closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PSA - Omega SMP Great White FS

Master

PSA - Omega SMP Great White FS

IMG_1579.JPG
    Saw this GMT Seamaster for sale in Deacons in Marlborough, Wilts, for sale today with a marked price of £1850. It doesn’t have box and papers and the shop didn’t know its service history but it seems like a reasonable price. Andy in the shop told me it was being sold on commission and had been with them for several years.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Applaud the sentiment but the picture could be better...

Master
    Sorry - failed attempt to reload photo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HappyJack; 11th February 2023 at 23:05.

Master
    Last edited by HappyJack; 11th February 2023 at 23:05.

I wonder if that’s my old one. It was going to be sold on commission but then was part exchanged for something else. Hard to tell from the picture though 😂

Master
    They said they’d had it for about five years.

Master
    To be fair Deacons are good chaps. No affiliation other than a satisfied customer.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

very good price for superb watch.

Might be the pic but it looks like it’s been kept in a bag of spanners

Quote Originally Posted by Normunds View Post
    very good price for superb watch.
    Agreed. I let it go because I’d bought it wanting a polar explorer ii, and it didn’t scratch that itch.

Silly as in practice it betters the Rolex in almost every way.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Might be the pic but it looks like it’s been kept in a bag of spanners
    Think it’s just the photo, very nice in the flesh

Quote Originally Posted by ej86 View Post
    Agreed. I let it go because I’d bought it wanting a polar explorer ii, and it didn’t scratch that itch.

Silly as in practice it betters the Rolex in almost every way.
    I scratched the same itch. It lasted some 15 years until I sold it to finance polar Explorer II.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    IMG_1579.JPG
    Saw this GMT Seamaster for sale in Deacons in Marlborough, Wilts, for sale today with a marked price of £1850. It doesn’t have box and papers and the shop didn’t know its service history but it seems like a reasonable price. Andy in the shop told me it was being sold on commission and had been with them for several years.

Thank you, this is now firmly attached to my wrist, very happy and didn’t expect to be buying one of these this weekend

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavs View Post
    Thank you, this is now firmly attached to my wrist, very happy and didn’t expect to be buying one of these this weekend
    Nicely done. I've never contemplated one but looks nice and a decent price too. Good heads up from the OP.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    Nicely done. I've never contemplated one but looks nice and a decent price too. Good heads up from the OP.
    Was only through this forum that I knew about the great white. Scratched two itches, white face and a GMT, all for a fraction of what I thought it would take for me. Huge thanks to OP. As others had mentioned had thought about Explorer 2 but significant cost and then would worry about where and when to wear, this I can happily wear anywhere anytime.

Master
    Was only through this forum that I knew about the great white. Scratched two itches, white face and a GMT, all for a fraction of what I thought it would take for me. Huge thanks to OP. As others had mentioned had thought about Explorer 2 but significant cost and then would worry about where and when to wear, this I can happily wear anywhere anytime.
    Congratulations! It’s a watch I’ve thought about getting for years and I might have beaten you to it, had I not been wearing my brand new Sinn EZM1.1S at the time. Hope you enjoy it.

I had one for a while and would happily have another if I could change the bezel (probably an easy swap for another seamaster bezel?), which never seemed quite right to me.

Journeyman
    i got one off subdial, wearing it now and love it.
    welcome to the club lad!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    I had one for a while and would happily have another if I could change the bezel (probably an easy swap for another seamaster bezel?), which never seemed quite right to me.
    I prefer this option:

“ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Congratulations! It’s a watch I’ve thought about getting for years and I might have beaten you to it, had I not been wearing my brand new Sinn EZM1.1S at the time. Hope you enjoy it.
    Thank you, over the moon with it and really do appreciate you posting on here about it, half expected it to have gone when I got there!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TROYBOY79 View Post
    i got one off subdial, wearing it now and love it.
    welcome to the club lad!!
    Many thanks, not left my wrist since buying on Saturday

I once was a bit obsessed with this particular model. I wouldn’t claim to be completely cured, but have at least downsized to a number that falls within the description of normal.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post
    I once was a bit obsessed with this particular model. I wouldn’t claim to be completely cured, but have at least downsized to a number that falls within the description of normal.
    I think a conversation on normal might be appropriate but I just know you'll have your reasons. Nice threesome though

Congrats, that was brilliant price. These are a great watch, I've owned mine quite a few years now. There are quite a few on this forum, we must have a pretty decent number of them here on TZ considering they are far from commonly seen.