closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tom Pidcock descending... Only for the brave

Blog Entries

Tom Pidcock descending... Only for the brave

A Dutch website posted this, to remind us all that the NW European Cycling Classics start next Saturday with the Omloop het Nieuwsblad. The Start is in Ghent, the finish in Ninove, all in Flandres. The 'Omloop' (loosely translated into 'round' or 'circle', 'circuit'). It's around 200 km climbing and turning the hills of east Flandres, including the cobble stones (the west is as flat as a pancake!).

Things get exciting in the red part of the route! With those insane hills & cobbles. MvdP and WvA do not start in Ghent (both start in the Strada Bianchi). So with them not competing, Pidcock will be a serious contender for the victory!

Last edited by thieuster; 22nd February 2023 at 15:25.

Balls and nerves of steel.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Master
    professional at work but not all his profession can do that. Have ridden with a couple of guys who could do that. One of them was painfully slow up a hill but going down the other side it was jaw dropping watching him. He had ridden motorbikes when he was younger he explained. I just thought he had a death wish. P

Also Pidcock!

If you've never ridden a TT bike, they're tough enough to keep in a straight line and whilst he probably came into the corner a bit hot, how he didn't end up binning this I'll never know.

He's maybe a better bike handler but every time someone posts a clip of someone riding a road bike fast downhill, I end up watching this afterwards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxXqQqAc2pA

Master
    Pidcock, what a monster he is, that's an open road too!!!

He's pretty good going the other way too.

https://road.cc/content/news/tom-pid...bra-kom-298121
    Last edited by cbh; 22nd February 2023 at 20:07.

Amazing rider, real hero but I do wonder if one day he'll have a bad crash

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Master
    A winter campaigning cyclo X bikes gives him out of this world bike handling skills.

it's jaw droppingly impressive - but i think MORE impressive is Safa keeping up with him. That he can keep Pidcock in sight on the road but also do the same to riders like Payson Mcelven on a gravel bike is seriously impressive.

Blog Entries
    As a reaction, Pidcock stated that there was a team car in front of them, making sure the road was safe. (I guess they were wearing an ear phone?). And T.P. want to emphasize the 'Don't try this yourself' rule.

Corinne Poulidor, daughter of Raymond P. and Mathieu vd Poel's mother posted on Twitter (in Dutch): "Mathieu, don't do this!"

Master
    Blog Entries
    He has the cocktail of talent, balls and youth. Good luck to him. A real hope for GBR cycling of greater things.

Blog Entries
    Dylan van Baarle yesterday. New chance today: K-B-K. Flemish tv had anice detail: the av speed uphill on Geraardsbergen. The best had an av speed of 22km/hr. For pro cyclists! It gives an idea how steep it is!

Blog Entries
    Pfff… Jumbo’s yellow & black Killer Bees again today. And remember: Wout van Aart hasn’t started yet.

Flemish TV had a nice observation: the number of British spectators ‘live’ in the streets is rising. Every year the number grows.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Cracking vid that really enjoyed it.

An amazing video of a hugely skillful descender and all round rider. I have driven both up and down that road several times but never cycled in California; my cycling days ended about 4 years ago.

Master
    Descending made the difference today. Great result.