closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: the first Miyota 9075s are out....

Journeyman

the first Miyota 9075s are out....

The first Miyota 9075 based movements are coming out in my youtube feed, a Jack Mason and a Traska. Makes me very impatient for the Smiths version as I think it is superior with a no-date design and antimagnetic shielding. Like I predicted, those wanting a true GMT with a date can buy the billions and billions of different iterations the 9075 will spawn, but Smiths will stand alone as the only no-date version and with antimagnetic protection.

I went to Puerto Vallarta over Christmas, and I "agonized" over which watch to bring; in the end I brought a Nivada Grenchen Depthmaster. The watch I brought was important because I wasn't doing the whole resort thing - we were going free and easy and would mingle with locals. It was a superb vacation - we took the bus everywhere and ate where we wanted and stopped where we wanted. Now that I am back, I am even more determined to have the right watch for this "sort of vacation".

What I mean is, if you google "what watch to bring to Mexico" there are many pages of discussion. From "it's okay to bring your Rolex" to "you're going to lose your arm as well as your watch". For me, it's not so important that I don't get mugged, but that I don't get targetted and put my family in danger just so I can "show off". The Depthmaster was nice and didn't draw attention, but I want something more "adventury" looking to suit the mood I felt wandering arount PV - I think the Smiths Traveller is that watch. Hurry up Eddie!!!

ps. I had made a post in another thread about the virtues of no-date beauty, and I was totally affirmed in my decision. The depthmaster has a date function and not once did I look at it. it's simply not needed if you have a cellphone. You will look at your cellphone often enough to know what day you need to pack and get to the airport; the watch's only function is to be an aesthetic travel companion. I currently have a Tudor BB GMT, which I will wear to first world countries and I would wear the Smiths Traveller everywhere else.

I think it's wrth making a new thread!

I've always loved GMTs, and I had the window open for Trasker for a while. I might still leap at one, but I'm trying not to buy any more watches right now!

https://www.traskawatch.com/collections/venturer

Dammit now I've got the window open again...

Master
    That does look nice!

Craftsman
    Looks fantastic, love the crown shape & size...this would look perfect on the Everest line in favour the current Hamilton style IMO.

That is a nice GMT. Feel like I'm constantly on the fence with Traska, think it might be the colour palette that puts me off