closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cordless Vacuum Cleaner - What do you recommend?

Cordless Vacuum Cleaner - What do you recommend?

We've just sent our old Dyson V10 to vacuum cleaner heaven and whilst it was 'OK' it always felt quite cheap (for the money) and was always getting blocked with dirt (as others will have experienced) so really considering moving away from the brand.

There are some obvious alternatives and I can read the reviews from various on-line sources but curious to real life experiences on here.

Those candidates seem to be Gtech, Shark, Samsung, Bosch and all seem well reviewed and badly reviewed in equal measure

We already have a proper corded Miele hoover which has been great but miss the convenience for quick a blast around the downstairs rooms which are all timer/tiled affairs.

Any strong recommendations from the group for something under £400?

Cheers.

P.S. I did do a search on this but most comments where 5-7 years old so thought it was worth asking again.

Craftsman
    We've has a succession of Dysons but got fed up with their just-out-of-warranty demise. We now have the Samsung Jet 90 Pet which we bought new in one of the eBay voucher 20% off deals from Coop I think. It's excellent. Better suction than the Dyson, bigger bin and it really is good with the floor brushes. The battery life is fine - on Turbo it last 8-10 minutes I'd guess but more like 25+ on regular (but who uses that!). Mum now has one too to replace her Dyson and it's replaced her upright too - real praise from a woman who vacuums every day at least.

I’m a big fan of G-Tech. They seem to be well built and plenty of suck

Top four on Which are
    1. Miele Triflex HS2
    2. Dyson V11 Absolute
    3, Dyson V11 Torque Drive
    4. Samsung Bespoke Jet

Given that they are all within 1% of each other in the scores, go for #2, the cheapest.

Master
    Our old Dyson DC44 had been fading for some time giving only 20-30 mins on normal and about 3 mins on boost.
    So we bought a Shark battery anti hair wrap and it's been great. Good suck and easy to manoeveur.
    However I thought I might as well get a new battery for the Dyson and it has really transformed it for £26. I've also modified it so battery is easy to swap. It's been re-purposed for car cleaning and small jobs.

Master
    Can’t fault our Shark

Master
    Gtech are now made in China. Quality control has taken a hit!

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

The Miele Triflex is incredible.

Over your £400 budget, but we use ours every day (we have house cats and I am mildly allergic to them) and the power and versatility continues to impress.

We bought ours in 2020, to put that into context.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Dyson V11 absolute here. Got a referb off their eBay store for £250. Looks brand new.

That was coming from a V8 which lasted ages. The V11 is a lot more powerful and the battery lasts about 40mins on medium. 11 mins on high which sounds like a harrier taking off.

Master
    Binned a working Dyson in a fit of anti Dyson rage and bought a Shark. Superb bit of kit.

Having just dealt with Dyson again over one of their lamps, I’ll never darken their doors again, useless.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My mother's Gtech build quality is poor, replaced with a shark and it's different gravy. Vax has done ok for me over the last 10 years

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    My mother's Gtech build quality is poor, replaced with a shark and it's different gravy. Vax has done ok for me over the last 10 years
    We had an original GTech, which was great but the Chinese made one (bought at the end of 2022) has been a disaster with wobbly handle and floor scraping/screeching from front air seal (modified by me to stop it!). If it aint broke, don't fix (modify) it Graham!

The "New" 2023 model may be better but the 2022 one that we got wasn't!

Master
    We’ve got a Hoover HF500 Pet edition. We tend to only use it for the stairs or crevices to be honest as we use the Eufy Robot for the main stuff. Miles below your budget, as it’s currently on sale direct from Hoover (£199 down from £299).
    We get about 10mins on turbo, which is pretty much what the specs say. It could do with having a bigger bin but it’s really easy to empty so no real issue.

Craftsman
    We are actually pretty happy with our Dyson V10

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Thanks for various replies and tbh it’s what I suspected i.e. equal criticism and recommendation for a Dyson and then a few others.

We had a good like at the Miele in the Bluewater shop but wasn’t keen on the usability when changing from long to short versions.

Im kinda drawn to the Shark options but need to have a closer look at feel and form function.

Ta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My most recent cordless was a Shark IZ300UKT from QVC, but it stopped picking up after 10 months, so was returned last month for a full refund. Years ago we had a Dyson corded but found it lost suction just outside warranty. I'm just sticking with my trust Henry for now (as the default industrial hoover, surely it's good enough for me).

Master
    Blog Entries
    Our Vax as been faultless for the last three years.

Master
    Dyson V10, had it a few years now, bought a new head and battery after it started to fail, took the thing apart (easy) now working as good as new again, love it. At least either aftermarket or OEM parts are readily available to DIY.

Master
    Got a battery shark for day to day cleaning can't fault it but still get the old Henry out for big jobs or DIY clean ups

We bought a Shark cordless, my wife used it for two days and hated it so boxed it up and in the attic it went and a new Dyson bought, expensive but happy wife and as we all know "Happy wife not such an unhappy life" :)

We've had a Vax Onepwr for a while and it's been (and still is) a super bit of kit.

Over budget, but I’ve just added a Dyson V15 and apart from battery life, in a 3 floor house, it’s really good. I might buy a spare battery, but Dyson pricing is pretty high.

I have an older (I think it’s a V8) handheld, that I’ve just bought a cheap supposedly higher powered aftermarket battery for, and it’s transformed too - great for the car

I considered the top of the range Samsung, as they were running an offer, and gave a part-Ex offer too, that made it slightly cheaper than the Dyson, but using bags again put me off. & they wouldn’t deliver to my post code. Dyson then ran a discount offer with some additional accessory version, and delivered within 3 days.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    Thanks for various replies and tbh it’s what I suspected i.e. equal criticism and recommendation for a Dyson and then a few others.

We had a good like at the Miele in the Bluewater shop but wasn’t keen on the usability when changing from long to short versions.

Im kinda drawn to the Shark options but need to have a closer look at feel and form function.

Ta.

In nearly 3 years I have never had an issue with this. You can click the long attachment off and fit the short pet brush (or vice versa) in about 3 seconds!

I’m very happy with my Milwaukee 18V vacuum. It’s very powerful and robust enough to be used when renovating etc. All my cordless tools share the same batteries so I always have a couple of them topped up

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cbh View Post
    Dyson V10, had it a few years now, bought a new head and battery after it started to fail, took the thing apart (easy) now working as good as new again, love it. At least either aftermarket or OEM parts are readily available to DIY.
    We have a V8 Absolute bought new in 2015 and it is used for the whole house once per day plus any other 'fluff emergencies' deemed serious enough by the missus throughout each day. Last year, it started to feel a bit tired and the battery wasn't lasting as long so replaced head and battery and it's like new again. Would definitely replace with another Dyson when its time comes.

Dyson 30% sale on eBay. Code is DYSONFLASH30

https://www.ebay.co.uk/e/_electronics/30-off-dyson-2408

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Over budget, but I’ve just added a Dyson V15 and apart from battery life, in a 3 floor house, it’s really good. I might buy a spare battery,
    Annoying thing with mine (V12 Animal, from memory) is that the battery secures with some tiny screws so no good for switching batteries regularly. Is that the same for all models?

Master
    Originally bought a Dyson V6 on offer a few years ago and bought the V10 when it came out.
    Use the V6 for cars and stairs and the V10 everywhere else. They’ve both been excellent.

I actually came across an ad for a Henry Quick cordless just yesterday.

I have absolute faith in Henry products so I might give this a good looking at in the near future.

£ 250 I think it was priced at which does seem competitive in the cordless vac arena ??

Shark is my recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    I actually came across an ad for a Henry Quick cordless just yesterday.
    Mumsnet seems to like it - https://www.mumsnet.com/reviews/henr...cleaner-review

Shark is the best one we’ve had.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael 38 View Post
    Got a battery shark for day to day cleaning can't fault it but still get the old Henry out for big jobs or DIY clean ups
    This, rechargeable Shark for the detail (e.g. top of skirting boards) or quick clean ups and a Henry for the big jobs, including car.