timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSA. JURA seem to have a bit of a sale on again

PSA. JURA seem to have a bit of a sale on again

EXTRA10 gets a further 10% off

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Ah, didn't notice that, bugger, might mean another Hamilton inbound.....

Thank you, been holding out for a SPB153. Can't say no for £661

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    The Bremont airco is a nice buy

Master
    Crikey.

Bulova Electrostatic Spaceview; £3,190 down to £1,914. That's a discount and a half.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Crikey.

Bulova Electrostatic Spaceview; £3,190 down to £1,914. That's a discount and a half.
    Or pay £1k more to get the same watch on a leather strap not bracelet!?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ENES View Post
    Or pay £1k more to get the same watch on a leather strap not bracelet!?
    Bizarre isn't it?!

I always buy with bracelet as anything else is cheap to add.

I'm tempted by the bracelet one, just for the 'interesting piece' factor.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Crikey.

£1722 with the extra discount. Momentarily tempted but a bracelet with no micro adjustment at this price, nope.

Had a quick look,there’s a couple of decent things but most definitely need to be in the sale has I can’t see them ever selling at anywhere near retail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    And an additional 3.15% through TopCashback.

Good shout OP thanks.
    Last edited by Ruggertech; 27th March 2023 at 07:49.

Blog Entries
    Thanks OP.

Just taken the plunge on a Mazzuoli Manometro... I have lusted after one since moving mine on years ago.

Down from £2700 regular price on there to £1620, with an extra 10 percent off too using the code. £1458. (Plus nobody was stocking these AT all until recently again: that is a double result for me).

Happy days. I said earlier this year that I am not on much of a buying mission, but there are a handful of pieces that I have let go that I want back. This being the top of my list.

Happy bunny here.

Cheers.

G

Master
    Took the plunge at the tissot prx blue chronograph. Worked out below 1k with top cash and the extra 10% off.
    Arriving tomorrow and hoping my tiny wrist will be able to pull it off!

Thanks for the heads up!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gregory View Post
    ...with an extra 10 percent off too using the code.
    I bought a powermatic for a family member yesterday and had it in the basket whilst we deliberated. They rang me a couple of times and emailed me to tell me the extra discount finished at midnight but I notice it still works.

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    I bought a powermatic for a family member yesterday and had it in the basket whilst we deliberated. They rang me a couple of times and emailed me to tell me the extra discount finished at midnight but I notice it still works.
    Same here, they were very helpful in applying the supposedly expired extra bit, called me at about 20.00 on a Saturday. Got to like that sort of follow up.

And again

An example would B&R BR03 Nightlum at £2268, 37% off with the EXTRA10 code. I’ve got something very similar yet my trigger finger is very itchy

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    And again

An example would B&R BR03 Nightlum at £2268, 37% off with the EXTRA10 code. I’ve got something very similar yet my trigger finger is very itchy

Dave
    Temptation now removed it seems (unless you pulled the trigger already!). Trying to convince myself I don't need the GMT or Heritage ...

Trigger pulled, although it’s held up on the IFC. We will see if I get it.

D

Master
    I missed out on a really good price oris. It worked out at 46 percent off, but I wasn’t sure my Rolex would sell so I held off and missed out.

Beaverbrooks has an additional 20 percent off

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I still don't trust them though. I've looked at a couple of watches having filtered by 'In Stock'. The 'Buy Now' buttons are live but if you look further down there's a link to register for notifications of them being back in stock. They've got a poor reputation for dishonesty like this and are also a nightmare for processing refunds. They're like a Mike Ashley company. I'll look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    They've got a poor reputation for dishonesty like this and are also a nightmare for processing refunds.
    Recently had a tough time getting a refund out of them, I was sure I’d read something here warning me but I didn’t heed the advice. I certainly couldn’t recommend them.

The Nightlum went through, although I’ll see what it’s like when it arrives on Tuesday. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was cheap due to being an undeclared return, in which case it may not stay. Fingers crossed.

D

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I still don't trust them though. I've looked at a couple of watches having filtered by 'In Stock'. The 'Buy Now' buttons are live but if you look further down there's a link to register for notifications of them being back in stock. They've got a poor reputation for dishonesty like this and are also a nightmare for processing refunds. They're like a Mike Ashley company. I'll look elsewhere.
    No idea where you get that from, I've bought several watches from them and returned a few but never had any issues

Sent from a technical device.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The service I got from this lot was beyond dreadfull,nothing would induce me to buy from then again.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    Recently had a tough time getting a refund out of them, I was sure I’d read something here warning me but I didn’t heed the advice. I certainly couldn’t recommend them.
    I also heard/read all the warning stories, but finding one of Grand Seiko's best lookers on their site at 37% off I decided to have a go. Have to say, my experience with them was fine.
    The watch was ordered Sunday morning (took a couple of hours for the IFC to go through) Was promised Tuesday delivery. When I didn't get a dispatch email Monday I was able to phone them (and talk to someone rather than a recorded message!) Was told that watch was inspected and didn't met QC and was being refinished (at that price was half expecting an ex display) Was concerned with level of refinish - was assured that the service centre was fully trained.
    The watch arrived 2 days later - looking absolutely immaculate. Cannot fault it. Overall I'm over the moon with the watch and price paid, and very happy with the service provided. Again, just my experience.

Last edited by Skip; 16th July 2023 at 09:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post
    The service I got from this lot was beyond dreadfull,nothing would induce me to buy from then again.
    I was not impressed when they rang me after I had put an item in my basket and left it.

At no point had I consented to marketing calls or been asked to consent. When I asked about this they hung up on me.

Grand Master
    Like the Raymond Weil Freelancer

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    I was not impressed when they rang me after I had put an item in my basket and left it.

