closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko Marine master pin collar size

Seiko Marine master pin collar size

Greetings,
    I just sold sold my Seiko marine master SLA021J1/SBDX023 on eBay.

Unfortunately, although it passed the authentication process, the buyer says the the collar for the link pin is missing, even though it clearly shows in my listing.

The buyer says there is now a scratch where there wasn’t one, but that’s another problem.

The buyer says he needs the additional link and I wonder if anyone knows what size it is and where I can get one from please.

Many thanks in advance

John

Call Seiko UK and they will probably post to you free of charge. They did for me.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Call Seiko UK and they will probably post to you free of charge. They did for me.
    Many thanks, I will contact them on Monday.

Amusingly, the buyer has suggested buying a bracelet for £250 and getting me to pay.

I rang eBay customer service and she could see the “missing” collar in the photograph and said the buyer should return the watch. It’s gets re-inspected by the Authenticator.

Of course the buyer is crying fowl, saying that be believes that the collar was lost and the watch scratched while at the Authenticator and the watch will be returned back to him.

Quote Originally Posted by odyseus10 View Post
    … Of course the buyer is crying fowl, saying that be believes that the collar was lost and the watch scratched while at the Authenticator and the watch will be returned back to him.
    Which is of course possible, unfortunately, landing you withe the mess to resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Which is of course possible, unfortunately, landing you withe the mess to resolve.
    Indeed, but worse case scenario is that I get the watch back, aquire some collars from Seiko and polish out the scratch (which looks hairline, according to the buyers photograph he sent me)

I havent sold a watch on ebay for years, just to much hassle.

I had a watch scratched by the authenticators a few months ago.

Frustrating. Buyer got a price to polish it out, agreed a small discount directly with me, and he kept watch.
    Maybe suggest same to yours? And send him the collar in due course? Can’t be expensive.

I have some collars from various seiko bracelets (king samurai and turtle I think) happy to send you one but no idea how you tell what size it should be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    I had a watch scratched by the authenticators a few months ago.

Frustrating. Buyer got a price to polish it out, agreed a small discount directly with me, and he kept watch.
    Maybe suggest same to yours? And send him the collar in due course? Can’t be expensive.

I have some collars from various seiko bracelets (king samurai and turtle I think) happy to send you one but no idea how you tell what size it should be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    That’s very kind of you but I too have no idea on the size.,I’ve emailed Seiko to find out about purchasing spare tubes, just in case.

Communication has stopped with the buyer, after I advised him to return the watch via the Authenticator (as advised by the eBay customer service rep). I’m sure any minor scratch could be removed by cape code or red rouge?

Quick update, buyer has requested a return.
    “ The watch has a scratch down the casing which may have occurred during shipping as the spare bracelet link was floating around inside the watch box. The inside of the watch box is crushed which suggests that the box took some impact causing the watch to bash about inside. The seller showed me a photo of the watch wrapped in bubble wrap inside it's box but that is not how the watch arrived from the authenticator. The collar for the pin required to fit the spare link is also missing & I need to fit the link “

Unfortunately (for me ) the Authenticator is not going to take any liability for the scratch or lost collar.

Apparently, eBay inspect the watch and send it back to me if they determine the watch is in the same condition they sent to the buyer. They will no doubt not look at my auction photo clearly showing the collar but we will see but I suspect they will just sent it back as it’s less hassle for eBay that way.

To be fair, the buyer has been pretty honest but I doubt it will make much difference :(