closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favourite Timefactors watch in your collection?

Everest + Commander

Both get worn for days and fit like a glove on my 7 1/4" very round wrist. While the Everest appears small, I soon forget looking at the dial. The thicker Commander is surprisingly comfortable. Not a huge fan of faux lume but it works with the flashy satin black dial/bezel.

The Black Traveller will be difficult to resist!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbmike View Post
    Both get worn for days and fit like a glove on my 7 1/4" very round wrist. While the Everest appears small, I soon forget looking at the dial. The thicker Commander is surprisingly comfortable. Not a huge fan of faux lume but it works with the flashy satin black dial/bezel.

The Black Traveller will be difficult to resist!
    I definitely agree with you on the black Traveller plus I think that both models will sell out super fast and more likely be harder to obtain than the Commander IMO.

At one time I owned 5, but the 40mm Everest and Dreadnought Voyager have gone now. The Everest partly because I bought the 36mm version when it came out, a watch I'd long hoped for - if only the lugs were 18mm though! The Dreadnought was partly a victim of my changing taste in what the maximum size I'll wear is. The final straw for both was a continuing quest to reduce my number of possessions. Of course with them also went a good number of 22mm straps. They were both bought by a pal at different times and I still see them on his wrist quite often in my local, thankfully with no hint of sellers remorse here. Of the 3 that are left I can't honestly say I have a favourite as they're all quite different . . .

F.T.F.A.

I've had a few Timefactors watches though currently only own..

PRS-17C
    PRS-3LE (orange)
    PRS-48

So why did I flip the others?

PRS-55 Yellow/blue bezel Caribbean, a watch I so wanted to own, fabulous bracelet, excellent case but the non dive bezel, a no no for me.

PRS-25EXP Lovely dial, great size 36mm, but 20mm lug width? Whenever I glanced at the watch I couldn't help thinking that 18mm would have worked better.

PRS-54 Trans-global (cream) lovely dial and bracelet 38mm great size and the 20mm lug width worked, but I'm not yet a ''dress watch'' bloke.

PRS-60 Commander, case size, lug width, drilled lugs excellent, dial and bezel just too blingy for me, just too much ''hey look at me'', wore it once down the pub but every-time I looked at it - ouch!

PRS-56 Mission Timer, fantastic, the right size and was even able to forgive the 22mm lug width, the ability to independently move the hour hand is magical but, why oh why did they hide the running seconds hand behind the chrono hand, swap the dial round in the case, have the pushers on the right and the running seconds at the bottom and I'll be first in the queue.

PRS-52 Baby Dreadnought (black) My wrist is around 21cm yet the size of the BD was perfect in every way, at the time I felt I had too many watches, within a week I had ''sellers regret'', - I'll probably have to buy another

It's fun being a Timefactors fan, sure being picky there are watches that don't always work for me but the journey is interesting and as importantly - affordable.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Love my cream dial Transglobal, stick it on a nato dresses it down somewhat imho and it's a robust, waterproof stunner, fit for everything bar diving, which I don't. Gorgeous case design, sinuous., who really needs lume anyway.
    Last edited by Passenger; 7th May 2023 at 14:35.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    At one time I owned 5, but the 40mm Everest and Dreadnought Voyager have gone now. The Everest partly because I bought the 36mm version when it came out, a watch I'd long hoped for - if only the lugs were 18mm though! The Dreadnought was partly a victim of my changing taste in what the maximum size I'll wear is. The final straw for both was a continuing quest to reduce my number of possessions. Of course with them also went a good number of 22mm straps. They were both bought by a pal at different times and I still see them on his wrist quite often in my local, thankfully with no hint of sellers remorse here. Of the 3 that are left I can't honestly say I have a favourite as they're all quite different . . .

Some fine shots there Bob, makes them even better looking.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    Some fine shots there Bob, makes them even better looking.
    Thank you Richard. The PRS-5 Broadarrow is my nominated pub watch for the coming weekend! ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    My first "proper" mechanical watch. Will stay with me.

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wotsthecrack View Post
    My first "proper" mechanical watch. Will stay with me.
    A true classic. We don't often see those here.
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    I only own one timefactors watch, the PRS-22 GMT, it’s a fantastic watch:

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido-K View Post
    I only own one timefactors watch, the PRS-22 GMT, it’s a fantastic watch:
    Very nice, also had my eye on the Speedbird GMT....looks great.

The Smiths Everest 40mm Sapphire is my favourite, it’s one of my most worn watches in the collection.

Aventurine Everest for me simply because the dial doesn't look anything like my other watches

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    A true classic. We don't often see those here.
    I love it, with the Valjoux 7750 the rotor wobbles on the wrist and when you put it down. Makes it feel alive.

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Carmania at the mo - just reminder I need tosend it off for a service - aventurine will get a first outing I think

In order… 18A (Eddie’s best watch by a country mile, the side profile is just… ace. The BB finish on mine is buggered and I would give my left doodah for a fresh minty one… c’mon Eddie… you know I’m not the only one!), Speedbird 3 (admittedly no longer in my collection as I let it go like the fool I am), 20 full lume (just a great, fun, summer evening watch). 29B as a close 4th. Bought it to replace my Speedbird, but it’s not the same. I also have the white baby dreadnought, but it doesn’t really do it for me, and I need to move it on. Same with my 40A.

I’ve also owned the 20LE, 50B, 82 (really couldn’t get on with the ‘erect dick’ minute hand), dreadnought voyager (made me realise that BB bracelets are not a good idea for me), 25 (another attempt to replace the Speedbird, but it didn’t work out), 5 (lovely, just a touch too thick).

SydR

Favourite Timefactors watch in your collection?

By default, as I only own one, my favourite is the Speedbird III, PRS-22, the I’ve only got a couple of photos of it at the moment as it’s been back with Eddie for seven weeks now. Developed a problem after owning it ~1 month (sticking reversing wheels) so was sent back to be sorted.

Hope he feels better soon.

Journeyman