closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ulcerative colitis

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Sorry to hear that, Duncan. Hope all is going to plan though.
    Watching dad slowly slip away. The feeling of complete and utter helplessness is crushing.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    Watching dad slowly slip away. The feeling of complete and utter helplessness is crushing.
    Know how you feel Duncan, my Father in law passed away last month after a very brief struggle, 5 weeks from diagnosis to death. It was an awful experience watching him decline so quickly. Best wishes mate.

Thanks all. Feeling a bit sorry for myself if I'm honest - need to just get on with it, though, and whinging isn't going to help.
    Dude you were apparently 2 weeks away from dead and now have a second chance...buck up man.

Only just seen this thread Tony (and now explains the Friday thread picture). Chin up and hope your recuperation goes without a hitch.

So sorry, Duncan - thoughts are with you.

Best wishes Tony, just picked up on this thread also. Not so regular a visitor these days!

Here’s to a speedy recovery mate, and second chances!
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

So sorry to hear this Dunc, it's a truly horrible experience.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Thanks all. Feeling a bit sorry for myself if I'm honest - need to just get on with it, though, and whinging isn't going to help.
    I find it helps a bit Tone.

You're entitled.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Just saw this.
    Wish you a speedy recovery,Tony
    Assume a panproctocolectomy with an ileostomy.
    BTW, you will need to clear your inbox when you get a chance but you have more important things to do like getting back on your feet and getting home.
    All the best.
    Sorry Raj - nothing quite so extreme, but a full colectomy as well. There is still a stump from my colon, which at some point I’ll need to discuss with the IBD team in terms of potential removal. I think that’s a year or two in the future though.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 11th March 2024 at 22:23.

I’m sorry it’s taken so long for me to get round to this thread. But thoughts are with you, Tony, and I’m glad you managed to get treatment in time considering how unwell you were. I wish you all the best for a strong recovery from all of this. Take care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    All the best with your recovery Tony. I too have UC and am on my 3rd 'mab treatment. It's been working well for the last 3 years but inflammation markers look like they are
    starting to rise. A mate of mine had his colon removed last year and has a bag fitted. It has totally changed his life for the better. I hope you manage to have the same outcome.
    Regards,
    maseman

Quote Originally Posted by bmpf View Post
    I’m sorry it’s taken so long for me to get round to this thread. But thoughts are with you, Tony, and I’m glad you managed to get treatment in time considering how unwell you were. I wish you all the best for a strong recovery from all of this. Take care.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by maseman View Post
    All the best with your recovery Tony. I too have UC and am on my 3rd 'mab treatment. It's been working well for the last 3 years but inflammation markers look like they are
    starting to rise. A mate of mine had his colon removed last year and has a bag fitted. It has totally changed his life for the better. I hope you manage to have the same outcome.
    Regards,
    maseman
    Thanks, and good luck with yours. Hoe many biologic options do you have left?

Noted regarding your friend, which is reassuring.

Sorry to hear all this Tony

I hadn't checked in the thread for a while and didn't realise you needed or indeed you'd had surgery. Good to read that you're home and improving

I'm not that far from you. If you need anything, do let me know. Would be good to see you

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon View Post
    Sorry to hear all this Tony

I hadn't checked in the thread for a while and didn't realise you needed or indeed you'd had surgery. Good to read that you're home and improving

I'm not that far from you. If you need anything, do let me know. Would be good to see you
    That’s very kind of you indeed, thank you.

Just revisiting this forum after many years away, and saw this post.

Although not completely the same, I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease roughly 15 years ago, after a few years of suffering severe stomach cramps. Went through many types of diagnosis and medication before finding something that helps keep flare ups both infrequent and manageable. I'm currently on fortnightly Hymeria self administered injections and it's effectively given me my life back.

If there's anything you need to ask just shout, or if anyone else is going through something similar feel free to PM me.