closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 42mm Explorer 2 (216570) on 18cm wrist? Any experience please?

42mm Explorer 2 (216570) on 18cm wrist? Any experience please?

Been offered a black dial 42mm Explorer 2 (216570) at a seemingly reasonable price. Main concern is it will be too big for my 18cm wrist. Any similar wristed people with experience please? Wrist shots very welcome. Cheers.

Master
    My wrist is pretty much the same size and I found the latest version to be a very comfortable fit and a great size. It wears very well and is extremely legible.

Master

One of the best and most underrated in the line up IMO.

Why not try it on before you commit to buy? I’ve got the 42mm polar, very comfortable, 6.75” wrist, shape also matters. Check out previous Friday threads.

P.S. I found an old photo on my laptop. Not a great angle (not direct from above), I can take a better one tomorrow.

Last edited by jukeboxs; 27th February 2023 at 01:02. Reason: P.S. added

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Why not try it on before you commit to buy? I’ve got the 42mm polar, very comfortable, 6.75” wrist, shape also matters. Check out previous Friday threads.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I will do but right now I'm at the info gathering stage hence asking for help here. My wrists are more round than flat but I do have Linde Werdelins in the collection and can just about get away with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Chilli View Post
    My wrist is pretty much the same size and I found the latest version to be a very comfortable fit and a great size. It wears very well and is extremely legible.
    Many thanks. Looks good on you!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I would say it's not the watch head but the clasp on the Rolex line that's the biggest problem for chicken wrists like mine (6.5").

The move to the 41mm sub was agony as the clasp was as wide as my wrist, but flatter. My 40mm fits fine so sold the 41 on. Try before you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    I would say it's not the watch head but the clasp on the Rolex line that's the biggest problem for chicken wrists like mine (6.5").

The move to the 41mm sub was agony as the clasp was as wide as my wrist, but flatter. My 40mm fits fine so sold the 41 on. Try before you buy.
    Cheers Pete. I'm absolutely fine with the clasp size. New 41mm sub clasp is no issue to me.

I wear an Explorer II (126570) on my 6.75 inch wrist. It has a flat case-back and is not too thick which makes it a comfortable fit. Lug to lug is about as large as I would like to go, but overall it is a comfortable fit and a nice watch to own (goes well with a more casual look).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries with a 17cm wrist here… but as I say in every similar thread, it’s not the wrist circumference but the diameter that matters.

Crapatalk is playing up again, so no picture.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Chilli View Post

One of the best and most underrated in the line up IMO.
    And one of the most comfortable too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Toad monitor View Post
    And one of the most comfortable too.
    Agreed. Think it might be the flip lock instead of the glide lock, as well as the large flat case back.

Master
    Here’s mine, on my 17.5cm wrist… I find it very comfortable although I do have quite a flat wrist.

Andy.
    Last edited by gorrie; 27th February 2023 at 18:38.

UPDATE: I'd convinced myself that it was too big but when I tried it on, low and behold it was almost perfect. It's big but the SELs don't reach the edges of my wrists so it's all good. Very impressed and nice to have a Rolex back in the collection. They really are special watches. Love the flash of orange and the black dial helps to tone down the size. Cheers all.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    UPDATE: I'd convinced myself that it was too big but when I tried it on, low and behold it was almost perfect. It's big but the SELs don't reach the edges of my wrists so it's all good. Very impressed and nice to have a Rolex back in the collection. They really are special watches. Love the flash of orange and the black dial helps to tone down the size. Cheers all.
    I concur as I had the same thought of it wearing too big (my wrist is 17,5 - 18 cm), but it does not. Mine is a black 216570. Pretty sure though that the white version would appear too big, as the optics make it appears larger.

Quote Originally Posted by JCJM View Post
    I concur as I had the same thought of it wearing too big (my wrist is 17,5 - 18 cm), but it does not. Mine is a black 216570. Pretty sure though that the white version would appear too big, as the optics make it appears larger.
    I'm pretty sure the white dial would be too big for me. It's amazing how much bigger light dials wear!

Journeyman
    42 on a 18 will be fine

Try it on before you buy tho

Quote Originally Posted by Latza View Post
    42 on a 18 will be fine

Try it on before you buy tho
    Already did and bought it :-)