closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedmaster Moonwatch vs Broad Arrow size

Hybrid View

Speedmaster Moonwatch vs Broad Arrow size

Can anyone comment on a size comparison between the Speedmaster Moonwatch and the Speedmaster Broad Arrow (3551.20). They’re both 42mm case width but I think the Broad Arrow has longer lugs and I’m not sure about the height??
    How much does that affect how they sit on a smaller wrist? I have 16.5cm wrist and tend to wear smaller watches because of this, but the Moonwatch at 47mm lug to lug actually sits quite well.
    Thanks for any views

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wilfmannion View Post
    Can anyone comment on a size comparison between the Speedmaster Moonwatch and the Speedmaster Broad Arrow (3551.20). They’re both 42mm case width but I think the Broad Arrow has longer lugs and I’m not sure about the height??
    How much does that affect how they sit on a smaller wrist? I have 16.5cm wrist and tend to wear smaller watches because of this, but the Moonwatch at 47mm lug to lug actually sits quite well.
    Thanks for any views

I have both. A quick butchers without getting the calipers out would suggest that the cases are the same size. The only difference *might* be in the caseback that looks to be slightly deeper on the Broad Arrow. But it's pretty close in size, if there's any difference at all. As you've found out, Speedies, despite the 42mm size, sit well on smaller wrists, especially on straps.

If you want, I'll try and get some pictures up, but it won't be today. Garden duty calls.....

Thanks a lot for that info. It’s very much appreciated. Photos would be great but if they’re as close as you say maybe that’s all I need to know

Craftsman
    If it helps, The Watchbox website states that whilst they both have the same diameter cases (42mm), the Speedmaster has a lug to lug length of 47.2mm

https://tv.thewatchbox.com/videos/om...0-42-50-01-002

The Broadarrow is just over 1mm longer at 48.5mm, and at 14.2mm is 0.5mm deeper

https://tv.thewatchbox.com/videos/om...1-20-00-review