At no point had I consented to marketing calls or been asked to consent. When I asked about this they hung up on me.
    The very same happened to me too!

For some reason whenever I try to get IFC from the finance company Jura use (Novuna) I always get rejected (soft check stage). Never had a missed payment or default, the other finance companies that other stores use (V12) I've never had an issue, credit score is high. Probably for the best TBH!

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post

Did you consider reporting them to the ICO?
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

I got it from my own experiences and those of others. Have a look through this thread, the Jura H&V thread and online reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    No idea where you get that from, I've bought several watches from them and returned a few but never had any issues

I’m calling BS on that re-finishing story. There’s no way someone at Jura can re-finish a GS to GS standard.

I think they’re covering for their own delay. You’re happy and got an amazing watch though so no harm done 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    I also heard/read all the warning stories, but finding one of Grand Seiko's best lookers on their site at 37% off I decided to have a go. Have to say, my experience with them was fine.
    The watch was ordered Sunday morning (took a couple of hours for the IFC to go through) Was promised Tuesday delivery. When I didn't get a dispatch email Monday I was able to phone them (and talk to someone rather than a recorded message!) Was told that watch was inspected and didn't met QC and was being refinished (at that price was half expecting an ex display) Was concerned with level of refinish - was assured that the service centre was fully trained.
    The watch arrived 2 days later - looking absolutely immaculate. Cannot fault it. Overall I'm over the moon with the watch and price paid, and very happy with the service provided. Again, just my experience.

Hmmm…

Well they have some of my money, but the allegedly in stock watch hasnt shipped. Can’t get much out of customer services beyond they can’t find the order number and have emailed head office.

I think the odds of supply in a reasonable timeframe are receding!

D

Last edited by helidoc; 18th July 2023 at 17:53.

Hmmm…

Well they have some of my money, but the allegedly in stock watch hasnt shipped. Can’t get much out of customer services beyond they can’t find the order number and have emailed head office.

I think the odds of supply in a reasonable timeframe are receding!

D

Sounds like Jura.

Take money, delay. Delay some more. Give some sort of excuse.

I wouldn’t say my experiences with them would stop me from buying from them again, if the price was right but I would be fairly guarded about what to expect. Given the option, I’d always choose another retailer, or more likely, buy used.

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post

Same here.

Brought about 5 watches from them. Returned 2. Never had an issue and also super polite and helpful on the phone!

This week I signed up to be notified when a watch came back in stock.

A few hours later I got the following email:

"I have some great news, this timepiece is available to order directly from the brand, meaning you would have a brand-new timepiece fresh from the production line. Delivery is approximately 6 months."

That's not a 'back in stock' notification. I could order it directly from my manufacturer myself.

The email was followed up by a phone call pressuring me to place an order.

I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

I’ve stopped putting stuff in my basket on Jura. Had a couple of calls over the years too. Don’t have an account so they must have software on the basket to suck in your info before you hit submit.

Thing with Jura is if you have a rant at them when they screw up (which they will) and demand compensation they will acquiesce. I remember they had a SLA Seiko at 30% off which I ordered and paid for and then inevitably 'sorry we no longer have that'. I kept on at them about taking my money for an item they didn't have and in the end I got that 30% off against any watch they had which I initially was going to use against a Czapek Antartique (yes they would have honoured that!) but then remembered I was poor and used it against an IWC instead. This was a few years ago now so things may have changed

Well my order was cancelled today after an apologetic phone call . It’s probably for the best. At least I know something about the company. Let’s see how quick my deposit comes back!

D

Just got an email from Jura for one of the most ugly and expensive never heard about before watch I have ever seen £45000 and don’t forget the £40

Craftsman
    Looks like something from AliExpress!

Apprentice
    I bought a Muhle glashutte Panova from Jura in the sale, saving 30%. The watch arrived on time and in a great new condition.

I had a problem with them earlier in the year when they sent the wrong watch but that got sorted fairly quickly. And in previous years I have bought several other watches without problem so generally I would recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by mutanthands View Post
    Looks like something from AliExpress!
    For sure that’s exactly what I thought when I saw it

Master
    The sale has just got better with a couple of tempting bell&ross watches half price along with a few oris and Bremont.

There's one decent B&R. They have the one I've got on SC at full price of £3k compared to mine at £1900. Their quartz B&R are more expensive than my auto.

Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    The sale has just got better with a couple of tempting bell&ross watches half price along with a few oris and Bremont.

Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post

I would beware
    They took my order and deposit (for a BR03-92 Nightlum), then went quiet and cancelled it 5 days later. Another 9 days to get my deposit back,

Interestingly, the watch that they told me last Wednesday was discontinued and unavailable is available today at full price.

Unless they have loads available for shipment today I wouldn’t bother. If it’s “hurry, last one”, I really wouldn’t.

Dave

I would beware
    They took my order and deposit (for a BR03-92 Nightlum), then went quiet and cancelled it 5 days later. Another 9 days to get my deposit back,

Interestingly, the watch that they told me last Wednesday was discontinued and unavailable is available today at full price.

Unless they have loads available for shipment today I wouldn’t bother. If it’s “hurry, last one”, I really wouldn’t.

Dave

Sounds like they are improving. You’ve done well to get your money back in just 9 days

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    Just got an email from Jura for one of the most ugly and expensive never heard about before watch I have ever seen £45000 and don’t forget the £40
    If it's good enough for King Charles, its... no, you're right. Dreadful watch.

I would beware

Dave

I ordered my B&R BR05 GMT on Sunday and received the watch on Wednesday. So no issues for the third time for me.

However, I have never yet needed to ask for a refund

Posted for balance.