closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: who do we use for low cost straps

who do we use for low cost straps

ok ,so fancy some soft leather straps for the Pam,who's cheap ? i sometimes baulk at some strap prices (yorkshire man)

“we”?

You are Margaret Thatcher and I claim my £5.

Craftsman
    CNS watch bands
    Ziczac leather

Quote Originally Posted by peter2704 View Post
    ok ,so fancy some soft leather straps for the Pam,who's cheap ? i sometimes baulk at some strap prices (yorkshire man)
    Correct we Yorkshire men can be tight ,but what you calling cheap,panerais are all about straps and it’s worth putting something decent on .
    The best thing is to buy used off of sc.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Cousins will be hard to beat for price/value. Plenty of choice and quality is excellent (from another Yorkshireman).

Master
    I'd second Ziczac, the straps are excellent and the chap really good to work with.

I needed a replacement strap for a Cellini - I tried Rolex, and they could supply 'a strap', but it was very different than the one which came with the watch. I sent Ziczac a photo and description of the knackered old strap, and absolutely nailed a replacement. Great quality, and looked identical.

Have used for everything from Cellini dress through Panerai, and always worked very well.

Master
    Toshi or Pavel.

Pennies in comparison to the cost of the watch, way better than anything else.

Grand Master
    I buy straps from Cousins, generally good value for money and their range is huge.

Baler twine used to be good until it all went plastic.

Ukwatchstraps always have a big selection at competitive prices.

My first stop when looking for straps.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Keep them coming ,i did used Martu once and like the strap they sold me,will see if they are still going

Master
    If you really want cheap then look at Aliexpress! Quality? - well as far as I can see, they are exact same prodcuts sold by UK retailers at several times the price.

Every single strap I've bought from Watches Etc has been absolutely top quality - their single-pass and FKM rubber are especially good.

Craftsman
    Pavel made a lovely strap for my Speedmaster for very little outlay. I'd definitely recommend him.

Master
    You'll never want for more in a strap, and at £50 you'd have to spend four times that to get anything even approaching similar in quality.

And Rich is a great bloke to deal with...

A colour for every taste!

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...or-sale-Dealer

I've got Condor Elite straps on several of my watches.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252164896...3ABFBMvsuq49ph

Master
    Blog Entries
    Matteo at Torres straps

You probably need to let us know what you mean by cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Every single strap I've bought from Watches Etc has been absolutely top quality - their single-pass and FKM rubber are especially good.
    just ordered one to try ,i liked the fact it goes from 24mm to 22mm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    You probably need to let us know what you mean by cheap.

I think £50 would be my max.....and has to taper from 24/22mm
    Last edited by peter2704; 12th March 2023 at 18:58.

I always use John at black_isle_leatherwork here is a review I did about them they only cost £35 posted
    john.keiller@gmail.com

https://youtu.be/hRj4tQYshZk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Matteo at Torres straps
    Best strap I’ve ever had made, but I wouldn’t call him cheap. Worth it imho though

Craftsman
    I would agree that the previously mentioned, Cheap Nato Straps are good and very cheap, Martu are less cheap but good. I agree with the comments about Cousins being cheap and a great range but I have found the service to be lacking (maybe just me though)

I have my Pam on a Vario Tweed and I think it works well.

Good luck searching,

I would agree that the previously mentioned Cheap Nato Straps and are good I would agree that the previously mentioned Cheap Nato Straps and are good I would agree that the previously mentioned Cheap Nato Straps and are good

Why do you want to put a watch that’s worth thousands of pounds on a cheap strap?

Master
    Watch gecko/geckota are decent

Watchobsession.
    Great value.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gshort67 View Post
    Why do you want to put a watch that’s worth thousands of pounds on a cheap strap?

That's easy... to save money for more watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Or risk losing it from a dodgy strap , I learnt the hard way and bought cheapish, wasn’t happy with the quality, now I would only buy from 3 strap makers, 4 if the one that is on order is what I hope it will be. Each to their own.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    Best strap I’ve ever had made, but I wouldn’t call him cheap. Worth it imho though
    I think his prices have gone up now he’s more widely known. Amazing quality though for the money.

Grand Master
    Regardless of price paid I advise people to check the integrity and condition of straps regularly, the leather can become very dry over the years and eventually resembles cardboard.......with similar strength! Despite looking OK the leather will tear very easily , I’ve used this to advantage when removing a grotty old strap from a watch sent to me for restoration, easier than trying to move ancient springbars.

Whilst I still buy straps from Cousins I’ve been frustrated by the way they change suppliers which leads to inconsistency with quality and details. Another problem with Cousins is getting them to accept a return if the item proves to be faulty or goes wrong shortly after purchase. However, for straps under £20 its well worth looking at what they offer.

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless of price paid I advise people to check the integrity and condition of straps regularly, the leather can become very dry over the years and eventually resembles cardboard.......with similar strength! Despite looking OK the leather will tear very easily , I’ve used this to advantage when removing a grotty old strap from a watch sent to me for restoration, easier than trying to move ancient springbars.

Whilst I still buy straps from Cousins I’ve been frustrated by the way they change suppliers which leads to inconsistency with quality and details. Another problem with Cousins is getting them to accept a return if the item proves to be faulty or goes wrong shortly after purchase. However, for straps under £20 its well worth looking at what they offer.

Master
    I often use ukwatchstrap. Always arrived very quickly and have a good selection

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gshort67 View Post
    Or risk losing it from a dodgy strap , I learnt the hard way and bought cheapish, wasn’t happy with the quality, now I would only buy from 3 strap makers, 4 if the one that is on order is what I hope it will be. Each to their own.

There is that.

I only use the original bracelets or a Toshi or Pavel. Wouldn't entertain anything else these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    I'd also add - a great many expensive NATOs and rubber (s.l.) straps are all made in the same Chinese factories as the ebay/Amazon stuff - the rest is marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    Excellent shout - I do too - their prices for the top quality high-end German stuff are very good indeed, and they post very fast IME.

one ordered from Andy at watchsetc and its a great strap ,and for 12pounds a bit if a bargain so ordered another colour .And one from Martu straps in colombia i think ?

Craftsman
    Another vote for Cheap NATO Straps

https://cnswatchbands.com

I find them fantastic value for money and have bought many. Delivery is quick and I’ve not had a problem. If you buy five you’ll receive a 20% discount, and delivery to UK is free for untracked and £4 or £5 for tracked. The leather and suede straps I’ve purchased are very comfortable.

Pebro straps bought off eBay are nice too, and made more substantially and in my experience are likely to last longer. They’re not as initially comfortable though, probably due to this.

Watchgecko used to be good value, and had some excellent sales, though they seem to have gone upmarket with quality and prices recently, and I’m no longer tempted by their sales either.

Craftsman
    This may not show how comfortable the strap is, but for what it’s worth here’s a CNS nubuck strap

Another vote for Watchesetc. Fantastic service.

Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    I've had several from them, both leather and Nato, all very good and excellent prices.
    F.T.F.A.

Just followed the good reverend of this parish with a home made strap using 20mm webbing strap, and a couple of old bits from the strap drawer.

I like it, plus it's very comfy. Longevity may be a different issue though.

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk