closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bunna Moine...something for the whisky thread.

Bunna Moine...something for the whisky thread.

Sorry...had a look but couldn't find it!
    Moine available again on Amazon for £34 quid...1st time I've seen it on there in 18 months. One of the very best Islays in that price range imo....NAS but doesn't suffer for it!
    Still not on the Bunna website so assume Amazon may have come across old stock. I think it may be discontinued.
    Buy quickly...tends to disappear in a few days.
    I have 7 bottles in storage haha.
    Happy shopping.
    Kozza.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kozza6 View Post
    Sorry...had a look but couldn't find it!
    Moine available again on Amazon for £34 quid...1st time I've seen it on there in 18 months. One of the very best Islays in that price range imo....NAS but doesn't suffer for it!
    Still not on the Bunna website so assume Amazon may have come across old stock. I think it may be discontinued.
    Buy quickly...tends to disappear in a few days.
    I have 7 bottles in storage haha.
    Happy shopping.
    Kozza.

It's spelled "Whiskey" in that thread.........................

I hadn't heard of that bottling, but really like the standard Bunnahahbain - a great oily/seaweedy finish. Great on a winter's eve.

Well worth grabbing a couple. I think it is considered a bit of a gem in whisky circles, hence why it always sells out in a couple of days! I prefer this to the 12 YO.

Seven bottles? That's a fair stash!

Coincidently, I finished a bottle of Moine last weekend. I shan't be replacing it though as I found it to have a particular saline twang that I just couldn't make friends with.

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Seven bottles? That's a fair stash!

Coincidently, I finished a bottle of Moine last weekend. I shan't be replacing it though as I found it to have a particular saline twang that I just couldn't make friends with.
    Haha....fair enough. Close your eyes though and have another dram....that banana-esque underlying flavour might just drag it back from the abyss. I just love it. Any favourites you care to share? For independent bottlings, I find any James Eadie offerings tend to be exceptional. Have a few sherry bombs at the moment, including a Benrinnes. Awesome stuff.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    It's spelled "Whiskey" in that thread.........................

I hadn't heard of that bottling, but really like the standard Bunnahahbain - a great oily/seaweedy finish. Great on a winter's eve.
    Oh yes. A real pleasure on a cauld nicht

Quote Originally Posted by kozza6 View Post
    Haha....fair enough. Close your eyes though and have another dram....that banana-esque underlying flavour might just drag it back from the abyss. I just love it. Any favourites you care to share? For independent bottlings, I find any James Eadie offerings tend to be exceptional. Have a few sherry bombs at the moment, including a Benrinnes. Awesome stuff.

Bananas? I don't recollect that and it's all drunk now, I'm wondering if I had a duff bottle, not that I believe such things really exist.

I don't have many indies, in fact I can only think of a Signatory Edradour and a Compass Box from my 50+ total, I'm away from home right now so can't check the shelves.

Standouts would be, in no particular order, Yamazaki 18, Amrut Fusion, Octomore 9.3, Port Charlotte Heavily Peated 10, Ledaig 10, Ardbeg Uigeadail and a few others. All, for me, are favourites as well as, for many, offering great value as well.

Grand Master
    I’ve weakened, I’m in!
    Also Amazon have Berry Bros Rudd classic Islay blended malt at £25 or so, a well put together dram and excellent for that money.