closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virgin media price hike

Yes, Virgin are absolutely shit these days.

We have TV, landline and fibre internet.

As I work at home, I'm loathe to risk another ISP as that is the one thing that I like about VM, it works well here, for a price.

Our landline was out of action for 4 days out of a week recently. In the end they sent a cable to connect our phone directly to the router and it seems dependable now, but I'm sure the internet is glitching when the phone is in use.

Awful company, I no longer recommend them to people, in fact I advise them to try anyone else.

In reality, though, if you factor in TV and a phone, no-one else is much cheaper...

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

They've hit the headlines

BBC News - Virgin Media investigated over contract cancellations
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-66174785

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Master
    There you go exactly the problem I had with them .

Got a 70% hike in my bill today AFTER doing the merry dance. So off I go to pastures new.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Got a 70% hike in my bill today AFTER doing the merry dance. So off I go to pastures new.
    I ended up paying more elsewhere but better service

Internet with zen via Openreach and tv via sky stream box with Netflix included

Virgin media price hike

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I ended up paying more elsewhere but better service

Internet with zen via Openreach and tv via sky stream box with Netflix included
    I was on 300 MBPS with Virgin. Never had a problem with them in 15 years. Fast, reliable service.

Just gone to 500 MBPS Sky for half the price, minus a few TV channels.

It is all Openreach fibre anyway.

Could have chosen others, but Sky had the shortest contract of 18 months.

I have been with Virgin for 15 years and they have always aggressively pesued my business at contract renewal.

This time the Indian office made a derisory offer and I went straight to disconnections. Usually, they route you via Glasgow and give you another sweetener to stay. Not this time, so Foxtrot Oscar.

Will buy my own TV recorder and good riddance to the dozens of sh1t channels we never watch.

That’s madness.
    I had an email with the offers attached. Turned down the first offer, the second one popped up £7 cheaper than the current price . Guaranteed until April 2025 . I didn’t have to speak to anybody .

I was on 300 MBPS with Virgin. Never had a problem with them in 15 years. Fast, reliable service.

Just gone to 500 MBPS Sky for half the price, minus a few TV channels.

It is all Openreach fibre anyway.

Could have chosen others, but Sky had the shortest contract of 18 months.

I have been with Virgin for 15 years and they have always aggressively pesued my business at contract renewal.

This time the Indian office made a derisory offer and I went straight to disconnections. Usually, they route you via Glasgow and give you another sweetener to stay. Not this time, so Foxtrot Oscar.

Will buy my own TV recorder and good riddance to the dozens of sh1t channels we never watch.
    I was so annoyed at virgin medias renewal games and tactics I was leaving then no matter what. Knew I would pay more but didn’t care.

Having the same dance with Vodafone at the minute and no juice. They are not budging a penny from the standard prices on the website. Really annoying.

Rarely watch TV channels but do like YouTube so this renewal I’ll get YouTube instead of Spotify with Vodafone.

Master
    After 20+ years with Virgin Media and the predecessors I finally ditched them for Community Fibre. I’m now paying 1/3 of the cost for double the download speed and the upload speed is multiples of what I was getting previously.
    1gb service, and it is consistently close to that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk