closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Staying young… how far would you go?

Staying young… how far would you go?

I know forum members are a healthy bunch, as evidenced by the enduring popularity of sports watches. It's clear that we are uncommonly active.

But check out this guy… https://archive.is/VzK5L

He wants to have the brain, heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, tendons, teeth, skin, hair, bladder, penis and rectum of an 18-year-old
    I was intrigued by this. Not least the final aspiration. I must admit I haven’t been monitoring my rectal fortitude, doubtless an omission that I’ll come to regret.

But the above quote barely hints at his approach.

He’s taken 33,537 images of his bowels, blasts his pelvic floor with electromagnetic pulses to improve muscle tone in hard-to-reach places, and has a device that counts his night-time erections
    A new market for the Oura Ring perhaps.

So… a noble attempt to slow life’s great journey, or just a rich man obsessing in a different way about time?
    Last edited by Tokyo Tokei; 15th March 2023 at 12:11.

Most on here, would want a device that monitored for night time erections……….. and woke their wife.

Homo Deus, by Yuval Noah Harari touches on this phenomenon among the super wealthy...they want to forestall age, death...There's a mad sort of logic to it, after all when you've accrued more money than you can ever spend in one lifetime...what's left, they want a longer lifetime, eternal youth.
    Last edited by Passenger; 15th March 2023 at 08:30.

Poor sod. Obviously a nut job. Sounds like another species of narcissism to me.

Blog Entries
    Growing old is part of the natural order of things - not that you shouldn't aspire to be as healthy as possible, of course you should. However, growing old in itself, is nothing to be afraid of - it's not as if you can stop it, so might as well embrace it.

My 2p.
    Last edited by vagabond; 15th March 2023 at 09:57.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'll live the way I live, I'll eat the things I eat, and I'll die the way I'll die - Ron Swanson.

I'm too old to die young; that'll do me.

Bit of TRT and jobs a goodun’

Seems to be most popular option with Bezos , Rogan etc.

And the young blood wheeze,

https://www.businessinsider.com/ways...ryonics-2019-8

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/artic...b-95f637a9dc2e

Shades of Countess Bathory, Dracula, nothing new under the sun.
    Last edited by Passenger; 15th March 2023 at 10:24.

Master
    Don't we all have a portrait in the attic? Surely the easiest way.

Master
    Who needs to stay young when you can live forever.

In a jar?

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Craftsman
    I've already made it farther than I thought I would. Pretty happy about that tbh. Life is a gift and the inevitable decline into mortality part of that gift. Who knows what comes next? Eternal nothingness? Heaven (or Hell!)? Reincarnation? Return to your home planet? It's a glorious mystery!

Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    In a jar?
    Like a gay Hugh Hefner then?

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    In a jar?
    The old joke: “I've the body of a young man! If the police find out, I'm in trouble…”

It’s his money and he’s not hurting anyone so fill-yer-boots kid. I can see how it becomes addictive. Bit of a bummer if he gets hit by a bus though.

Master
    The words of George Burns...

If had taken my doctor's advice and quit smoking when he advised me to, I wouldn't have lived to go to his funeral.
    ____

I don't care about aging myself, but I do keep in good shape (three 2.5 hour full body workouts a week) and eat carefully and well.

I get taken for being in my late 20's all the time, which is pleasant as I'm 47. Must be working.

Grand Master
    Only 1 thing worse than getting old.

Not getting old.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Growing old is part of the natural order of things - not that you shouldn't aspire to be as healthy as possible, of course you should. However, growing old in itself, is nothing to be afraid of - it's not as if you can stop it, so might as well embrace it.

My 2p.

My thoughts exactly.

Correct. My mother died at 43 and I’ve used this mantra ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Only 1 thing worse than getting old.

Not getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post

I don't care about aging myself, but I do keep in good shape (three 2.5 hour full body workouts a week) and eat carefully and well.

I get taken for being in my late 20's all the time, which is pleasant as I'm 47. Must be working.
    I used to be able to bend an iron bar over my erection back in the day - my wrists are now not as strong as they used to be.........
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Getting old is a bind. I would love to have the body of a 25 year old with an old head on my shoulders.

Youth is wasted on the young.

Blog Entries
    I enjoy getting older. I’ve never been this fit before as I have more time to take care of myself and those that I love. (Walk 5 or 6 miles a day - work out 3 times a week - eat whole foods enjoy a glass of wine etc). Life is great.

As for the original post - complete nut case. As a 61 year old I realise I don’t look 25 but I was quite sick when I was in my 20s so would not want to be 20 again.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 16th March 2023 at 22:29.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    I used to be able to bend an iron bar over my erection back in the day - my wrists are now not as strong as they used to be.........
    Hahaha! Excellent sir.

Master
    'Too old to live, too young to die.'

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Correct. My mother died at 43 and I’ve used this mantra ever since.
    A girl "friend " at the gym during spin class on Monday stopped because she had an headache,11pm rushed into hospital sadly passed away yesterday due to a brain haemorrhage.She was a single parent at only 32 with 3 young children.
    Just drives home the harsh reality how our lives can be snatched away in a heartbeat.

RIP Stacey.....Ill miss you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post

My 2p.
    Agreed... I'm still in my 30s, but my philosophy is very much aligned with yours. Try to live the best life you can, age gracefully, bow out when your time comes. Or ,you know, you can measure your every bowel movement and stray fart and then still die of a heart attack or get hit by a car.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    A girl "friend " at the gym during spin class on Monday stopped because she had an headache,11pm rushed into hospital sadly passed away yesterday due to a brain haemorrhage.She was a single parent at only 32 with 3 young children.
    Just drives home the harsh reality how our lives can be snatched away in a heartbeat.

RIP Stacey.....Ill miss you so much.
    So so sad to hear stories like this, hearing young people go is just tragic especially with kids, as I get older friends and family are getting ill/pass away and it does make me feel like I have dodged a bullet somehow even though I know that time will come.

Funnily enough I'm just looking at getting more fit and trying to lower my resting heart rate, heading towards 50 is quite scary!!

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    heading towards 50 is quite scary!!
    50? Bloody 50? You wait until you're my age mate. It's like being the only lemming facing inland. All the others are hurtling past you and diving off the cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    50? Bloody 50? You wait until you're my age mate. It's like being the only lemming facing inland. All the others are hurtling past you and diving off the cliff.
    Every age is a stage!

Master
    Keep replacing bits? Nah, when I go I want to arrive at the gates of Hell sideways wreathed in tyre smoke with a completely worn out body, that lived every moment at max revs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitfitter View Post
    Keep replacing bits? Nah, when I go I want to arrive at the gates of Hell sideways wreathed in tyre smoke with a completely worn out body, that lived every moment at max revs.
    Devils' got all the best tunes.

32 is tragically young, but hell, why would anyone worry about being 50, unless they're obese, alcoholic or a heavy smoker?

If you have a health condition, fine, but every day is a challenge then. If not, either start exercising, drinking less or giving up smoking or if you're just going a bit bald/grey and aren't quite as quick as you were, don't compound your minor problems by worrying about things you aren't going to change.

Honestly, getting old isn't that great. My mum is 92 this year, still physically pretty fit, but worries about everything. I'll be happy not to live like that personally.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?