closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch crystal

Watch crystal

I sent my Tudor 79260 in for service and a new Crystal as mine had a tiny mark at 8 o'clock.

After 3 months had passed I'm wondering where my watch is so I phone my watchmaker to see how it's going. He tells me he cannot source a new crystal,Chrystal,glass for my watch. I did make a point that I wanted the same as was fitted originally which actually looks like its more than 2.5 times on the date window. Is it does anyone know?

I would assume it would be available at Rolex for an inflated price so long as you have an account with them. Unfortunately I know he does not have access to Rolex parts but I assumed somebody would make an original quality replacement for the Tudor watches.

Would anyone know where I may be able to source a new glass for Tudor Tiger Chronograph?

Grand Master
    Cousins do a range of generic glasses for various Rolex and Tudor models. I suggest you ask the repairer how hard he's tried to find one, but Cousins is usually the first port of call for repairers in the UK.

Unfortunately repairers can`t magic parts out of thin air, if the correct glass is Rolex-specific and there's no generic replacement he's struggling. Possibly someone like Duncan Potter (Genesis) would take the job on to replace the glass, he's Rolex accredited.

This is one of several reasons why I won't touch Rolex/Tudor watches for service/repair!

Edit: I've just had a mineral crystal custom-made by these guys, v. pleased with their service.https://www.crystalfit.co.uk/
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 31st March 2023 at 17:12.