closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Panerai Sub: Tritium to Luminova, which series?

Panerai Sub: Tritium to Luminova, which series?

Do the Panerai experts know when the Subs (PAM24/25) switched to Luminova?

I’m looking at a 2003 25 with Luminova, but some internet sources suggest that it was Tritium until 2005 (H series). I’m trying to work out if it was Luminova originally, or may be a redial.

Do redials matter with Panerai? My Rolex-centric brain doesn’t like the idea of them.

Cheers

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by helidoc; 18th March 2023 at 02:30.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post

I’m looking at a 2003 25 with Luminova, but some internet sources suggest that it was Tritium until 2005 (H series). I’m trying to work out if it was Luminova originally, or may be a redial.

Do redials matter with Panerai? My Rolex-centric brain doesn’t like the idea of them.

Cheers

Dave

I presume your Rolex centric brain doesn’t mind ETA movements that were used in many of these early 2000 pieces. Just buy one with a T on the dial as opposed to an L . I have seen some with Tritium dials and new Luminova hands and they looked mismatched so easy to see if they are redial or rehands so to speak:)

I like ETA Panerai!

I don’t care for Tritium, sacrilege I know, as I like my lume to work. It was more that I was hesitating because the L dial might be service replacement rather than original, hence my question about the year they changed

D

Master
    I like ETA Panerai!

I don’t care for Tritium, sacrilege I know, as I like my lume to work. It was more that I was hesitating because the L dial might be service replacement rather than original, hence my question about the year they changed

D

I prefer the ETA too:) I was in the same quandary a couple of months ago as I was after a 106 or a 24/25 . I couldn’t lock down dates and the changes either so I have resigned myself to an L as I don’t want a flaking dial or hands. Good luck. I’ll be interested to hear from the experts too:)

After a restless morning of digging I think I have the answer. I think this may be from the legendary Tim Mosso, so that would be authoritative.

https://www.watchprosite.com/officin...74448.6812313/

Dave

My 24 is a E series which I think is 2002,with a T dial,I’m not 100% sure when they finished.
    Has regards ,do panerai owners care if it’s a redial ,yes I would say definitely.
    With panerai there’s NON matching dials and then there’s non matching dials if you get what I mean .

For anyone interested, I was sign-posted to this by a response on WUS

https://panerai.watchlounge.com

D

Craftsman

Tritium dial..if correct

I believe the F-series (originally) still had tritium (2003)....
    Best regards,
    Guillermo

Craftsman

redial does matter

Redial does matter as the value of a redial with luminova will have an effect on the price as it will be less collectible if it originally came with a T-dial.
    Best regards,
    Guillermo

Cheers

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by torromoto View Post
    Redial does matter as the value of a redial with luminova will have an effect on the price as it will be less collectible if it originally came with a T-dial.
    Best regards,
    Guillermo
    Thanks Guillermo, i figured as much. Fortunately the one I was in discussion about has sold, but not to me, so no regrets. I hoping a much more suitable one may be mine soon..

Thanks for the feedback, its much appreciated.

Dave

Master
    This is copied from Watchuseek poster lastlineofdefense

PAM00025 Luminor Submersible Titanio (Tritium)
    Production years are
    A (1998) 1500 (495 produced pieces only), Tritium luminous material, Evolution: Gold calf strap, Bezel with 12 divisions, Case number:6506, ID starts with BB,
    B 1500 (790 produced pieces only, Tritium luminous material, Evolution: Rubber strap, Case number:6528, ID starts with BB,
    C 500, Tritium luminous material, Case number:6562, ID starts with BB,
    D 2500 (1000 produced pieces only), Tritium luminous material, Evolution: New bezel divided into 60ths, Case number:6562, ID starts with BB,
    E 2500 (1000 produced pieces only), Tritium luminous material, Case number:6562, ID starts with BB,
    F 400 with Tritium luminous material, Evolution: New applied luminous dots, Case number:6562, ID starts with BB,
    G 300 with Tritium luminous material, Evolution: BDR buckle, Case number:6562, ID starts with BB,
    H 500, Luminova material, Evolution: New Slytech bridge, Case number:6639, ID starts with BB,
    I 500, Luminova material, Case number:6639, ID starts with BB,
    J 500, Luminova material, Evolution: Strap Interchangeabililty + Runner Lever + Null + New case back engraving with OP logo + Panerai logo on the buckle back, Case number:6689, ID starts with BB,
    K 500, Luminova material, Evolution: New metalic clicks bezel + case disposed for new metal bracelet, Case number:6772, ID starts with BB,
    L 500, Luminova material, Case number:6772, ID starts with BB,
    M 600, Luminova material, Case number:6772, ID starts with BB,
    N 600, Luminova material, Case number:6772, ID starts with BB,
    O 500, Luminova material, Evolution: New backcase engraving “DIVERS PROFESSIONAL”, Case number:6772, ID starts with BB,
    P (2013) 100 pieces, Luminova material, Case number:6772, ID starts with BB,
    OOR* 20 pieces, Case number:6772?, ID starts with BB?, Luminova material,
    *OOR means “Out of Range”

Reference PAM00025
    Collection Submersible
    SE/LE/BE No
    Model Luminor Submersible Titanio
    Movement OP III
    Case Material Titanium
    Dial Color Black Clou de Paris
    Waterproof 300m
    Crystal 3,5mm sapph
    Case size 44 mm
    Height 15,5 mm

Credit to panerai.watchlounge.com

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by torromoto View Post
    Best regards,
    Guillermo
    I’ve recently started to covet a tritium panerai. Can I clarify whether you mean a redial or replacement dial? For example would a tritium Pam24 more desirable than luminova?

I saw this one on Chrono24, absolutely gorgeous a but a bit out my price range

Craftsman

Redial!

With redial I meant replacement dial as panerai will change the T-dial (tritium) for an L-dial (luminova) unless you tell them specifically not to touch anything when sending a watch in for a service. An original t-dial Panerai will take a serious hit in value if the tritium dial gets replaced by a luminova dial during a service.
    Hope this cleares it up.
    Guillermo

Image1679521644.072397.jpga little taster

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app