closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: MotoGP 2023

MotoGP 2023

Quite a good start to the season but I've yet to make up my mind about the MotoGP sprint race.

The Double Long Lap Penalty given to Marc Marquez for irresponsible riding (I think) has been suspended pending the outcome of his appeal. The case has been referred to the MotoGP Court of Appeal...pdf link.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    The case has been referred to the MotoGP Court of Appeal...
    Interesting as he said he deserved the penalty as he made a mistake! Apparently his team disagree. Perhaps they could argue that it wasn't his mistake, the problem is their bike.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Interesting as he said he deserved the penalty as he made a mistake! Apparently his team disagree. Perhaps they could argue that it wasn't his mistake, the problem is their bike.
    Mistake acknowledged by all, but to be served at the "next race" or may even have referred to Argentina GP. Marquez now withdrawn from this weekend in Argentina due to injury so its a an argument around what the next race is, Argentina or when Marquez returns...clearly he should serve the penalty on his return even though its not the "next race". Stewards revised wording of initial sanction to clear this up and Honda say they cant do that. Its probably the only way they will make any ground this year!

Master
    The sprint race is causing on the fly redesign’s to the fuel tanks. Apparently they only need 12lits for the 10 laps as compared to 25l for the full race. All are using baffled tanks and some have new smaller tanks fitted.

Im pleased to see they are approaching it aggressively, it could just have been a procession, however with only the top seven scoring it may become more interesting.

Lastly apparently KTM have availed themselves of Red Bulls F1 wind tunnel facilities and aerodynamicists. They are running a V4 like Aprilla and Ducati so they maybe competitive this year. The problem is Ducati are harvesting so much data from every race they will probably exploit the “ marginal gains” faster.

I started a MotoGP 2023 thread already.
    Last edited by andy tims; 30th March 2023 at 21:43.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    I started a MotoGP 2023 thread already.

Oops...link please. I did a 'title only' search on MotoGP and Moto GP and didn't find it...but I may simply have overlooked it.