closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What have I missed ???

What have I missed ???

Greetings one and all, been a while

Not sure when I was last on, June or July? Let's just say life got in the way. Births, marriages and deaths sort of thing. All fine and dandy here, just never got the brain anywhere near the forum.

Regarding Ukraine, still it continues. I've had 10 family and friends come over to Aberdeen, that in itself has taken much attention these past nine months.

I'm away to pass my records to Raffe to verify transactions, the grand total donated by you lovely lot was £9,234 of which all bar £130 had been sent over. The bulk went in the first few weeks on food and fuel supplies when we didn't know what the hell was going to happen, things got difficult quickly as much of my trusted contacts got displaced. One thing I was made aware of was a desperate need for comms equipment, to that end just put over three handsets, the particular type and frequency needed are almost impossible to get. I'll punt the last few quid over when someone I know goes back in country, and that completes the project.

And before anyone asks, no I won't be taking more donations, several weeks were taken up by it and in any case and I have to prioritise other matters. Thank you again to all who supported.

Anything juicy been going on here? I expect it's been the same old antics from the same old faces. Anyone been banned?
    Last edited by GraniteQuarry; 19th March 2023 at 13:25. Reason: Looks like my proofreading skills are still lacking

Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Greetings one and all, been a while

Not sure when I was last on, June or July? Let's just say life got in the way. Births, marriages and deaths sort of thing. All fine and dandy here, just never got the brain anywhere near the forum. I've had 10 friends and family come over, if you thought I had thinning hair before you should bloody see me now.

Regarding Ukraine, still it continues. I've had 10 family and friends come over to Aberdeen, that in itself has taken much attention these past nine months.

I'm away to pass my records to Raffe to verify transactions, the grand total donated by you lovely lot was £9,234 of which all bar £130 had been sent over. The bulk went in the first few weeks on food and fuel supplies when we didn't know what the hell was going to happen, things got difficult quickly as much of my trusted contacts got displaced. One thing I was made aware of was a desperate need for comms equipment, to that end just put over three handsets, the particular type and frequency needed are almost impossible to get. I'll punt the last few quid over when someone I know goes back in country, and that completes the project.

And before anyone asks, no I won't be taking more donations, several weeks were taken up by it and in any case and I have to prioritise other matters. Thank you again to all who supported.

Anything juicy been going on here? I expect it's been the same old antics from the same old faces. Anyone been banned?
    Good to have you back David !

No, not much, bar the usual 'waffle' on the odd SC post, from the 'regulars'

All the best,
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren View Post
    Good to have you back David !

No, not much, bar the usual 'waffle' on the odd SC post, from the 'regulars'

All the best,
    Peter
    Same sh*t, different day

Cheers, Peter!

Nice to see you back David!.

Same old TBH.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Good to hear from you David, I gathered you have been busy the last year with all the Ukrainian troubles that have been going on especially with your very close connections. I do hope that the situation has improved if only slightly for your families. As for the forum mostly it’s still the same all, same all. Same people arguing the toss over something they cannot change. For me the biggest change on the forum is that Rolex sales have blossomed with 2 or 3 appearing every week now as to 2 or 3 every month, that’s not to say the prices haven’t dropped significantly. But to some that bubble is still waiting to burst !!

Blimey David - June !

We've had 3 different Prime Ministers since then ! haha

Nice to have you back.

Cheers, fellas. Amazing how quickly time passes.

Just had a shudder and recalled the brief memory that was Liz Truss

Hey David, good to see you back in one piece, was half expecting you to be in Ukrainian trenches.

Happy to have a look at the transactions if you insist, I have replied to your PM.

Did you miss anything? Naah, don't think so - unless you rate adolescent fighting.

As for those remaining £130, have you ever seen the "A minus B" system?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Welcome back
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Welcome back David. I still think of you whenever someone mentions Lotus Carlton.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Good to see you back, David. It’s a bit like Eastenders here… you can just slot back in like you’venever been away. Oh, and I ride a Harley now