closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rolex Predictions 2023 – The New Models Rolex Might Launch During Watches and Wonders

Master

Rolex Predictions 2023 – The New Models Rolex Might Launch During Watches and Wonders

Some fun projections of possible Rolex models. Some of these look good - two tone isn't my thing, but the gold Explorer 1 is rather nice

https://monochrome-watches.com/rolex...y-date-tridor/

Craftsman
    The Rolex Listmaster, it counts time in years and has an abacus to count your visits to the AD while you wait for another watch.

It only comes in blue or green and isn’t available anywhere. Not even to view. Except on Instagram.

The Dreammaster. One can hope.

Actually, that Ti/blue sub is bloody stunning.

Last edited by learningtofly; 28th February 2023 at 22:23.

Gammon-Master.

Liver spot dial, bracelet slightly too tight with a cloaking device which prevents it being photographed.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Blog Entries
    For the first time in a while I really don't care. I'm more looking forward to seeing what Zenith, Breguet, Blancpain et al come up with

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post

Can’t imagine a titanium blue sub. The colour is too strongly linked to gold. Maybe white or all grey. TBF, none of them are particularly likely.

Something with the Milgaus must surely be coming, it seems like everything else has recently been remodelled.

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    For the first time in a while I really don't care.
    I thought that too after last year's upside down GMT abomination. But maybe the design team got a roasting and will pull it out the bag this year and do something the customers actually asked for.

Tudor usually has a more interesting event.

Wish list (which means it will never happen)

-YM42 no date titanium as spotted on Ben Ainsley
    -WG DD40 onyx dial
    -42mm Daytona

Expecting:
    All Daytonas to carry a ceramic bezel
    SkyDweller PM on Oysterflex
    A new Daytona would be a strong possibility
    Milgauss finally gone/replaced
    Possibly a black GMT
    OP range with some more colours but not Stella dial colours
    Small chance of Cellini addition/s (doubtful)

All gold explorer with green dial.
    Milgauss with crown guards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Sub and Daytona anniversary I believe. So would be very surprised if there aren’t models to mark that.

Hulk dial to come back could easily happen for the sub.

Special edition Daytona colour scheme or as Wileeeeeey says refresh of the whole range.

I’m usually wrong though so expect none of the above.

A gold Explorer would be perfect... way beyond what I'd spend, but the steel 39mm and gold 36mm two-watch combo would be all I'd ever need!

The Rolex 'not-a-rehash-of-the-same-conservative-stuff-we've-dished-out-for-ever' Chronometer.

This mythical watch, powered by a Superlative-Drive quartz/mechanical hybrid movement is made out of titanium, absolutely bears no reference to Oysters (that notorious fearsome marine creature) anywhere on the dial and is readily available for walk-ins to buy.

Master
    I'd agree that the Ti blue sub looks super but also agree blue = precious metal for the sub so it's unlikely. Surely the sub and Daytona are 2 of if not the 2 most iconic Rolex watches, so marking their anniversary seems pretty important but.... Who knows, Rolex rarely do much and last year they went big (for them). The design team is still worn out I'm sure.

Master
    For the first time in a while I really don't care. I'm more looking forward to seeing what Zenith, Breguet, Blancpain et al come up with

This

Craftsman
    I’m quite a interested to see what comes out of Rolex this year. The predictions are nice to see, and if you read enough of them, someone will be right.

Love the look of the blue sub and the gold explorer.

The irony of predicting what Rolex does this year are that the renders generally speaking look so much better than the actual releases! Sometimes there is a leak a day before but who cares really. Wait and see. After last year I am not excited(sprite -wtf).

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Master
    In my dreams, the Explorer 38, the Oyster Perpetual 38, the Datejust 38 with brushed bracelet, and a modern interpretation of the pre-Daytona.

In reality, they add 9mm to the Rainbow gem set Sky-dweller and make a two tone Submariner with a fluorescent pink dial.

More stuff very few people can actually get hold of. They'll probably take a deep, gorgeous blue and turn it into a washed-out paleness you'll never quite enjoy looking at, like the mushy-pea green LV bezel.

Quote Originally Posted by PSTW View Post
    The Rolex Listmaster, it counts time in years and has an abacus to count your visits to the AD while you wait for another watch.

It only comes in blue or green and isn’t available anywhere. Not even to view. Except on Instagram.
    It is in fact available, but you'll be put on a list and maybe be allocated one a decade down the line. In the meantime you can try to get the Rolex Listmaster II to count years spent on the Listmaster list.

Almost completely agree. The blue is gorgeous, but the red 'Submariner' looks cheap to me. Just keep it white, it doesn't need an extra colour.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I predict that on the 27th March we'll be flooded with calls asking for whatever has just been released and ill have the same "not released to market yet" conversation that ive had a thousand times before.

Other than that, I wonder if they'll be making more use of titanium and doing something with the Daytonas for the anniversary.
    Subs they might not touch as have fairly recently been refreshed to 41mm.

GMT Masters to 41 with AR?

Full Panda Daytona?

Craftsman
    Wow it’s that time again already !

Craftsman
    I'd like an unchanged re-issue of the Oysterquartz.

"Laysgenmen! Since purple is THE colour of 2023, I present to you, The Glansmariner:"

Quote Originally Posted by 459GMB View Post
    I'd like an unchanged re-issue of the Oysterquartz.
    Ooh yes that would be a nice addition. Over the last few years I have thought that the Oysterquartz, despite its age somehow looks fairly modern! Probably something to do with the AP styling!

I'd imagine they will have to mark the anniversaries of the Sub and Daytona with something. Beyond that I'm sure a RHD Sprite is on cards at some point. I read somewhere that introducing new colours to ceramic bezels is costly so they will want to get their money's worth out of that (just look at how long the BLNR has been around). Might not be this year though.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    "Laysgenmen! Since purple is THE colour of 2023, I present to you, The Glansmariner:"

I was going to call it ‘The Pucemaster’. I think ‘Glansmariner’ may pip it, while ‘Glansmaster’ sounds a little too much like a lady who works at a massage parlour.

Quote Originally Posted by PSTW View Post
    I was going to call it ‘The Pucemaster’. I think ‘Glansmariner’ may pip it, while ‘Glansmaster’ sounds a little too much like a lady who works at a massage parlour.
    Chortle!

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    Ooh yes that would be a nice addition. Over the last few years I have thought that the Oysterquartz, despite its age somehow looks fairly modern! Probably something to do with the AP styling!

Original starting to look better and better

Master
    My white dial Air-King 14200 looks like a little white dial Explorer so that would get the thumbs up from me.

Master
    Rolex passion report have posted a couple of Daytona models. True panda and silver dial.

The mock ups look stunning whether they come true or not. A decent educated guess at this point as maybe too early for a proper leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Rolex passion report have posted a couple of Daytona models. True panda and silver dial.

The mock ups look stunning whether they come true or not. A decent educated guess at this point as maybe too early for a proper leak.
    Thanks for that. I upset him a few years ago and he blocked me. He's called some releases right in the past so I'd say these Daytonas could be accurate. Any chance of embedding pics from his post here?

Master
    Agree he’s the main man at getting it right / close pre launch.

See below.

Many thanks. Be interesting to see what else he posts ;-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Many thanks. Be interesting to see what else he posts ;-)
    You can Google and see without an account on IG for future ref.

It’s always interesting to take a screenshot of rolex passion report’s instagram before and after the releases are public.

He throws up a bunch of stuff and deletes the ones which were miles off the second the truth is out.

I follow and unfollow him once per year to get an idea but wouldn’t assume he’s got a real inside scoop. He’s just in a WhatsApp group or two which we aren’t.

Prime example was when he put out the new BLNR as white gold only, got challenged in the comments, and deleted the entire post (along with others) when the press releases came out.

Agreed.

I can't see them doing a Daytona without the Cerachrom bezel. Personally I only got keen on the Daytona when that was introduced.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Agreed.

I can't see them doing a Daytona without the Cerachrom bezel. Personally I only got keen on the Daytona when that was introduced.
    You mean in steel? A good chunk of the precious metal ones don't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    It’s always interesting to take a screenshot of rolex passion report’s instagram before and after the releases are public.

He throws up a bunch of stuff and deletes the ones which were miles off the second the truth is out.

I follow and unfollow him once per year to get an idea but wouldn’t assume he’s got a real inside scoop. He’s just in a WhatsApp group or two which we aren’t.

Prime example was when he put out the new BLNR as white gold only, got challenged in the comments, and deleted the entire post (along with others) when the press releases came out.
    I'll keep my opinion of Philipp Stahl to myself (suffice to say it's not good) but I intrigued to see whether Rolex mark the 70th anniversary of Everest in any way, especially as this forum has been the key source of truth on that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    I'll keep my opinion of Philipp Stahl to myself (suffice to say it's not good) but I intrigued to see whether Rolex mark the 70th anniversary of Everest in any way, especially as this forum has been the key source of truth on that issue.
    If they do, presumably they'll mark it in the same way as they have for the last 60 years, without claiming to have been at the actual summit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    I’m interested to see if they do too.

Could also be a Daytona anniversary depending on if you use ‘73 or ‘75 as the start year and then the Sub too.

Based on the anniversary Explorer II however I don’t hold much hope.

Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    Yes, I do & should have said as much.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Yes, I do & should have said as much.
    Ye, I can't see any other variants of steel models. They can churn in precious metal ones at 3 times the price.

Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    That’s definitely going to be addressed for the precious metal variants I suspect. And I can see a new, larger 41mm case to signify the 60th anniversary too. And then next year those changes filter down to the Steel models too.

Don’t expect any big Submariner changes but maybe a couple of new configurations in the 41mm case.

I'd like to see a Ti Submariner with Oysterflex bracelet but they're more likely do something like this instead.

I realise that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it does look like a nice watch but for me it's just 'nice' and not particularly stunning.

I really like the gold Explorer despite the design/colour being 70/80's and I really like the white gold and green Daytona although would prefer the subdials to be non-green.

so nothing that I would be prepared to try and get on a waiting list for but a few that I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    You can Google and see without an account on IG for future ref.
    Thanks, been doing just that. Noticed he posted a full gold no date Sub yesterday. Can't see that happening.