closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Orient ER24*** Lift Angle

Orient ER24*** Lift Angle

Can anyone help please. I want to check my Orient ER24*** on the Timegrapher just out of interest.
    I cannot find a reference for the lift angle anywhere. It seems that Orient do not want it known.
    The watch is a Bambino, I think a MK1, fitted with the (ER)48743 movement.
    I know there is a method to measure it myself however I thought to ask here first.
    Thanks in anticipation.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Is your movement on this list?

https://watchguy.co.uk/cgi-bin/lift_angles
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Unhappy

Thanks for the help but I've already looked there. Not only under Orient but Seiko who I believe now own the Orient brand. I've even tried Epson Seiko and Hattori (both quartz only I think) but found nothing.

Grand Master
    If you can’t find a reliable figure for the lift angle set it at 52 degrees. Changing the lift angle setting by 1 degree will affect the amplitude reading by approx 5 degrees. If you’re trying to check the health of a watch it won’t make a big difference to your conclusion.

The rate readings won’t be affected by the lift angle setting, neither will the beat error.

Good luck, you might need it with an Orient!

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    If you can’t find a reliable figure for the lift angle set it at 52 degrees. Changing the lift angle setting by 1 degree will affect the amplitude reading by approx 5 degrees. If you’re trying to check the health of a watch it won’t make a big difference to your conclusion.

The rate readings won’t be affected by the lift angle setting, neither will the beat error.

Good luck, you might need it with an Orient!
    Thanks for that. I have today read, somewhere, that some Seiko and Orient movements share a lot of common parts so I am not surprised that the lift angles would be similar.

I did not know that the lift angle wouldn't affect the rate readings and beat error.

It's a school day every day.
    Thanks again.