closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Santos de Cartier - experiences

Master

Santos de Cartier - experiences

Have always admired this watch and quite fancy this one : https://www.cartier.com/en-gb/santos...tos-de-Cartier

Black dial keeps it a bit sporty, nice having the option to put it on a rubber strap too, although from watching YouTube videos it seems the tail of the rubber strap is on the inside next to your wrist when wearing the watch, rather than on the outside and through strap hoops. I guess this makes the rubber strap appear cleaner visually when worn but wondering if it impacts comfort?

Just wondering what people’s experience of the watch is, doesn’t seem like there is any micro-adjustment on the bracelet, is it hard to get it fitting just right? How big does it wear on the wrist being square?

Thanks
    Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by michael.jaye; 17th March 2023 at 07:28.

I have a roadster S which has the same rubber strap closure. It's fine but the tail of the strap does tend to creep out, but it's not a problem. In my opinion the roadster S and the calibre de cartier are totally, underrated watches.

Master
    I have the medium Santos. I preferred the no date look and also found the large just a little too large for me. It does wear larger than the specs suggests (maybe more like a 42mm) and i found on the strap the quick release system meant that it didn't contour to my wrist as well. Made the lug to lug seem bigger if that makes sense, another reason i choose the medium.
    Its my favourite watch though and highly recommend it.

The lack of mirco adjustment might be an issue for you but the links are quite small so its easier to get a good fit than on some other watches.

Master
    Definitely one to try on, in my opinion the large wears quite big and quite square, the old Santos 100xl wore differently

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    I have the medium Santos. I preferred the no date look and also found the large just a little too large for me. It does wear larger than the specs suggests (maybe more like a 42mm) and i found on the strap the quick release system meant that it didn't contour to my wrist as well. Made the lug to lug seem bigger if that makes sense, another reason i choose the medium.
    Its my favourite watch though and highly recommend it.

The lack of mirco adjustment might be an issue for you but the links are quite small so its easier to get a good fit than on some other watches.
    Thanks, I’ve tried the medium on before and initial thoughts were that it felt good….just a shame they don’t do the black in that size as I’m not keen on the plain stainless steel models.

Haven’t tried the larger models on before so need to get to an AD as I’m concerned on it wearing too big (as you point out).

In terms of second hand pricing where do these sit?

Master
    Yeah its a shame they don't offer the full range of colours in the medium or the large with no date.
    There have been a few of the large models offered for sale here at around the £5k mark.

Master
    Tried it on today…not feeling it. It’s more grey in the flesh. Looks better in the pictures I think too…plus it’s too big!

Master
    The large wears massive, I had the medium but I wish there was one in the middle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.jaye View Post
    Tried it on today…not feeling it. It’s more grey in the flesh. Looks better in the pictures I think too…plus it’s too big!

I would prefer this one: https://www.cartier.com/en-gb/santos...tos-de-Cartier
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    Love the Dumont models, but also found with the square format the watches wear larger than imagined. The large I found huge on me (and I happily wear Panerai), but medium worked really well.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Love the Dumont models, but also found with the square format the watches wear larger than imagined. The large I found huge on me (and I happily wear Panerai), but medium worked really well.
    Ditto, when I tried the large on a few days ago it seemed gigantic. By comparison I’m quite happy wearing my 42mm submersible. The medium is quite a good fit for me, just a shame they don’t come with the blue or black bezels as the standard polished silver and white face doesn’t do much for me.