closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Heritage Chronograph - the odd man out in the Tudor range.

Tudor Heritage Chronograph - the odd man out in the Tudor range.

The Tudor Heritage Chrono is one of my favorite watches, nothing else looks quite like it. I believe it was released in 2010. Tudor relaunched in America in 2013 & it proceeded the Black Bay by around 2 years. The Heritage Chrono used an ETA 2892 with a Dubois-Depraz module & the early Black Bays used an ETA2824 before a small facelift & the in house movement was introduced. The Heritage Chrono, as far as I can see, was a bit of a stand alone as it was never part of the Black Bay range. It plodded on for a good 10 years with a few updates (blue introduced) before being discontinued. It never got the Tudor in house movement like the Black Bay range & it was never incorporated into the Black Bay range. To me it feels like the one they made to reboot the brand & then left it out in the cold. I'm just wondering if anyone knew why it was never part of the Black Bay range? Looking at current Tudor AD window display's, in my opinion, the range would be lifted / benefit from the Heritage Chrono still being displayed adding a splash of colour, offering something slightly different & linking current watches to Tudors past.

My one I'm wearing as I type:

Master
    I believe these are discontinued and any sold in AD the past 2 years or so have just been old stock. I've not seen any new online stock for a long time.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I’d agree it does seem like they were a big part of the reboot and then just discontinued with nothing to follow.
    When they were first shown I was really keen on one, but unfortunately the dimensions just don’t work for me.

Craftsman
    I bought the blue Monte Carlo version via an Italian AD in 2013 before Tudor re-launched in the UK. I sold it in 2019 and it is the only watch I regret having let go. I doubt that with the current Chrono in the black bay range selling well, they will re-introduce it which is a shame. I personally prefer the hands and dial of the heritage chrono, which was a pretty good re-interpretation of the Tudor chrono from the 1970s.

Master
    I really like the Blue, then try one on and something doesn’t just click.
    But I still fancy one.
    Like the colour, the heritage, the screw down pushers and particularly the spare Nato strap (really disappointed Tudor stopped including bracelet and strap).
    I’d probably prefer a magnified date window, as per the originals.
    Could have bought a new one a couple of years back for £2500, but it had a scratch on the polished side of the case so I bid them £2k and they wouldn’t swallow it.
    I think they’re a bit of a sleeper at the mo.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I've said it before, they are great as part of a bigger collection. Too slab sided to be an only watch.

Love mine.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Master
    I think these are absolutely stunning and its a shame they have been discontinued.

Thinking a bit more about this, another outlier in the Tudor range that has subsequently been discontinued is the North Flag. Funny enough another Tudor that floats my boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    I've said it before, they are great as part of a bigger collection. Too slab sided to be an only watch.

I agree with this. I love my Blue Heritage but it wears large mainly due the height of the watch. I can daily wear my 41mm SMP or 42mm Glycine combat sub which are broadly similar diameter due to them being very flat and shallow cases. You ‘know’ you are wearing the Heritage chrono and it makes sense as part of my collection but it’s not a daily.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I wear my black one nearly everyday. Had it for years and hope to never have to sell!