closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Rolex Related Death !

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    Mick, make the bet a realistic £50 & I'm sure you'll get many people take you up on it. F/raiser gets the money & you can then post a pic of your Rolex, easy.
    I can see your point but when someone makes a couple of allegations that I am a liar and a Walter Mitty I want him either to retract the allegation or place the decent bet. He knows that I have the watches but he does not have the common decency to apologise.

He has got himself into a corner on this one and he knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    In Barbados a couple of weeks ago.
    Wore my Sub all week travelled on public transport(Reggae bus) most days and never felt in the least bit intimidated or vulnerable.
    Would I wear it in full view in London now? Probably not.
    Ironically in Glasgow I wouldn't think twice about wearing any watch in public.
    Only time I’ve felt uncomfortable was in Marseilles in the summer, on the bus to the public beach and two guys in their 20’s came on through the back door and sat opposite, one saw my Pelagos and said ‘nice watch, is it a Rolex?’ Despite saying, this, no, just a cheap dive watch, they got off the bus after and turned away when we walked into the hotel. Was told by security theater ais an organised gang that patrols the port and the restaurant terraces to target watches in particular, so they will zoom past you in a scooter as you walk back to your yatch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    I wore a 14060M cosc 4 liner for many years all over the planet including hotspots .

This is wearing it often with sleaves rolled up , in busy metropolitan places or even asleep in local buses and trains , on the lash with locals and even around organized criminals and militia groups ( also often on the lash with them) .

Never had an issue really . Occasional friendly remarks from other WIS although my monaco and F300 Omega probably got more attention. Maybe many people assumed a Rolex was fake in the more lugubrious parts or were from less media and fashion aware parts of the world. Or a 14060m is a smaller less obvious rolex to the average opportunist .

I’d probably think twice about Brazil that’s about it.

Nowadays I mostly wear an applewatch day to day ( god knows why just a change) but the monaco I wear as my dress watch and the F300 is my grab watch as it doesn’t need winding ( its currently non functional though …. Help please).

Only regret I have is selling the Rolex , I did like it and I sold it for a tiny fraction of its current value to help out the most beautiful lady I ever met who I eventually was engaged to but who subsequently chucked me for being a white imperialist colonial racist for vague reasoning , I only wish she’d told me that before I sold the Rolex but I guess if you are going to sell a Rolex its not a bad reason .

There was also the fanciful idea that the rolex could be hawked or bartered for small private plane or boat charter to get out of dodge if required but a bank transfer credit card or wad of cash is possibly a better bet in most places.
    That's a better backstory for that watch than military or diving yarns.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    That's a better backstory for that watch than military or diving yarns.
    Thank you an interesting time to be sure . I have threatened to write my memoirs one or twice . I suspect and hope I’d come across as a bit of a div rather than some pompous adventurer type. I should make mention of the watches that were involved : American Psycho style .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Thank you an interesting time to be sure . I have threatened to write my memoirs one or twice . I suspect and hope I’d come across as a bit of a div rather than some pompous adventurer type. I should make mention of the watches that were involved : American Psycho style .
    "Div" must have changed meaning over the years - when I was at school, it meant you were thick!

Don't pander to his silly games. Would you pay to see anyone else's watches?

Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    Mick, make the bet a realistic £50 & I'm sure you'll get many people take you up on it. F/raiser gets the money & you can then post a pic of your Rolex, easy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Don't pander to his silly games. Would you pay to see anyone else's watches?
    So you finally admit I have the watches ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    All relative though. Its a bit like walking around with a carrier bag saying "£10k Cash" on it...
    Indeed. And relative to most people, it's a big pile of money - for most of the population it's life-changing money.

Absolutely not. Not until I see pics of the watches with pieces of paper stating your TZ name and the date. I can't think of another member that hasn't posted pictures of their watches or was constantly so reluctant to do so. It really isn't difficult. You keep saying how much you love the brand and your collection and you spend time on a watch forum but no pics. It just doesn't add up.

My view is that you're a fantasist:
    noun - a person who imagines or dreams about something desired.

I'm also a fantasist and if I had Scarlett Johansson you bet your life I'd be posting pics.

EDIT: you’re now on my ignore list, far too much time wasted on this topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    So you finally admit I have the watches ?
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 23rd March 2023 at 00:32.

Master
    Absolutely not. Not until I see pics of the watches with pieces of paper stating your TZ name and the date. I can't think of another member that hasn't posted pictures of their watches or was constantly so reluctant to do so. It really isn't difficult. You keep saying how much you love the brand and your collection and you spend time on a watch forum but no pics. It just doesn't add up.

My view is that you're a fantasist:
    noun - a person who imagines or dreams about something desired.

I'm also a fantasist and if I had Scarlett Johansson you bet your life I'd be posting pics.

If you are so convinced that I am some sort of Walter Mitty, why not take the bet and have a big grin on your face when I put £1000.00 into the FR. There is absolutely no reason for you not to take the bet unless you are worried that I do indeed have the watches.

Craftsman
    Back on topic, there are now some luxury cars you can’t get insured in London. The harder you make them to steal, the more likely they are to come in your house and force you…

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

[SIZE=2][FONT=arial]Absolutely not. Not until I see pics of the watches with pieces of paper stating your TZ name and the date. I can't think of another member that hasn't posted pictures of their watches or was constantly so reluctant to do so. It really isn't difficult. You keep saying how much you love the brand and your collection and you spend time on a watch forum but no pics. It just doesn't add up.
    Makes perfect sense to me. Join a forum, discuss what you like with other people who appreciate the same but don't disclose what you own if you consider it too much of a risk to openly show on a public forum. Aren't we getting told all the time to limit what we post online as criminals can work out what we own, where we live and possibly come and steal it?

Back on topic, it does seem rather odd to me that someone would be carrying a hammer on the off chance that they would see someone wearing a Rolex. More likely that it's been a pre planned attack made to look like a robbery.