closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Do you have ‘Time For Kids’

Master
    Blog Entries

Do you have ‘Time For Kids’

Some of you already know of an initiative I have started about giving old watches to less fortunate kids.

Through the kindness of some members, I’ve gathered in some old watches etc that I give to less fortunate kids in our community so they get to know what a ‘real’ watch is and how to tell the time. The joy and gratitude they show is a wonderful feeling that makes it all worthwhile.

The local headteacher is delighted to support this and helps find the right kids, managing the good feeling and any jagged remarks of favouritism or displeasure.

I’d like to share my “Time for Kids” initiative with you and have got the kind assent of Eddie.

So, I’d like to invite those who can, and have available, to donate to me their analogue watches that they no longer want or can spare - FOC. I don’t have funds to support this, just a spirit of doing some good. It’s not a charity and is simply an act of kindness to kids who maybe don’t have very much.

I’ll happily answer queries openly or by PM for any donations.

A chance for some of us to give back!

Jim

Master
    Blog Entries
    Many thanks to those who’ve pm’d me and offered kindly to send what they have. Really grateful

Jim

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcb View Post
    Many thanks to those who’ve pm’d me and offered kindly to send what they have. Really grateful

Jim
    Wee update for those interested.

Ive been inundated and blown away with humbling offers of watches and even a donation (now used to buy a bundle of watches for small people) from members on bike forum and two good, very kindly members on here.

Jim
    Last edited by Jimmcb; 25th February 2023 at 21:06.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Hello everyone
    Apologies for my radio silence. I was whipped into hospital for some surgery and only home now to see a fabulous set of parcels containing all sorts of watches.

Can’t thank those kindly people enough, especially from the UKGS Bike Forum who have been truly outstanding and contributed beyond my wildest dreams.

I’ll get round to sorting them all out and spread their allocation to local schools over time. Those that gave me expensive watches to sell I’ll do just that and get lots of cheaper, kiddies ones.

I’ve started a record of who, what, where and result. It makes remarkable reading!

As to the great donations I will put them towards purchases soon.

Thank you all again!!

Jim

Master
    Blog Entries
    Delighted to read the kindness you’ve displayed on here has been recorded by the local primary school - see link below.

As a result ‘Time For Kids’ is being offered to the other 3 local primary schools.

Can’t thank you all enough.

Jim

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/izu02wh5l...9_CWYypCa?dl=0

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wee update

Have now taken delivery of many watches and cash donations. So much so I’m spreading the kindness you’ve given to other schools and sea cadets who are looking for training aids that the kids can learn from.

I religiously do this anonymously other than the head teacher or group leader. The kids don’t know of names or source as it’s easier that way I feel.

Thanks again for the kindness I’ve received for which young folk get benefit.

Jim

Master
    Blog Entries
    Hi everyone

I gave out 5 of the watches donated today to a sea cadet group. They’ll be used as training aids and giveaways to deserving youngsters.

Thank you all again for YOUR kindness that enables this to happen!

Jim

Well done Jim.

A fantastic gesture. I have pm’d you.

Well done Sir.

Darren

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    Well done Jim.

A fantastic gesture. I have pm’d you.

Well done Sir.

Darren
    Thank you Darren that means a lot but it’s you guys who show the real kindness. I’m just the facilitator.

All the very best

Jim