
    I reckoned that I could see it not winding true, almost like crown or stem was ever so slightly bent - but I knew it has not been mistreated.

Again, obsessing. Watch functioned perfectly and no discernible change to timekeeping etc.

So I took it to Goldsmiths and told them the crown stem was bent. They didn’t question it (think the girl there knew she didn’t know anything) and it was sent off to IWC under warranty.

6-ish weeks, it has just come back.
    Brief letter from IWC stating movement fully serviced but no more detail - and I can see they have put a new crown (assume stem) on it.
    Rotor is more quiet - although I did not mention that to Goldsmiths - and the stem is definitely not bent now on winding, feels much nicer.

I was fully expecting some pushback, as I am jaded with life and consistent dogshit service from so many places - expected the to maybe blame me for bent crown stem etc.
    Really pleased that did not happen. Has made me really enjoy the watch again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IWC servicing under warranty. Surprised

Last edited by notenoughwrists; 5th April 2023 at 21:48.

Great service, a beautiful watch and my all-time favourite watch hands.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post

Great looking watch too!

That is very nice!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like the good service you should expect from a high end brand, but sadly not always the case.

Belting looking watch too, I bet your glad to have it back on the wrist, I know i would be.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Master
    Lovely to hear and a cracking watch. Crystal looks like it isn’t even there in the pictures!

Great to hear! I’ve always had wonderful service from IWC, no questions asked they’re just helpful.

Cracking watch too!

Master
    Always nice to read a positive news post - delighted for you sir. Thanks for posting.

Craftsman
    I sent my IWC Pilot Chronograph back in a month or so from the end of its warranty period - again via my local Goldsmiths - as the chrono hand wasn't snapping back to top dead centre each time. No arguments, came back reasonably promptly. As with the OP, the details included were relatively light on what was done; it's showing as a "functional check" in the online service history which also doesn't shed much light.

Either way, issue was sorted.

I've also dropped in to the London Boutique and called up the customer services number and have been impressed with the responses I've had.

Watches you can buy and service you can rely on. A highly attractive brand.

I tried to sell this a little while ago.
    I need my head looking at!

It will stay - I actually missed it when away for a service!
    And 8 years warranty. There is a lot to like.

And the comment on the crystal looking like it is not there… a colleague said the same when he was actually holding the watch! It really does look like that quite often.

Blog Entries
    Always pleasant to hear about good customer service. Other brands should listen out. Beautiful example of an IWC. In retrospect I should not have sold my worldtimer - very legible version.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

That is really nice.