closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Lost and Stolen Register

Master

New Lost and Stolen Register

Spotted this via a news article and hadn't seen a mention on here but apologies if previously posted

Richemont appear to have just launched a new online platform for identifying lost and stolen watches.

https://www.enquirus.com/en/

It doesn't appear to be restricted to Richemont watches and whilst I haven't fully researched it, seems anyone can make an account and list their watches with documents etc and then report them as lost or stolen if applicable.

Also has a functionality to check if a pre owned watch is lost or stolen and supposedly several insurers like Zurich and Hiscox and resellers have signed up but not sure if it is linked to and UK police forces etc as yet.

Seems like a good idea but as with anything like this, you really need lots of people/organisations to sign up and make it worthwhile!

Why anyone feels the need to duplicate what The Watch Register does, when it's been doing it longer and better, is beyond me, but this new one is just one of a number of wannabes out there.

Seems unhelpful to me - divides the focus, and makes searches more complex and expensive.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Why anyone feels the need to duplicate what The Watch Register does, when it's been doing it longer and better, is beyond me, but this new one is just one of a number of wannabes out there.

Seems unhelpful to me - divides the focus, and makes searches more complex and expensive.
    Well said.

I note that the website of Enquirus ( Richemont's baby ) now claims :

"It allows anyone involved in buying, selling and collecting pre-owned items to confirm their lost or stolen status."

This is NOT correct. Users may confirm whether or not an item has been reported as lost or stolen to this database.

Many items are unfortunately not reported to any given database, but may still be lost or stolen. Thus a check of any database cannot confirm an item's lost / stolen status.

Does anyone know the fees for using "Enquirus" ? They seem to have adopted that painful practice of not showing the cost until one is "on the hook" by enquiring.

Think I'll remain firmly in the ALR Watch Register camp ( https://www.thewatchregister.com/ ), where there is critical mass and independence from Richemont.

Interesting to see Watchfinder (also Richemont's baby ) promoting Enquirus. I won't apologise for sharing yet again Watchfinder's earlier involvement with prodigious fence Nadeem Malick, who had apparently sold them and BQW 535 watches : https://www.policeprofessional.com/n...k-for-support/

I wonder if Watchfinder / Richemont has ever sought out all the customers of the former who had bought watches that came from Malick. Wouldn't you want to know?
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 30th August 2023 at 11:30.