closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tudor service thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    That looks super good after service and the price is, well, I guess reasonable.

I dropped off my 74000N Tudor for service today. I've had it for nearly 10 years and recently the winding has become harder (stickier). It's got the basic ETA so should not be too expensive, and the case and bracelet require no work.

That’s a really lovely watch and the unusual logo makes it all the more interesting. Fab!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    All looks good value in the end, and I am glad you're pleased. Can we ask what clasp they gave you with the bracelet? Rolex branded, or Tudor?
    The winder originally had a Rolex crown and has been changed to Tudor.
    The bracelet also has Tudor markings.

Quote Originally Posted by Loupe View Post
    The winder originally had a Rolex crown and has been changed to Tudor.
    The bracelet also has Tudor markings.
    Thanks for that, I never realised they had moved on to Tudor crowns for Subs, or for that matter, Tucor clasps for solid link bracelets. Interesting

Not an expert of Tudor but thought they transitioned to Tudor marked crowns and bracelets from the sub 79190 onwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Wandril View Post
    Not an expert of Tudor but thought they transitioned to Tudor marked crowns and bracelets from the sub 79190 onwards?
    The 79190 was the last Sub they built, and it had Rolex crown and yes, Tudor bracelet, but a folded link one, with a traditionally flimsy pressed clasp.
    There never was a Tudor sub with a solid link bracelet, or one with a Tudor crown, so I wondered what a Tudor solid link Sub bracelet and crown looked like.
    That's all

Master

Hi Loupe

It looks great. Really fresh looking.

Master
    Thanks, I’m pleased with it.
    I put it on my wrist then stare at it for a little while then take it off again!
    I really need to take the stickers off and start wearing but it’s put to the side in favour of my other sub.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Loupe View Post
    Thanks, I’m pleased with it.
    I put it on my wrist then stare at it for a little while then take it off again!
    I really need to take the stickers off and start wearing but it’s put to the side in favour of my other sub.

Lovely pair of subs you got there. I owned a Tudor Sub 79190 and personally I wouldn’t have changed the hands or got it polished. But each to their own, it’s your watch not mine!

I know Rolex have made servicing tritium and radium dials and hands much much more difficult these days. Difficult for those of us that like vintage. Finding good indy watch guys is absolutely crucial, and the costs are sadly going up.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike83 View Post
    Lovely pair of subs you got there. I owned a Tudor Sub 79190 and personally I wouldn’t have changed the hands or got it polished. But each to their own, it’s your watch not mine!

I know Rolex have made servicing tritium and radium dials and hands much much more difficult these days. Difficult for those of us that like vintage. Finding good indy watch guys is absolutely crucial, and the costs are sadly going up.

Thank you.
    It wasn’t a straight forward decision to have the hands changed but given the existing ones didn’t match and the servicing costs were so much less from Rolex I decided to go with it.
    If I decide to change them to tritium then I still have enough to play with to buy a set and still be cheaper than the indie.
    I didn’t have my red polished when I had it serviced by Rolex but the case on the Tudor was pretty marked up and thought it would look better with the new bracelet.
    Another 30 years of wear will make it look perfect again
    🙂

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Did it go back to Switzerland?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bestofthebest View Post
    Did it go back to Switzerland?
    Unlikely given the timescale.