closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PSA Redwing Chukka boots

PSA Redwing Chukka boots

Head over to the Nigel Cabourn shop for money off some Redwings?
    https://www.cabourn.com/products/red...riar-oil-slick
    No affiliation, please remove if inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Head over to the Nigel Cabourn shop for money off some Redwings?
    https://www.cabourn.com/products/red...riar-oil-slick
    No affiliation, please remove if inappropriate
    Anyone know how these come up for size (I seem to recall that they're a half size bigger than "normal")? I'm an 8 in shoes and an 8.5 in trainers... would a 7.5 in these equate to an 8 in other makes?

Thanks GOAT, Just ordered. Much appreciated.

Tony in the chukkas I size up 0.5 but that’s probably more due to wide feet than actual length. On the mic toe I think I size down as they come larger.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Thanks GOAT, Just ordered. Much appreciated.

Tony in the chukkas I size up 0.5 but that’s probably more due to wide feet than actual length. On the mic toe I think I size down as they come larger.
    Ah, thanks... sadly I'll have to pass, then. Lovely boot.

And an extra 10% off for first order with them

Master
    I have just ordered a set to see what the fuss is about from the following Stuart’s they have a few sizes and only £147.
    https://www.stuartslondon.com/red-wi...f10fdb3098e126

Missed them again, not in my size now.

Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    I have just ordered a set to see what the fuss is about from the following Stuart’s they have a few sizes and only £147.
    https://www.stuartslondon.com/red-wi...f10fdb3098e126
    Great shout, Simon, and managed to snag a size 8

Master
    Blog Entries
    Why are these boots so popular here? Are they particularly comfortable or hard wearing?

Or is this just a fashion thing?

Balls. Cheers shoppy. Now I have two en route and have tried to cancel the first. Worse case I have a slightly lower average cost. I have three of the lighter coloured chukkas so two of the darker pair isn’t awful.

PSA Redwing Chukka boots

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Why are these boots so popular here? Are they particularly comfortable or hard wearing?

Top quality leather and Goodyear welt construction, so doesn’t get much better, although I find the soles are soft and wear quite quickly.

The soles can be replaced for $$, meaning that the boots will last a long long time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Top quality leather and Goodyear welt construction, so doesn’t get much better, although I find the soles are soft and wear quite quickly.

The soles can be replaced for $$, meaning that the boots will last a long long time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sounds good, I like a deal so have ordered a pair …

I personally find them on the large side and equivalent size as Grenson, but I halve a size down from Loake

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk

The fact that a company sells wide fit in the US and not in the UK frustrates me and hurts my feet

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by The_Perfect_Sandwich View Post
    The fact that a company sells wide fit in the US and not in the UK frustrates me and hurts my feet

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I got back from New York 6 weeks back and didn’t know this until 4 weeks ago. Infuriating. Half a size up on the chukkas and a week or two seems to sort it out enough for me.

White soles on a boot which suggests hard external wear? Not sure how that works, but, for balance, the only pair of Red Wings, pre white sole nonsense, were a delight, but, couldn't match my very lazy perambulations before booking ( excuse the slang)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Perfect_Sandwich View Post
    Problem solved if you buy shoes that fit your feet. Redwings are way too narrow for my H-width slabs, so I give them a miss. I'd be delighted with more H-width options.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the heads up.

Off with the old and on with the new.

Wife approves.

They feel a good fit for me so result all round.

Mine came today too. Thanks.

Fit great so I’ve just ordered another. Should have one to wear and two for the cupboard. By the time I need the second pair they’ll probably be almost 300 again.

Mine arrived today as well. Never worn Redwing before, but they're superb boots.

Do the Chukkas ease/stretch as they wear in?

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Yes, after the multiple blisters have gone.

Pity they didn’t have the tan or copper coloured boots on sale, as dark brown is not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Mine arrived today as well. Never worn Redwing before, but they're superb boots.

Yep after a few wears they’ll be fine.

Mine are starting to break in after around 10wears

Thanks for the heads up.

Off with the old and on with the new.

Wife approves.

They feel a good fit for me so result all round.

Look nice. What size ?do they wear true to size ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Look nice. What size ?do they wear true to size ?
    I’d say they are true to size but narrow which suits me fine as usually my problem is too much space in the forefoot.

I’d say they are true to size but narrow which suits me fine as usually my problem is too much space in the forefoot.
    Thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Yes, after the multiple blisters have gone.

Pity they didn’t have the tan or copper coloured boots on sale, as dark brown is not for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    Yep after a few wears they’ll be fine.

Mine are starting to break in after around 10wears
    Thanks

Do we all need to buy an MX-5 each now or you guys already have one??

Master
    Do we all need to buy an MX-5 each now or you guys already have one??

Between this and slippers, you have issues my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Between this and slippers, you have issues my friend!
    I’ve got three pairs in two colours (three colours inc the new ones) and they cost me £260 each. Making the most of £151 each and the other two can stay in their boxes and hide in the cupboard for a few years.

My guess is that by the time I get round to wearing pairs two or three the price will be over £300 each. Probably won’t work out that way now that I’ve bought them.

I’ve got three pairs in two colours (three colours inc the new ones) and they cost me £260 each. Making the most of £151 each and the other two can stay in their boxes and hide in the cupboard for a few years.

My guess is that by the time I get round to wearing pairs two or three the price will be over £300 each. Probably won’t work out that way now that I’ve bought them.
    Bad idea IMO.

Fashion and our tastes change. We get bored of certain styles.. What you absolutely love today, may not be the same in 5 or 10 years time. Plus, there are alway good deals out there, and your assumption forgets the time value of money.

With re-soling say 3 times, worn in rotation and taking good care of the uppers, you should get 15 years out of a pair of these boots. Who wants to wear the same style of boots for 30 years plus. My cupboard it littered with expensive clothing that I just got bored of.

I have seen these chukkas on sale every year, for many years. I turned down a £125 pair from John Lewis recently in the sake.

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk

Ever heard of net present value?

I was always under the impression it wasn’t a great idea to store boots with this kind of sole without regular wear as the soles will disintegrate. That’s what happened ages ago with my first pair of Timberlands after I hid them in the back of my wardrobe for a few years.

Food for thought. I’ve worn the same jeans since I was 16 when I was forced to buy a pair to get a job at Pret and I’m 37 now so definitely a creature of habit.

Excluding these I’ve got 6 pairs of red wings in various styles and colours and they work for me - somewhere between a timberland and boat shoes. Not sure what I’ll be up to at 60 or 70+ but I’ve never actually had a pair re-soled. The one which was getting close went to charity instead. These will probably go the same route.

Doesn’t matter if it’s boots, backpacks, arcteryx, Wi-Fi or watches, I always just launch in balls deep.

PSA Redwing Chukka boots

Doesn’t matter if it’s boots, backpacks, arcteryx, Wi-Fi or watches, I always just launch in balls deep.
    You are definitely not unique in this respect My twelve pairs of brogues and three Brompton bikes (soon to be more) tell a similar story.

Master
    Blog Entries
    You guys have a serious shopping habit.