timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Joshua v Franklin Saturday night

Joshua v Franklin Saturday night

Opinions?
    Franklin lost to Dillian white
    I’d really like to see Joshua fight deontay Wilder

Craftsman
    Doesn’t excite me at all, I might listen to it on the radio but won’t be paying for this one.

Joshua needs a statement performance.

Cheers
    Rory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    If aj is going to move on his career he needs to make a statement, needs a knock out in my opinion and then aj v fury could really happen if aj wins

Do you think Joshua would beat wilder?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Do you think Joshua would beat wilder?
    I think wilder v usyk would make an amazing fight then aj v fury and the winners off both take the titles it’s a no brainer , name four bigger fighter in that division ?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblue View Post
    I think wilder v usyk would make an amazing fight then aj v fury and the winners off both take the titles it’s a no brainer , name four bigger fighter in that division ?
    I agree wilder v usyk even fight
    But I’ve always thought wilder would ko Joshua
    Last edited by lenlec; 31st March 2023 at 22:52.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    I agree wilder v usyk even fight
    But I’ve always thought wilder would ko Joshua
    Wilder’s got a big punch but that’s it. With the exception of Fury he’s not really fought anyone. There’s always the risk of getting caught with a big punch but I think Joshua would beat him easily.

Craftsman
    Joshua has bulked up for this fight, going to be even more ponderous and slow. Sadly when the going gets tough the tough are supposedly to get going which Joshua seems to lack numerous times

Craftsman
    Mandatories and people who have spent fortunes on sanctioning fee to get into mandatory positions would have something to say about this..

Usyk would have to drop a minimum of one belt to fight wilder who’s lost 2 of his last 3 fights I can’t see him doing that.

What time is it on?

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    What time is it on?

Main event ring walk is 10:40

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    Joshua has bulked up for this fight, going to be even more ponderous and slow. Sadly when the going gets tough the tough are supposedly to get going which Joshua seems to lack numerous times
    Fury fan?

Sent from my SM-A137F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by GMC41 View Post
    Fury fan?

Are there any fury fans left after his nonsense actions over the last month!?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by GMC41 View Post
    Fury fan?

I am for his boxing talent and ring craft. I just think Joshua is over hyped

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idc0001 View Post
    Are there any fury fans left after his nonsense actions over the last month!?
    ^^true. lol @greedy belly

Blog Entries
    So much going on behind the screens with Hearn and warren and everyone else in the circus of boxing & Politics for eg who walks first and who has the rematch etc etc i just think aj needs a statement knock out then the three biggest fight is aj v fury and wilder v usyk and the winners fight each other that’s we’re the money is in my opinion
    Last edited by Iceblue; 1st April 2023 at 21:01.

Craftsman
    So much going on behind the screens with Hearn and warren and everyone else in the circus of boxing & Politics for eg who walks first and who has the rematch etc etc i just think aj needs a statement knock out then the three biggest fight is aj v fury and wilder v usyk and the winners fight each other that’s we’re the money is in my opinion
    Aj v fury is definitely close if aj wins tonight

Usyk v wilder can’t see that happening. Usyk has wbo and wba mandatory fighter's he has to fight or drop the belts. Would you drop two world titles to fight a man who lost 2 of his last 3 fights when you could fight your mandatories win keep all your belts and then he ll be lined up perfectly time wise for the winner of fury aj for the undisputed fight.

Fighters are coming out now.

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    What time is it on?

Seems to be an interesting fight. Joshua is definitely still not the Joshua of old.

Joshua looked average so far.

Master
    I look at very simply, if Joshua was 6ft and 14st would he be a top cruiserweight? absolutely not, horrible footwork, no boxing brain, if his opponent doesn’t fold under a couple of right hands he’s clueless, Franklin was open for the uppercut all night and yet AU hardly throws it, weird weird game plan from him tonight.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    I am for his boxing talent and ring craft. I just think Joshua is over hyped
    Only asking as Joshua has never been "slow and ponderous" but Fury did say that a few years back. Fury fans tend to repeat what he says without thinking about what they are saying.

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=Rob153;6186776]I look at very simply, no boxing brain, if his opponent doesn’t fold under a couple of right hands he’s clueless

This:

Yes, he can throw some leather but is too scared to mix it, push in and commit especially if he gets tagged. Any good front foot, pressure boxer would put him to bed. He’s very close to be put into retirement, more so if he fought Usyk, Wilder and god forbid Fury :)

Sad state the boxing game today

"Best of Three for PPV" ?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Sad state the boxing game today

"Best of Three for PPV" ?
    Have to agree there. Yes, boxers deserve every penny they get (mostly) for climbing inside the ring and putting their necks on the line, however I think they way promoters treat the paying public is another thing. It’s a circus out there and we’re the clowns most of the times

Master
    Always find it strange watching him, has all the attributes but never seems to learn, seems to be ‘Gun Shy’ really think it’s more of psychological issue with him, not a confident fighter, any top heavy fight would destroy him on last nights performance.

At the end of the day though he’s 33, been champion of the world and is a multi millionaire, isn’t doing too bad……… :-)

[QUOTE=LRB255;6186858]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    I look at very simply, no boxing brain, if his opponent doesn’t fold under a couple of right hands he’s clueless

This:

Yes, he can throw some leather but is too scared to mix it, push in and commit especially if he gets tagged. Any good front foot, pressure boxer would put him to bed. He’s very close to be put into retirement, more so if he fought Usyk, Wilder and god forbid Fury :)

AJ has all the attributes but looks like he’s hampered psychologically. Last night was just about winning against a very average opponent. He kept the hand brake on all fight. You could see the tension in his shoulders and he never looked relaxed and wouldn’t let the hands go.

That was a whole load of nothing. I wanted to see AJ come back from those losses against the much smaller Usyk, I wanted to see him come back and blow Franklin away. That's what everyone wanted to see last night, that's what the O2 was packed out for. With a hand-picked opponent, not exactly a bum but definitely not a world beater, AJ should have knocked him out, beaten him really convincingly. The scorecards were convincing, I gave AJ every round myself, but it never felt like he was doing anything with intent, just winning every round by keeping the smaller guy on the outside with a huge reach advantage. The scorecards being convincing doesn't mean the fighter was convincing though, AJ is never getting back to the top of the tree on that performance.

I've said it before about AJ, but he isn't a fighter, any hint of adversity and he's playing the safe game all night long. Franklin was game and obviously faster but all the physical advantages lay with AJ and he just didn't know how to use them.

And then the palava afterwards and AJ on the mic - somebody shoot me.

Pretty much my take on it.^^^
    The stuff afterwards about taking Fury on was just about a payday. He won't beat Fury and I don't particularly rate him either.

Master
    Anything Joshua was saying ever going to do in boxing he’s already done. Terrible fight and based on this performance I think it’s time to try and set up a mega money fight with Fury to add to the pension pot (which he loses) then call it a day. He never was or never will be a fighter.

He did amazingly well to get as far as he did and be worth £170m in a weak era for heavyweights. Cash in with his marbles and get out I think.

Comfortable win really. Not a surprise - but if he choose Deontay Wilder for his next opponent I think he would lose badly. Not sure where he can go now. There were some small signs as the fight progressed that he was starting to improve - maybe his confidence returning a little, but a long way to go still.

Craftsman
    He fights someone classy or dangerous he will get beat up badly. I think he knows this and why he's probably looking for one more big pay day, step in TF. Problem is, if he continues to fight average fighters he risks the chance of getting beat and then it's good night for his big dream payday