closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Graphics card advice sought

Master

Cool Graphics card advice sought

Hi.. My current Geforce GT630 card is at least 6 years old and Photoshop is telling me it's insufficient for my needs. I'm unable to install updated drivers... I have downloaded them from the Nvidia site but for some reason they won't install and I'm getting error messages which are frankly gobbledegook. So.. It's new card time I think.
    But I wasn't prepared for the massive choice available. I use Photoshop and MS Office in the main and the only gaming I do is some very unsuccessful Flight Sim stuff. Now I don't want to over-spend on a card that is too highly specced for my needs and have had a look on ebay and there are a few 4GB cards for around £70 or so. Advice sought.... Would this sort of thing be OK? Grateful for your thoughts.
    Rob

Master
    Blog Entries
    In your position I'd probably buy a GTX1080/1080ti. just over £100 via eBay and basically the same performance as you can get from a 3060. They're bargains in my view, I'm still using one for gaming at 1440p

When you think you’ve made your choice, specifically check with Adobe for compatibility with whatever version of PS your running (and preferably any newer versions). One of the reasons I bought a new MBP recently was that I was losing key PS functionality due to the age of my then laptop’s GPU.

Photoshop is actually telling you that it's overpriced bloatware.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Thanks, all. Just about there with this but I don’t want to buy anything too highly specced. I have been told that any quality recent 2GB card should be fine for stills photography work - I have no interest in video. I have sourced an MSI Geforce GT710 2GB for £30 which is I am told is a slight upgrade on my current card. Grateful for any thoughts before I pull the trigger...
    Rob