closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Leather Pen Case

Leather Pen Case

I know there are some pen aficionados on TZUK and while I'm very much an amateur fountain pen user, preferring the lower, cheaper slopes I do enjoy them, as well as some EDC titanium pens. I thought I should share a recent purchase in case anyone is looking for a new pen case.

If you have seen my posts on the Slim Down Your Wallet thread, you'll know I appreciate good leather work and my new pen case is well above being merely "good."

This was bought from LepusLeather on Etsy, run by a Polish gent called Konrad. He seems to make almost exclusively leather pen cases in a variety of styles and sizes.

Mine is made from Saddle Tan which smells fabulous. I have a lot of leather wallets and can now tell excellent quality, which is definitely on display here. It's been expertly cut and moulded, hand stitched, with smooth burnishing on all the edges. There's a subtle, cute lepus (hare) logo on the rear of the case. It's very impressive and great value for money, I think costing only £35!!

I chose one with two generously sized internal sections for four pens, but different sizes of inserts, including removable ones, are available. That's an Opus 88 which is huge in one spot, and two TWSBI Eco's in the other.

Konrad's store is definitely worth a look. He's friendly, quick to answer any questions and helpful. I should say that there was only one downside to ordering from him, which was the speed of delivery. He sometimes takes a couple of weeks from order to begin working on them, and then the Polish mail can be slow. It took me just under two months to receive mine, but it's definitely worth the wait.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    I know there are some pen aficionados on TZUK and while I'm very much an amateur fountain pen user, preferring the lower, cheaper slopes I do enjoy them, as well as some EDC titanium pens. I thought I should share a recent purchase in case anyone is looking for a new pen case.

If you have seen my posts on the Slim Down Your Wallet thread, you'll know I appreciate good leather work and my new pen case is well above being merely "good."

This was bought from LepusLeather on Etsy, run by a Polish gent called Konrad. He seems to make almost exclusively leather pen cases in a variety of styles and sizes.

Mine is made from Saddle Tan which smells fabulous. I have a lot of leather wallets and can now tell excellent quality, which is definitely on display here. It's been expertly cut and moulded, hand stitched, with smooth burnishing on all the edges. There's a subtle, cute lepus (hare) logo on the rear of the case. It's very impressive and great value for money, I think costing only £35!!

I chose one with two generously sized internal sections for four pens, but different sizes of inserts, including removable ones, are available. That's an Opus 88 which is huge in one spot, and two TWSBI Eco's in the other.

Konrad's store is definitely worth a look. He's friendly, quick to answer any questions and helpful. I should say that there was only one downside to ordering from him, which was the speed of delivery. He sometimes takes a couple of weeks from order to begin working on them, and then the Polish mail can be slow. It took me just under two months to receive mine, but it's definitely worth the wait.
    That’s impressive

I’ve been using a chap up Bruntsfield way near Margiotta’s who’s Turkish and very capable. Give him an idea and he turns it into great kit. He’s made me a portfolio holder, credit/business card holder and coin bag. Not expensive either.

That pen holder you’ve got there looks very good too.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcb View Post
    That’s impressive

I’ve been using a chap up Bruntsfield way near Margiotta’s who’s Turkish and very capable. Give him an idea and he turns it into great kit. He’s made me a portfolio holder, credit/business card holder and coin bag. Not expensive either.

That pen holder you’ve got there looks very good too.

Jim
    Thanks Jim,

If you mean Workshop After Six, I have one of their wallets. :) Their work is lovely.

And to prove it's a small world, many years ago Mr Margiotta was a gardener who helped my dad out with the garden we then had. Dad was useless at gardening. Thanks to Mr Margiotta, I can use a whetstone. I still enjoy the occasional shop in Margiottas, they're lovely shops but a touch pricey.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Master

I have 3 of his pen cases, 2x2 pens and 1x1.

They are certainly excellent quality and exceptional value for money. If I remember correctly Konrads communication was brilliant too.

A huge thumbs up from me if any one is considering any of these pen cases.

Cheers
    Martin

I've been looking for something like this and these look superb. I've just ordered one from Lepus.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DMC102 View Post
    I've been looking for something like this and these look superb. I've just ordered one from Lepus.

Thanks for the heads-up.
    So have I....and TBH, I didn't even really need one! The amount of "stuff" that I must have bought over the years due to "PSA"s on this forum must be....best not to think about it!

That pen case looks like excellent quality and outstanding value. Thank you for sharing.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Jim,

If you mean Workshop After Six, I have one of their wallets. :) Their work is lovely.

And to prove it's a small world, many years ago Mr Margiotta was a gardener who helped my dad out with the garden we then had. Dad was useless at gardening. Thanks to Mr Margiotta, I can use a whetstone. I still enjoy the occasional shop in Margiottas, they're lovely shops but a touch pricey.
    A small world indeed. I went to school with the Margiottas!

All the very best

Jim

Thanks for all the responses and I look forward to seeing a couple more examples of Konrad's work when they arrive.
    David

It's quite reckless to post threads with such lovely leatherwork. You've made me want a leather pencase. I already have a leather pen case. ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    It's quite reckless to post threads with such lovely leatherwork. You've made me want a leather pencase. I already have a leather pen case. ;-)
    You can’t have too many pen cases M

🤪🤪🤪

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcb View Post
    You can’t have too many pen cases M

Jim
    It seems you're correct. :)

My original four pen case has been joined by a little brother from Kondrad at Lepus Leather. It's less capacious than the four pen case but it was bought to house my Lamy 2000 Fine Nib and the Medium nib version that's incoming from eBay. As before, the quality is superb and this time the shipping from Poland was only a week from notification to delivery. I'm very pleased with iot, they're great value too.
    David

Master
    Blog Entries
    It seems you're correct. :)

My original four pen case has been joined by a little brother from Kondrad at Lepus Leather. It's less capacious than the four pen case but it was bought to house my Lamy 2000 Fine Nib and the Medium nib version that's incoming from eBay. As before, the quality is superb and this time the shipping from Poland was only a week from notification to delivery. I'm very pleased with iot, they're great value too.
    Class and quality!

Enjoy!

Jim

Great stuff.

I like fountain pens (I blame this forum entirely) and good leather work, so thanks for the recommendation.

In the course of writing this I remembered I bought a ‘Hide & Home’ cardholder wallet from dkpw on here ages ago, which is brilliant - he’s a good judge of quality.

Need to check those out - thank you for posting!

Thank you Stringer. If only that were always true...
    David

Master
    Blog Entries
    Etsy has a treasure of good quality leather workers.

I have bought lots of stuff pen knife slips with pen slots,notebook covers,glasses case,watch straps,pocket savers for pens (shirt) and for tools (back pocket) a great idea,mouse pad,coin purses,valet bowls,wash kit bag,watch cases.

Mine mostly came from the Ukraine not just good product's but incredibly friendly,helpful and polite,I expect a long wait but its not a problem as it always arrives..