closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tunisia holiday , anyone been ?

Tunisia holiday , anyone been ?

Her majesty has booked us a week in Hammamet ,never been before so any tips pointers etc will be much appreciated .

Do NOT get drawn in by the husslers trying to get you into shops. They know all the wrist bands from the local hotels and will say their Uncle or Cousin works at your hotel so they can do you a special deal. Just walk on by and don’t engage with them at all.

Be aware of fake goods.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Was in sousse for a week at the start of the month.

The hotel, while badged as 5 star was at best 3.

The shoddiness of the hotel was largely made up for by the friendliness of the staff and the quality of the food.

The clientele, well let's just say the hotel couldn't do anything about that......

Weather was cool, with a strong off shore breeze so felt nippy at points.

Place in general seemed a bit run down but fine.

There were some lovely big hotels (which we drove right past )

Blog Entries
    Maybe leave the Rolex at home… the sellers can be pushy in the local siuk (sp). Personally I didn’t enjoy the holiday much - the misses more so. Try Morocco.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    It's well worth taking a trip down to where Star Wars was originally filmed. Quite apart from the weird familiarity and astonishing dug architecture, it's bloody ace to be on the edge of actual big dune desert.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Star Wars, camel trips and Roman amphitheatres aside there really is not much to recommend it in my view, though I'll admit it was many years ago now and actually one of my few good holiday purchases - a carved wood collapsible tripod and bowl came from there.

Sellers pushy, though not as bad as Egypt. I'll second the fact that hotels can be optimistically graded.

Master
    Hi place to stay - good hotels but don't get drawn in by the shop keepers - stay at your resort and relax is my recommendation.
    May be worth taking a day trip into Tunis - a beautiful city.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakir Khaja View Post
    Hi place to stay - good hotels but don't get drawn in by the shop keepers - stay at your resort and relax is my recommendation.
    May be worth taking a day trip into Tunis - a beautiful city.
    I'd say, if you're in Tunis, you can also make it to Sidi Bou Said - there is a very regular and cheap train service.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidi_Bou_Said

If you are in that neck of the woods I can give you some tips for the neighbouring town of La Marsa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Marsa
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.