closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: While I'm patiently waiting for the AD to allocate me some watches

Craftsman

While I'm patiently waiting for the AD to allocate me some watches

So I'm currently waiting, with the patience of a saint, for a fluted/jubilee blue DJ41 & a no-date Sub from a large chain AD. My humble collection at present consists of a BB58, an Explorer & a white Seamaster, along with a 556a & Casioak. The idea is to flip the Seamaster when I get the call for a new Rolex.

In the meantime, I've noticed I'm barely wearing the Seamaster, despite it being an objectively lovely watch, because I just really like the Explorer & the BB58.

Now it's probably going to be a while before the AD comes through, so I'm wondering about trading the Seamaster for something else to tide me over while I wait. Again, the plan would be probably to sell whatever I buy (or maybe one of the others if I grow to love it) on to part-fund a new Rolex when the time comes.

Main criteria:

- pre-owned
    - up to £4k
    - not too small, ideally 40-42mm
    - has a reasonable chance of competing with the Explorer/BB58 for wrist time
    - relatively saleable as & when

Pics for interest, any suggestions much appreciated. 0_IMG_20230228_201340.jpg0_Screenshot_20221007_183841_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    And the Seamaster of course:1_IMG_20210628_204049.jpg

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have 3 “main” watches.

BB58, Explorer 36mm and … an IWC Mark XX, I think the latter would work to your criteria. There was a nice green one on SC for a little over your budget.

IWC Mark XX or the earlier XVIII is a good shout. Be warned though it may recalibrate your perception of size such that the Explorer and BB58 may seem too small. This is exactly what happened to me.

It seems you like the Rolex / Tudor way of doing things, so how about a Tudor GMT? I think it’s different enough from your BB58 and should be easy enough to sell on when the time comes.

Get a chrograph. A speedie would be the obvious choice given your criteria but lots of other options too.

You might also consider a GMT. I’d personally get an SBGM221

Master
    Another shout out for the IWC MK XVIII or XX on a bracelet. Lovely watches and the best bracelet and clasp of any watch I have owned.

Craftsman
    Not sure if those pictures actually posted, apologies if not.

IWC is a great shout, and yes to a chrono or GMT would be nice, having never had either. Never loved the speedmaster despite really trying to over the years. Always preferred a navitimer, but the ones I like are a little out of my price range for this exercise. I also wondered about a GS snowflake, although I'm not a massive fan of the lack of heft. Maybe the silver birch spring drive one day.

What about a Tudor black bay chrono ?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app